OH with criminal record

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Annemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really nice
Default OH with criminal record

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. I am a second yr student nurse with 18 months left till qualifying . Me, my partner and two young kiddies are looking to emigrate once I have a years experience. My question is that my OH has a criminal record for possession of cannabis,he had to go to court and pay costs this was about 10 years ago and has been in no trouble since. Do you think this would effect our chances of emigrating? He also has relatives in Melbourne and has travelled to Australia before and has never had problems with visas in the past.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Annemarie xx
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH with criminal record

Originally Posted by Annemarie24
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. I am a second yr student nurse with 18 months left till qualifying . Me, my partner and two young kiddies are looking to emigrate once I have a years experience. My question is that my OH has a criminal record for possession of cannabis,he had to go to court and pay costs this was about 10 years ago and has been in no trouble since. Do you think this would effect our chances of emigrating? He also has relatives in Melbourne and has travelled to Australia before and has never had problems with visas in the past.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Annemarie xx
Did he admit the offence when he travelled before?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Annemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Pollyana;9880104]Did he admit the offence when he travelled before?[/

the flights had already been booked before he committed the offence, he got arressted a couple of weeks before he before he flew to oz cos I remember I had to pay his fine while he was as in Australia.

Obviously I know we will have to declare this when we apply for our visas, just wondered if anyone else had come across this sort of situation before?

Last edited by Annemarie24; Feb 2nd 2012 at 1:21 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 2:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: OH with criminal record

A criminal record is traditional for Pommy immigrants. It goes back a long way.

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:37 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

When the time comes to fill out the immigration paperwork then he must declare it.

He'll be fine though it's more serious offenses that will stop someone emigrating (going to prison for more than 2 years, that kind of thing).
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:03 pm
Banned

aliciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nice

The criminal clearance only goes back 10 years so it might not even show up.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
A criminal record is traditional for Pommy immigrants. It goes back a long way.

that's where the ozzy,s come from the mother country, where we shipped all the convicts
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:50 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aliciaf
It still needs to be declared.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aliciaf
A UK police check does NOT only go back 10 years. For Immigration purposes a police checks lists all offences held on file by the police, no matter how old, and no matter whether they are spent or not.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

spence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nice

My criminal conviction for possession of a class b substance (same as cannabis) from 1992 was on my PCC. To the OP it won't cause any problems as long as it's admitted on the application. My wife has a few convictions also and we got our visas last week.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spence501
My criminal conviction for possession of a class b substance (same as cannabis) from 1992 was on my PCC. To the OP it won't cause any problems as long as it's admitted on the application. My wife has a few convictions also and we got our visas last week.
thanks you've put my mind at rest