Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

Wikiposts

The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

I wasnt looking for an arguement, its just somtimes you get forced into a corner and you come out fighting.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi

I am a 176 paper based applicant. I feel a bit like a guinea pig as most people have applied on line so I have no idea what is going to happen to our application.

So, I wait along with everyone else.

I am sorry biggles got some hate mail, that was really upsetting to hear and I am disappointed that someone would do that. However, I feel for the fustrations of everyone on this forum and others.

Its not a nice process, its stressful and painful.

And if the DIAC do read this forum......please can I have a visa

Cx
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Migrant8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

Hi,

I also applied for 136MODL and waiting..........

Its not nice we are angry to those 175 applicants and best to think there are more big and important things in life just than a normal visa.

We may be lucky some day because of this delay

Who knows??????????????
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

With regards to the hate mail, if anyone receives hate mail or pms of any kind through this site, please forward them immediately either to myself or to Sue (Admin). That kind of abuse is not welcome on this site, and offenders will be dealt with.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I have to say that I am disgusted that people would take out their frustration with DIAC on biggles- congrats again biggles...

Hindsight being a great thing, many of us would have applied online if we had known it would be this quick. Personally we did have the points for either system on the 1st july (when we had sufficient work experience) and just wanted to get the application started as soon as possible (thinking this would lead to the quickest visa grant). Its a frustrating situation, but ultimately there's little we can do.

If we believe that 90% of DIACs resources are diverted towards the old style applications then the logical conclusion would be that this quick grant will not be the norm. Having applied on the stroke of midnight this is probably about the first recieved and therefore perhaps a test case. We would therefore expect a steady but quite slow trickle of grants for these visas, though given the small numbers concerned they probably will be granted before the vast number of aug applications.

I feel that DIAC should either allow applicants from pre-sept to resubmit at no extra cost as a number of people may think this will help them, and it may help DIAC clear the backlog. Though of course there would be no guarentees that the grant would be quicker if people chose to do this. Personally I would prob just choose to sit tight as we already have our ack and are getting meds and pcc done soon.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

lets just all try and remember what we came on here to do. we came on BE to learn , and new make friends for our new lives in OZ. I have chatted with some really helpful people and will hopefully stay in touch with them when we are there,

We will all get there in the end. So lets all take a deep breath and look forward to Australia .

I wish everyone applying for any visa in the world all the best and hope your dreams come true.

Cheers.

Diane
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
I have to say that I am disgusted that people would take out their frustration with DIAC on biggles- congrats again biggles...

Hindsight being a great thing, many of us would have applied online if we had known it would be this quick. Personally we did have the points for either system on the 1st july (when we had sufficient work experience) and just wanted to get the application started as soon as possible (thinking this would lead to the quickest visa grant). Its a frustrating situation, but ultimately there's little we can do.

If we believe that 90% of DIACs resources are diverted towards the old style applications then the logical conclusion would be that this quick grant will not be the norm. Having applied on the stroke of midnight this is probably about the first recieved and therefore perhaps a test case. We would therefore expect a steady but quite slow trickle of grants for these visas, though given the small numbers concerned they probably will be granted before the vast number of aug applications.

I feel that DIAC should either allow applicants from pre-sept to resubmit at no extra cost as a number of people may think this will help them, and it may help DIAC clear the backlog. Though of course there would be no guarentees that the grant would be quicker if people chose to do this. Personally I would prob just choose to sit tight as we already have our ack and are getting meds and pcc done soon.

Lots of June applicants are now being allocated Case Officers so things are definitely moving. It will be your turn soon.... Probably this time next month - get the meds in ASAP as that is what is taking the time, the LCU are still taking around 8 weeks to process.

Good luck.

Lau x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

thanks for that- we've started looking into medicals now though we might not be able to get them done until the begining of january. We're a bit worried that the visa won't be granted by May and if thats the case we won't be able to leave until after xmas 08 (we're both teachers so can only resign/ leave at set times). not having the money for a validation trip or redoing of medicals is a big concern at the mo.