Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

Wikiposts

The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:51 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official 136-v-175 Timeline Venting Thread

PS. Am I alone in seeing a parallel disregard for the interests of skilled visa applicants in TRA's withdrawal of Skill Pathway D without notice?

It hasn't been an easy few weeks for skilled visa applicants, or their advisors.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
PS. Am I alone in seeing a parallel disregard for the interests of skilled visa applicants in TRA's withdrawal of Skill Pathway D without notice?

It hasn't been an easy few weeks for skilled visa applicants, or their advisors.
You certainly must be earning your money at the moment!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ontheup
I'm not on either visa so it doesn't affect me but just to add fuel to the fire: I could be wrong but I guess they pulled the meds out of the LCU back log in order to grant a 175 within 7 weeks. Does this mean they will be doing the same with the rest and the back log will take longer to clear. Thus not affecting just the 136's but in fact all visa applications?????:curse:
You have an interesting point there we were under the impression that meds were done online if it was a paper based meds then they have opened another can of worms with LCU

Suexx

Last edited by suesk; Oct 20th 2007 at 2:05 am. Reason: missed a word out
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

ontheup will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by suesk
You have an interesting point there we were under the impression that meds were done online if it was a paper based meds then they have opened another can of worms with LCU

Suexx
I onl know the meds were submitted 14 sept, would be good to know whether they have been plucked or not just to see where LCU are really at!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk

Suexx
I think some people are doing meds on-line but not all as not yet widely available in UK. Not sure what Biggles did, will go see if I can find out as would be interesting to know!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:45 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official 136-v-175 Venting Thread

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Just a quick technical note. Here are two extracts from the relevant Ministerial Direction (Number 35 of 2004) under section 499 of the Migration Act 1958 that pertains to the processing of skilled visa applications entitled, "Order of Consideration of applications for sponsorship, nomination and visas under the Skill Stream of the Migration Program and the Temporary Residence Program":

"Persons or bodies having powers under the Migration Act 1958 to consider visa applications (or to review decisions pertaining to such applications) have power under section 51 of the Migration Act 1958 to consider and dispose of applications for visas in such order as they consider appropriate."

and

"The order of processing of applications for Business Sponsorship, Business Nomination, Approved Appointment and visas under the Skill Stream of the Migration Program should be:

- applications relating to the entry of a person whose occupation is listed on the MODL; and

- applications for State-specific and regional migration visa subclasses; then

- all other fully completed applications in the order in which they are received."

I defer to the more legally minded, but I see nothing in this Direction that says e-lodged visa applications shall be processed more quickly than paper based applications.

Best regards.
Well the legislation gives them the ultimate get out clause, as they can process in an order they see fit. It may just be that they have considered it and the first so many hundred applications will be processed to live check the system and include all potential problems.... Whatever....
Any Barrister could argue successfully in that the DIAC is actiing within the legislation as it stands... regardless of the following paragraphs, because of the changes instigated on 1st September 2007.

I am well aware that this does not take into consideration the impact that it may have on individuals who are emotionally invested in the process and therefore feel annoyed and sidelined by their actions

I might also recall a post that Alan made some weeks ago stating that 90% of the Case officers were working on the 136 back log,
I am curious to know exactly how many applications were made in September, as compared to the preceeding months before the changes?
With it being online and actually as I remember having a few bugs there in the first week or two.... (no English language points were awarded to British Citizens) I can only assume that many potential 1st Sept applicants held off for a bit to see what happened.... me included.

I am not aiming to be inflammatory, I am merely suggesting that life isn't fair and even the best planned and carefully worded laws are subject to interpretation... therefore, nothing will change.
My mother is a decision maker for the UK government and her take is that,
in effect the government can interpret the law as they see fit...
Obviously this includes the processing of migration applications.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alipally
Well the legislation gives them the ultimate get out clause, as they can process in an order they see fit. It may just be that they have considered it and the first so many hundred applications will be processed to live check the system and include all potential problems.... Whatever....
Any Barrister could argue successfully in that the DIAC is actiing within the legislation as it stands... regardless of the following paragraphs, because of the changes instigated on 1st September 2007.

I am well aware that this does not take into consideration the impact that it may have on individuals who are emotionally invested in the process and therefore feel annoyed and sidelined by their actions

I might also recall a post that Alan made some weeks ago stating that 90% of the Case officers were working on the 136 back log,
I am curious to know exactly how many applications were made in September, as compared to the preceeding months before the changes?
With it being online and actually as I remember having a few bugs there in the first week or two.... (no English language points were awarded to British Citizens) I can only assume that many potential 1st Sept applicants held off for a bit to see what happened.... me included.

I am not aiming to be inflammatory, I am merely suggesting that life isn't fair and even the best planned and carefully worded laws are subject to interpretation... therefore, nothing will change.
My mother is a decision maker for the UK government and her take is that,
in effect the government can interpret the law as they see fit...
Obviously this includes the processing of migration applications.
Ali

I seem to remember reading somewhere that 1000 applications (in total) both online and paper based were received by Diac in Spetember.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scrum
Ali

I seem to remember reading somewhere that 1000 applications (in total) both online and paper based were received by Diac in Spetember.
Bit of a difference to the 30,000 in August!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

Just a little bit.

Trish
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:09 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Heck of a difference in the number of applicants submitting there!!!!
Probably because a lot of people would lose points when the Sept 1st changes came into effect......losing 5 points for English ability for one.
Beth x x
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

JR05 will become famous soon enoughJR05 will become famous soon enough

I really feel that those who have 'ill will' against the recipient of the 175 visa are in the minority, and i know that many of the 175 applicants started the visa process way way before the 1st Sept, However, its understandable for some people to be a bit peed off (with DIAC) by the swiftness of the visa grant. Particularly when LCU do still appear to have a back log. I am always happy to hear of a visa grant and the grant of a 175 is no different, but to say people are throwing their toys out etc is a bit harsh, it is naive to say that because we have no control over the fairness of DIAC we should get over it. This topic was always going to raise a few questions.
I also bet that the person who received the grant had numerous well wishes from pre Sept app. So we're not all bad
Good luck to all, Jay

Last edited by JR05; Oct 20th 2007 at 4:58 am.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:53 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1000, I'll bet that they're bricking themselves, because at that rate they've no chance of meeting their own targets for migrants... I have to say looking at the statistics they've fallen short every year for at least 3 years to my knowledge...

I wonder, out of the 30,000 August applicants, how many of them would be unable to meet the new Visa requirements?

(OK wandering off topic now, will slope of and let anyone who wants to.... drive themselves into an early grave..... Remember type A personalities???)
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Todays question really should be....what has caused most controversy? The Eng/SA rugy final or Sept on-line appliocant getting their visa? Some perspective maybe????!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

I wonder, out of the 30,000 August applicants, how many of them would be unable to meet the new Visa requirements?

We would have sailed throught the 175 process - isnt hindsight wonderful:curse:*sob*
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:28 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
If DIAC can consistantly process a 175 visa in less time than a 136 maybe it would be in their interests to allow applicants who meet the new requirements a do-over if they have not yet received a CO?

Last edited by ex_exile; Oct 20th 2007 at 10:52 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.