Offered Employment, RSMS 119 - Tas

Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

dextoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Offered Employment, RSMS 119 - Tas

Company have offered me a job. I have accepted and it is obviously dependant on the approval of a RSMS 119 visa application.
Company currently going through nomination process so I am starting to get my paperwork ready for visa application.

My question is, is it worth going it alone rather than paying for the services of an agent?
Everything seems straightforward enough, family and I have sent off for FBI background checks (had to go to police station and find someone that can still do wet prints!) as I lived in the US for 7 years and we have sent off for our UK police checks.
The visa application looks straightforward enough.
My daughter is 18.5 and will be coming with us. She is dependant on us so I will apply for a child visa but I wonder what evidence I have to supply?
Does anyone have a template that I can possibly work from?
Would it be better to use an agent?

There is excellent information on here to read- thanks to all that make the effort to reply to posts.
Hopefully the collective wisdom on this board will be able to point me in the right direction.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offered Employment, RSMS 119 - Tas

It is usual for the company to decide if they want to use an agent or not. If they want to, let them I would say, the RSMS is not one of the easiest visas, there are a few stages to it.

You need to prove your daughter is still in full time education and that you are paying toward her financial upkeep to proe dependence. You would not apply for a child visa, you would add her to this visa application.

Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Has your company sponsored for rsms before?

Mine never had done, so we decided to use George Lombard as he has a very good reputation. We are still only at the rcb level after months and months. Even with all of george's knowledge our application to the rcb got turned down, with George seeing nothing at all wrong with the application. By the sounds of the refusal email they hadn't even read the application and had bunched us in with a load of people who have applied for nurseryperson while actually working in lettuce farms etc. Which would be fine IF I was also doing that, but I am actually working as a real nursery person.
The second application is in, but who knows. It should have passed last time.

Anyway, my point is that since many other routes in have been changed they are having LOADS more applications come in, and they are being far more picky (even with no need). So definatly worth thinking about getting an agent.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the information.
The company is a University and they seem to know what they are doing but I don't think they are using an agent. I will need to find that out.
My daughter is not in full time education, but she lives at home and relies on us financially for support and for sheltar and food.
She has a temp job that finishes in a couple of months. She does not drive and is not what I would call street wise. She is an only child. I do not want to leave her behind.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I would contact an agent before going any thurther. Your daughter has left full time education and got a job. I am pretty sure they will not accept her as being dependent. You really need to check this out ASAP.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dextoo
Thanks for the information.
The company is a University and they seem to know what they are doing but I don't think they are using an agent. I will need to find that out.
My daughter is not in full time education, but she lives at home and relies on us financially for support and for sheltar and food.
She has a temp job that finishes in a couple of months. She does not drive and is not what I would call street wise. She is an only child. I do not want to leave her behind.
Unfortunately your definition of what dependent means is not the one that counts. She is not in full time education and therefore it is going to be very difficult to convince immigration. When did she leave school?
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Left school at 16.
Surely being 18 and left school does not mean you are not dependant on parents?
She lives at home, earns £500 per month on a temp contract. We provide food and lodgings.
If we left for Aussie and her contract at work expires, how is an 18 year old supposed to live?, where is she supposed to live?
I don't know anyone that can live on £500 per month, own house, bills, commute to work independant of family.
It seems crazy that because you are 18 you are not deemed to be part of the family unit!
Can we sponsor her as immediate family once (if) we get out there?
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm afraid she won't be counted as dependent.
The only way she will be able to go to oz permanently is to train for a job needed in oz and hope it is still on the skills list by the time she is eligible to apply. She could get a working holiday visa, but that will never be permanent.
Sorry to break the bad news. :-(
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dextoo
Left school at 16.
Surely being 18 and left school does not mean you are not dependant on parents?
She lives at home, earns £500 per month on a temp contract. We provide food and lodgings.
If we left for Aussie and her contract at work expires, how is an 18 year old supposed to live?, where is she supposed to live?
I don't know anyone that can live on £500 per month, own house, bills, commute to work independant of family.
It seems crazy that because you are 18 you are not deemed to be part of the family unit!
Can we sponsor her as immediate family once (if) we get out there?
She is an adult at 18 and as she is not in full time education the view will be that she could get a full time job; a 40 year old could be unemployed or on low income and rely upon parent support and that wouldn't make them dependent either when it comes to immigration. It is the way it is I am afraid, you are not going to be able to include her on the application. There is nothing you can do once you arrive other than sponsor for a last remaining relative visa (assuming both parents are going), however this visa takes a very long time, maybe ten years.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just to add please speak to an agent about this, we are just unpaid peeps on a forum. And whilst I think it doesn't look promising (to say the least), it would obviously make sense to get this confirmed.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely recommend good professional assistance (for example, George Lombard in Sydney) for an application like this. Two issues in particular:

- RSMS can be quite a difficult visa because of the Regional Certifying Bodies involvement in the process. Depends on if the sponsor is already known to the regional organization. The easiest way to bypass all of this is to use the ENS visa if possible, but a lot of employers don't understand the option to use ENS is available everywhere.

- Dependency for your daughter. It will be difficult but perhaps not impossible (perhaps some excessively definitive comments from others) if documented well. And by the way, you have to include on the ENS/RSMS visa, not a child visa.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Well, just an update.
Received Visa Grant this week on RSMS 119 for me, wife and 19 yr daughter.
Patience, research and determination will get you places.
We are off in November to our new life is Tasmania.