Offer Letter

Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offer Letter

I am applying for 175 visa and my estimated points are 140. My IELTs score is 7.5 and I have a job offer letter from Australian company for the post included in MODL.

But the problem is that, the offer letter is from an organization with is relatively small and have 5 full time employees.

Should I show this offer letter in my application?

Regards,
Komail Noori
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all
Default Re: Offer Letter

Originally Posted by komail
I am applying for 175 visa and my estimated points are 140. My IELTs score is 7.5 and I have a job offer letter from Australian company for the post included in MODL.

But the problem is that, the offer letter is from an organization with is relatively small and have 5 full time employees.

Should I show this offer letter in my application?

Regards,
Komail Noori
If you are on MODL and you have a job offer, you can claim extra points for that. That means you have to provide proof for it too, so include it. From the DIAC website:

To receive extra points for a job offer, you must provide documentary evidence of your job offer. This evidence must:
  • be written on the official letterhead of the prospective employer
  • indicate clearly on the letterhead the full address of the employer, any telephone and fax numbers, and email and website addresses
  • have the name and position of the person authorised to sign the offer of employment typed or stamped below that person's signature. A letter with an illegible signature will not be accepted.
  • the exact period of employment, including:
    • whether permanent or temporary
    • full or part time
    • the main five (5) duties
    • the salary
    • position/s offered
    • Note: Positions should not be described by generic titles (for example, research officer) but according to the nature of the duties undertaken (for example, research chemist)
  • the organisation making the job offer must also indicate the number of people it has employed on a full time basis for the previous two (2) years.
For you to be awarded these points, documentary evidence as described above must be included with your application. The department will check the details of any job offer provided before points are awarded.
Cheers,
Sylvia

Last edited by eurosyl; Jun 19th 2009 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 12:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer Letter

Originally Posted by eurosyl
If you are on MODL and you have a job offer, you can claim extra points for that. That means you have to provide proof for it too, so include it. From the DIAC website:

Cheers,
Sylvia
But why would he need to claim more points? He's already got more than the 120 required.

To the OP. If you have a job offer then it would not hurt to include it. You already have enough points for your visa so it really shouldn't affect things one way or the other.