Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

obviously there is something.....................

obviously there is something.....................

Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough
Default obviously there is something.....................

wrong...........................
hi every one
This is my story
applied for 136
sent application 24/4/07
xrays sent 21/8/07
meds rec 24/9/07
co end aug
meds cleared 17/11/07
contacted case officer twice, after 17/11, to see if see needed any other info, she replied once to say she will be dealing with case shortly.

I am very please to see others recieve visas, but have been noticing quite a few lucky applicants who have applied 1 or maybe 2 months after me , and note have sent their medicals 1 month to 2 months after mine, and on 136 visa, and have now recieved visas.
some people have waited 1 week-2 weeks on visa decision , from medicals clearing.
example from meds recieved to visa granted 37 days, were as I have waited 73 days, and they sent every thing over a month after me.
I know case officers are very busy, but there is a big difference in this.

As I said before I have emailed case officer to see if she needed any thing else, as NOTEMy daughter turns 11 in 8 days, this will mean daughter having to have an xray and another long wait, should I email her to see if it speeds her up, or wait and see if something happens in the next days.
I will be furious as our xrays have been in oz from end aug, meds cleared 3 weeks ago, and have been emailing co to see if she needed any thing else.
Can anyone please advice on what to do, should I wait or contact someone else.
Why havent they let me know, do you think this delay, means something wron?
help much apprecitated

Last edited by the murrays; Dec 6th 2007 at 7:14 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:54 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Default Re: obviously there is something.....................

It can take over a month from Meds being finalised to visa grant. Beth on the September forum had meds finalised end Oct and didn't get visa until this week.

I know it's hard but I'm afraid you just have to sit this one out.

I'm sure you'll get it some time very soon.

Allan

p.s. if your meds have been cleared already your daughter won't have to have them done.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by allankate
It can take over a month from Meds being finalised to visa grant. Beth on the September forum had meds finalised end Oct and didn't get visa until this week.

I know it's hard but I'm afraid you just have to sit this one out.

I'm sure you'll get it some time very soon.

Allan

p.s. if your meds have been cleared already your daughter won't have to have them done.
Thank you allankate for getting back to me, I was told they can ask you to get the xray, but I hope not.
You were the only one replied back out of the 49 people who read the thread, maybe they think there is something wrong too, and just dont want to say.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Hang in there,can't see them wanting x-ray once you have meds finalised

Good luck
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
More likely there is no advice we can give. like everyone else in that situation I'm afraid you have to wait until they process the paperwork. No-one can give you a grant date, as it it a "how-long -is-a-piece-of-string question, sorry.
thanks for getting back to me, Ill just have to sit it out, seen only one other person who is waiting longer than me, didnt make me feel as bad.

siobhan

Last edited by the murrays; Dec 6th 2007 at 8:29 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:40 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the murrays
thanks for getting back to me, Ill just have to sit it out, seen only one other person who is waiting longer than me, didnt make me feel as bad.

siobhan
Don't worry, it's easy to get paranoid & think everything's going wrong when you never hear anything & can't get the information.

That's why lots of us use BE - so we can pass the time with others who know what we're going through - see you in the Barbie for some mindless banter sometime
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

benneman is an unknown quantity at this point

siobhan
To make you feel better (and me worse) we have applied for our visa (136) February 21st. We didn't get a CO before November 2nd. We are now waiting for our meds to be processed.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benneman
To make you feel better (and me worse) we have applied for our visa (136) February 21st. We didn't get a CO before November 2nd. We are now waiting for our meds to be processed.
oh thats bad, I dont feel as bad, I hope you hear something very soon.
Its awful all the waiting
talk to you soon
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Im positive it wont be much longer im gonna guess at a date of 14th dec anyone else brave enough.

Suexx
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

siobhan
We applied 29th March and still don't even have a CO! :curse:
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:06 am
i want some cake

niknak01 will become famous soon enoughniknak01 will become famous soon enough

hey we have the same last name we got our visas and are heading to adelaide just hang in there this is the worst part im sure it wont be long for you now.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suesk
Im positive it wont be much longer im gonna guess at a date of 14th dec anyone else brave enough.

Suexx
That's my birthday. I can vouch for it! It's a good date!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

jeffoz is on a distinguished road

Seriously you should not worry. Since you have a case officer everything is fine.
In my case I had to wait for 90 days before being granted my visa though I sent the australian police certificate same day as requested (= case officer allocation day) and that was the only piece missing (meds had cleared for a long time). 13 weeks were required to finalize my application (= process a one page nil line certificate) and total waiting time was 11 months and seven days. Not hearing from immigration is a good sign
No worries mate !
Cheers.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

nixxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Siobhan
Don't panic we're going on a 136 and had mail from our agent stating the wait from our c/o receiving all our paperwork to getting our visa's could be anything from 2 weeks to around 2 months sounds like it's pretty much luck of the draw stuff !
Hope you hear something soon
Paul xx
Old Dec 9th 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
That's my birthday. I can vouch for it! It's a good date!
I hope your right, as thats our daughters birthday
good luck every one waiting, I hope we all hear something soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.