Old Mar 10th 2002, 9:05 pm
Nicki

Default NZ: PR - Got It!!

Hello!

Well.... I'm still in shock... Yesterday morning we received a letter from NZIS
(London) saying we'd been accepted (in principle) for PR. It took 8 days - YES
- 8 days!!

More details (although it was only a week ago I posted them!) We applied under
General Skills, 25 points - and we went alone (i.e. not using an agency). I took the
application up on 01/03, we received a confirmation letter on 02/03 - and the
acceptance letter 09/03.

Now all we have to do is sell the house & it's contents! )

Nicki.

PS. As I said before, fell free to email or reply for further info.

--
(Remove SPAM from e-mail address to reply...)

Old Mar 10th 2002, 11:05 pm
Winnie

Default Re: PR - Got It!!

"Nicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello!
    >
    > Well.... I'm still in shock... Yesterday morning we received a letter from NZIS
    > (London) saying we'd been accepted (in principle) for PR. It took 8 days - YES -
    > 8 days!!
    >
    > More details (although it was only a week ago I posted them!) We applied under
    > General Skills, 25 points - and we went alone (i.e. not using an agency). I took
    > the application up on 01/03, we received a confirmation letter on 02/03 - and the
    > acceptance letter 09/03.
    >
    > Now all we have to do is sell the house & it's contents! )
    >
    > Nicki.
    >
    > PS. As I said before, fell free to email or reply for further info.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Well done Nicki! So pleased for you. That PR rush takes some beating )

Happy hugs Winnie

Old Mar 11th 2002, 6:59 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NZ: PR - Got It!!

Congratulations to you too!

NZIS London seem to be processing very efficiently at the moment. I wonder if it has anything to do with Q1 2002 points passmark having gone up to 25 points?

Best
Old Mar 11th 2002, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Thomas will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Nicki,

Why is NZ PR is so quick to come by. I start wondering if there is there something wrong with NZ? Or is this pure efficiency? There seems to be an unending wait for Australia and Canada.

Please compare and look for any abnormal situations before you go ahead and sell your house etc. Since the PR has come thru immediately, you can afford a week or two gathering inforamtion about NZ from a critical perspective.

Wish you all the best.

Cheers
Old Mar 11th 2002, 9:04 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Tom,

I am sure that while efficiency of processing applications may be an issue, it is likely to be a small part of the reason why there is a big difference between waiting times for NZ, Aus, Canada.

More likely reason is the supply/ demand situation and total PR limits for each respective country.

NZ has immigration quota of 48500 this year with tolerance of +/-10%. Given the population of 3.8M, if you multiplied up the quota to match Aus's population, (I assume 19M), it would give a quota this year of 240000 for Aus, which I guess would allow all on the waiting list to get PR without undue delay...

Aus probably is the more popular choice (bigger country and economic potential, more cosmopolitan, basking in glory of Olympics and soaps etc...?) but that doesn't make NZ a bad choice per se.

And after 3 years (with NZ citizenship) we could all go and live and work there anyway if we wanted to!

Best
Old Mar 13th 2002, 5:35 pm
Nicki

On 11 Mar 2002 07:33:21 -0600, newstartnz <[email protected]> wrote:

>Congratulations to you too!
    >
    >NZIS London seem to be processing very efficiently at the moment. I wonder if it has
    >anything to do with Q1 2002 points passmark having gone up to 25 points?
    >
    >Best

Thanks! I don't know what the reason is, really. I'd have thought this would be a
busy time of year for them as people tend to make these decisions over New Year! Or
is that just us?!? )

Nicki
--

Nicki

On 11 Mar 2002 07:33:47 -0600, Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:

>Congratulations Nicki,
    >
    >Why is NZ PR is so quick to come by. I start wondering if there is there something
    >wrong with NZ? Or is this pure efficiency? There seems to be an unending wait for
    >Australia and Canada.
    >
    >Please compare and look for any abnormal situations before you go ahead and sell
    >your house etc. Since the PR has come thru immediately, you can afford a week or two
    >gathering inforamtion about NZ from a critical perspective.
    >
    >Wish you all the best.
    >
    >Cheers

Thanks, Tom. I would put it down to pure efficiency, as I'm sure there's nothing
wrong with NZ! )

Believe me though. We have thought this thru pretty thoroughly, and can't wait to
get there!

Nicki
--

Nicki

Default Re: PR - Got It!!

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:26:58 +0000 (UTC), "Winnie"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Nicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> Well.... I'm still in shock... Yesterday morning we received a letter from NZIS
    >> (London) saying we'd been accepted (in principle) for PR. It took 8 days - YES -
    >> 8 days!!
    >>
    >> More details (although it was only a week ago I posted them!) We applied under
    >> General Skills, 25 points - and we went alone (i.e. not using an agency). I took
    >> the application up on 01/03, we received a confirmation letter on 02/03 - and the
    >> acceptance letter 09/03.
    >>
    >> Now all we have to do is sell the house & it's contents! )
    >>
    >> Nicki.
    >>
    >> PS. As I said before, fell free to email or reply for further info.
    >
    >WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!
    >
    >Well done Nicki! So pleased for you. That PR rush takes some beating )
    >
    >Happy hugs Winnie

Thanks, Winnie. You are certainly right about the PR rush!

Nicki.
--