Wikiposts

NZ to OZ

Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

welsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the rough
Default NZ to OZ

Hope you guys can help.

I dont think I will be able to get to OZ without a degree and with my current professional qualifications.
So I have decided to try NZ instead.

Now the question, If I decied that NZ is now for me, how easy will it be to move over the Water, and how long will I have to erside in NZ.

Thanks In Advance

John
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ to OZ

Originally Posted by welsh213
Hope you guys can help.

I dont think I will be able to get to OZ without a degree and with my current professional qualifications.
So I have decided to try NZ instead.

Now the question, If I decied that NZ is now for me, how easy will it be to move over the Water, and how long will I have to erside in NZ.

Thanks In Advance

John
Ulike Ausytralian Permanent Residents who can reside in NZ if the ychoose, NZ permanent residents do not have the reciprocal benefit - will need NZ citizenship to get accross the Water

Tony
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

welsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by welshtony
Ulike Ausytralian Permanent Residents who can reside in NZ if the ychoose, NZ permanent residents do not have the reciprocal benefit - will need NZ citizenship to get accross the Water

Tony
Tony,

So i assume that to do this I wold need to reside in NZ to be allowed to become a citizen.
Is this the only contidion on living/working in OZ then?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Tony,

So i assume that to do this I wold need to reside in NZ to be allowed to become a citizen.
Is this the only contidion on living/working in OZ then?
3 years in NZ to apply for NZ citz - NZ passport then gets you to Australia to live and work indefinitely but not quite with the same benefits of an Australian PErmanent resident e.g. restrictions on sponsorin grelatives as NZ Citizen and restrictions on gaining Australian Citizenship

Tony
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

3 years in NZ to apply for NZ citz - NZ passport then gets you to Australia to live and work indefinitely but not quite with the same benefits of an Australian PErmanent resident e.g. restrictions on sponsorin grelatives as NZ Citizen and restrictions on gaining Australian Citizenship

Tony
Tony, thanks again.

Dont know if it is something else you might be able to answer.
I believe that I will not be able to get into Oz as I dont have a degree, and if I manage to pass my current studies will only have an MCSA2003.
I have first cousins residing in Queensland, and am willing to invest the the $100k.
I currently work in AS400 Support and have around 5 years IT experience.
any suggestions.

Last edited by welsh213; Nov 15th 2005 at 11:07 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Tony

It's now 5 years for NZ citizenship.
http://www.citizenship.govt.nz

On top of that you can't plan to leave NZ until after being sworn in as a citizen.

Jeremy
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tony, thanks again.

Dont know if it is something else you might be able to answer.
I believe that I will not be able to get into Oz as I dont have a degree, and if I manage to pass my current studies will only have an MCSA2003.
I have first cousins residing in Queensland, and am willing to invest the the $100k.
I currently work in AS400 Support and have around 5 years IT experience.
any suggestions.
Maybe best work towards a qualification that will be recognised by VETASSESS for 40 points - it appears you would then have strong claims if your 1st cousin stil lresides in a regtional area for the purposes of the new 139 visa - will be a temporary visa by then.

Tony
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe best work towards a qualification that will be recognised by VETASSESS for 40 points - it appears you would then have strong claims if your 1st cousin stil lresides in a regtional area for the purposes of the new 139 visa - will be a temporary visa by then.

Tony
Sorry to sound think Tony but what/who is VETASSESS?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

One of the skill assessing authorities. See form 1121i for the SOL (occupations list) and contact details.

Jeremy
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

VETASSESS are the skills assessing body for many general occupations on the SOL - all of them are 40 or 50 point occupations and VETASSESS only assess qualifications. Therefore, if your qualification was say an NVQ III in Information Technology. If you went to the ACS, you would need an additional 6 years of IT experience to ge trecognised by them and qualify for the award of 60 points for your Nominated Occupation. Alternatively, if a 40 or a 50 point Nominated Occupation gets you through 138 or 139 then yo ucould nominate any of the 40 point occupations that VETASSESS are the gazetted Relevant assessing body for and get a successful VETASSESS letetr stating that you are recognised in tha tOccupation, on teh strangth of any Equivalent AQF Diploma Qualification. You would have to be very careful when nominating a different occupation to your recent work experience but that is anothe rquestion.

It is hard to get your head around sometimes but, let's take the scenario that you had an NVQ III in IT and a first cousin resident in a Designated area of Queeensland. You need to get recognised in ANY occupation on SOL and have 12 months/18 Recent work experience in ANY occupation on SOL (and be under 45, have certain level of English, require AOS later etc etc )

To stress my point, you could apply to VETASSESS on the strength of your NVQIII in IT and ask to be assessed as a Massage Therapist ASCO 3494-11. VETASSESS will come back and state that yous skills are recognised in this occupation FOR MIGRATION PURPOSES ONLY) - IT? MT? what's the difference. You then have to prove to DIMIA that you have 12 months in the last 18 in a skilled occupation - maybe we could classify your latest experience as Computing Support Technician ASCO 3294-11. All your details need to be looked at closely and you really should get an RMA to oversee such an application.

The VETASSESS alternate pathway is also an important consideration for IT people who can pass the ACS assessment but can not score the 120 for a 136 visa, the ythen get doors slammed in their face trying to get job offers in the hope of getting a State to nominate them for SIR. Those with qualifications that could get through VETASSESS for 40 or 50 points, should explore this avenue to see, if with the 10 points available for an SIR nomination, whther they could reach the SIR pass mark with a 40 or 50 point occupation that does not require a job offer for South Australia for example.

Tony
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Tony,

I have had a quick read of the 139 on Gomatilda.
I believe when i last looked on the SOL my current position was a 60 point, and my previous worth 40.
I assume this would be a way to come over without the degree, but with the experience. As my only formal qualification is a BTec, even though I attended Uni for 4 years (financial problems).
Guess I will speak to an agent then.

Thanks

John
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Tony,

I have had a quick read of the 139 on Gomatilda.
I believe when i last looked on the SOL my current position was a 60 point, and my previous worth 40.
I assume this would be a way to come over without the degree, but with the experience. As my only formal qualification is a BTec, even though I attended Uni for 4 years (financial problems).
Guess I will speak to an agent then.

Thanks

John
Hi John

as long as your experience is classed by ASPC in any occupation(s) on SOL, for 12 months in the last 18 months, then that is OK - so could be 6 months as IT technician and 6 months as IT professional - you need to get Diploma equivalent qual for possible 139 avenue or whatever the visa is called after next July.

Tony
Old Nov 16th 2005, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi John

as long as your experience is classed by ASPC in any occupation(s) on SOL, for 12 months in the last 18 months, then that is OK - so could be 6 months as IT technician and 6 months as IT professional - you need to get Diploma equivalent qual for possible 139 avenue or whatever the visa is called after next July.

Tony
Sorry for keep asking dumb questions. My quick read lead me to think that almost any qualification above secondary education would be acceptible, I guess this is not the case?

Thanks and apologise again.

John
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry for keep asking dumb questions. My quick read lead me to think that almost any qualification above secondary education would be acceptible, I guess this is not the case?

Thanks and apologise again.

John
Has to be equivalent to an Australian (AQF) Diploma

e.g. NVQ III, OND, TEC Diploma, BEC National Diploma, HNC, HND,
OND

Even a City & Guilds can be good enough if it is a Twechnician Certificate issued after a C&G level 3 (or C&G Level 2 if there is no Level 3)

Quals below the AQF diploma level would include - BTEC National Certificate, ONC, TEC Certificate, BEC National Certificate, GNVQ - any level, including advanced.

It is possible to get some professional qualifications assessed at the Diploma level with VETASSESS but this is another story.

Tony
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Has to be equivalent to an Australian (AQF) Diploma

e.g. NVQ III, OND, TEC Diploma, BEC National Diploma, HNC, HND,
OND

Even a City & Guilds can be good enough if it is a Twechnician Certificate issued after a C&G level 3 (or C&G Level 2 if there is no Level 3)

Quals below the AQF diploma level would include - BTEC National Certificate, ONC, TEC Certificate, BEC National Certificate, GNVQ - any level, including advanced.

It is possible to get some professional qualifications assessed at the Diploma level with VETASSESS but this is another story.

Tony
Tony thanks and 1 more question.

I thought a Btec National Dip, was equivilant of and NVQ III (according to the excedel(sp) website)

Cheers

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.