nursing assessment - help!?

Old Sep 14th 2003, 3:00 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default nursing assessment - help!?

can any nurses advise me?? I am looking to get my nursing qualification assessed at the end of the year to then submit pr application early next year. I have downloaded info and the application form from the anci, but have a couple of questions!!
- where on earth do I go to get a transcript of my training now that the place I trained at is now closed? I did the old style training (pre-project 2k) and the school of nursing shut down a couple of years after I qualified. the rcn website doesnt seem togive specific answers and the link to the nursing in Australia helpsheet doesnt work. the nmc also doesnt seem to be too helpful (but what did I expect!)
- how long is the assessment valid for? I understand the anc take a couple of months before you actually get your bit of paper! Having looked at other postings about this, a couple mentioned getting copies; does this mean asking for copies when you apply or just photocopying them and then getting them notarised? If I get the assessment done but then leave it 6/9/12 months before submitting my pr application, will the anci still be valid?

Thanks evr so much guys......
thought it would be straightforward until I realised Hillingdon School of Nursing didnt exist any more....!!

thanks in anticipation!

Sue
Old Sep 14th 2003, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

lind is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just had my skills assessed by the ANC and had the same problem as you with my school of nursing being no more!!
I contacted the NMC and they send the ANC a transcript of the most relevant syllabus that i covered during my training.Telephone them on (0044)2073336620 - verification departement.
The ANC assessment is valid for 2 years. I made my own copies and had them certified by a solicitor. The ANC keep all the stuff you send them and send you back their one letter !! They took about 4 weeks to process it all.
Good luck !! We've just applied for our skilled indep visa so are on the waiting game now!!

lind.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:19 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lind
I've just had my skills assessed by the ANC and had the same problem as you with my school of nursing being no more!!
I contacted the NMC and they send the ANC a transcript of the most relevant syllabus that i covered during my training.Telephone them on (0044)2073336620 - verification departement.
The ANC assessment is valid for 2 years. I made my own copies and had them certified by a solicitor. The ANC keep all the stuff you send them and send you back their one letter !! They took about 4 weeks to process it all.
Good luck !! We've just applied for our skilled indep visa so are on the waiting game now!!

lind.

hi lind,
thanks very much for that!
when did you submit your pr application? nurses are still being fast-tracked so you may not have to wait too long! let us know how you get on!!!
cheers
sue
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi lind,
thanks very much for that!
when did you submit your pr application? nurses are still being fast-tracked so you may not have to wait too long! let us know how you get on!!!
cheers
sue

sue, i applied in july on 139 skilled designated area sponsored, am also a nurse supposed to be fast tracked 4-6months but not sure about 139's

skilled independant for nurses if you look at previous threads are being priority processed some even taking weeks!!!

hope this helps

arlene
Old Sep 15th 2003, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue,
We applied at the end of June and haven't heard a peep yet, hoping that something happens in the next couple of weeks though.

Skills assessment only took 4 weeks by the way.

Claire
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:23 pm

hi there

cheers for the info!
have been watching the austimeline site for the processing times, and some nurses have been taking ages to get their visas!!!!
a guy I met recently is off soon on a sponsored visa for 2 years, and they take literally a couple of weeks!!!!!!!
wont be applying just yet -got some saving to do yet!!!!

sue
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:39 pm
Jaj

Default Re: nursing assessment - help!?

Your case should fall within the priority processing time scale of 4-6
months.

Jeremy

>On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:27:06 +0000, arlene <[email protected]> wrote:
    >sue, i applied in july on 139 skilled designated area sponsored, am also
    >a nurse supposed to be fast tracked 4-6months but not sure about 139's

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Sep 17th 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transcripts for ANCI

Hi Sue

My skills assessment took just over 4weeks to be sent.
ANCI were happy to accept syllabus of training which was relevant at the time I did my training which was 1981-84( My school of nursing had also closed down)
NMC sent copy of syllabus of training direct to ANCI.They wouldn't send me a copy.
We submitted our skilled independent visa application beginning of July and we had visas granted on 6 August (Austimeline link below)

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=936

I didn't send a copy of my transcript of training with our visa application as as I said earlier the NMC wouldn't let me have one.I just sent the original skills assessment and this must have been acceptable.
Hope this info helps

Diane
Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nursing assessment - help!?

I hope this info will help you.

If your former school was closed, you may request your current licensing board to send ANC their curriculum requirements for licensing RNs in your country, as proof of your education experience. This is because it will show the criteria you met in order to be licensed and it will be used as a baseline for your education credits.

Your academic credits could be received from the licensing board that first licensed you as a RN; request them to send th info. to ANC in order for it to be viewed as an official record.

I believe your assessment results are valid for 2 years from the time you lodged your application.

Yes, ANC takes 4 to 8 weeks to deliver your assessment results.

Any photocopies you send to ANC have to to validated as true authentic copies of the original. Yes, they have to be notarized. However, do not send any originals because when applying for PR, DIMIA will require that you send them the same info. you sent to ANC. Any documents you send to ANC will be kept by ANC for a number of years--don't send originals!!