Nurse Reg in Aus

Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse Reg in Aus

Hello

Having lived in aus a couple of years ago, i was registered and am still reg with the anmc. However we are moving back to aus and need to apply for a new visa.

Does my existing reg with anmc mean i dont have to go through the chore and expense of registering again? Or will my current one mean i can just show this to the migration officer and its sorted.

Thanks

Craig
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse Reg in Aus

Originally Posted by fillinghams
Hello

Having lived in aus a couple of years ago, i was registered and am still reg with the anmc. However we are moving back to aus and need to apply for a new visa.

Does my existing reg with anmc mean i dont have to go through the chore and expense of registering again? Or will my current one mean i can just show this to the migration officer and its sorted.

Thanks

Craig
Are you also registered with AHPRA?

Not sure what you mean you have to apply for a new visa. Did your visa expire? I'm also not sure what you mean by "just show the migration officer". What migration officer?
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

thanks thought my question was a bit vague.
i have reg with the nursing council in aus, how much and what what will it cost to re when i apply for new visa.

do i need to do anything extra re. nursing reg
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks thought my question was a bit vague.
i have reg with the nursing council in aus, how much and what what will it cost to re when i apply for new visa.

do i need to do anything extra re. nursing reg
But why are you applying for a new visa? Did your PR expire? When was it granted the first time? What visa are you planning to apply for?

If you're looking to apply for a skilled visa you need to do a skills assessment, IELTS, and possibly state sponsorship. Do you even pass the points test for PR now? It's changed in the past few years. www.immi.gov.au is where to check for that.

Are you registered with AHPRA? If not you will need to do that.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
But why are you applying for a new visa? Did your PR expire? When was it granted the first time? What visa are you planning to apply for?
From past posts, they were on a 457 last time round.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:40 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
From past posts, they were on a 457 last time round.
Oh. Well then, wonder what visa they're applying for this time.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

thank you for responding, the visa is not really the issue here (it will be a skilled ind 176), its the nursing reg. that is the question.

Its the nursing reg. As i have said i am reg with the nursing body in aus, but will this be enough or will i need to go through the hoops and expense of registering? I heard some where some time ago you do, but not had it either confirmed or not.

TA
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for responding, the visa is not really the issue here (it will be a skilled ind 176), its the nursing reg. that is the question.

Its the nursing reg. As i have said i am reg with the nursing body in aus, but will this be enough or will i need to go through the hoops and expense of registering? I heard some where some time ago you do, but not had it either confirmed or not.

TA
If your registration was current when AHPRA came into being then it will have been transferred to them, but depending how long you've been gone it may no longer be current. Check on their website to see if its still current, but I suspect it may have expired unless you have been renewing it from offshore.

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/ and click on Check your Status Online

If its expired you will need to re-register. There are several threads in the nursing forum here about registering before you arrive, so I would post in there as well

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...aysprune=&f=72
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

TA
if you are going for the 176 then you will need a skills assessment undertaken by anmc. for all PR type visa you need this done. you wouldnt have had to if you were on a temp visa in past.

in relation to registration it has all changed to ahpra. like in the uk you have to renew your registration each year. if its been over a year since you last renewed then its highly likely that you will need to re do it. however to confirm this, you should email or phone ahpra to see if your registration was transferred over to them.

i think you will need to go through the system again. registering with ahpra costs around £300 in total first time round and ahpra skills ass is around £450
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

thanks, i am def. reg with them, and too make sure i looked on the web site and there i am!

It seems daft that i hold registration with them and i pay my money every year, but they need approx £1000 of me to assess my skills, although i am on their register.

Anyway it must all to do with standards and nothing to do with money!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, i am def. reg with them, and too make sure i looked on the web site and there i am!

It seems daft that i hold registration with them and i pay my money every year, but they need approx £1000 of me to assess my skills, although i am on their register.

Anyway it must all to do with standards and nothing to do with money!
Check out with them and with DIAC - or ask in the Nursing forum - as to whether you need a full skills assessment. I honestly don't know, but as you are already registered I'm not absolutely certain you need to do the whole assessment, there is some kind of modified assessment but I haven't looked at the details for a while and so I'm not confident my info is up to date.
I know people who have gone from a 457 to a 175 after registering and they got a modified assessment so check out all the current small print