numbering spouse application

Old May 12th 2005, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Jennawren is an unknown quantity at this point
Question numbering spouse application

I am applying for a de facto visa, on Monday (appointment to lodge, hopefully might have interview the same day??!?!)! I think my head is going to explode with stress and questions and wondering if I have even spelled my name right.

Anyways, question: I have read on other posts about people numbering their applications, from bottom to top, but only for the Skilled Visa applications. Do I need to number my de facto application the same way?

Thanks for any advice!
Old May 12th 2005, 10:46 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: numbering spouse application

Originally Posted by Jennawren
I am applying for a de facto visa, on Monday (appointment to lodge, hopefully might have interview the same day??!?!)! I think my head is going to explode with stress and questions and wondering if I have even spelled my name right.

Anyways, question: I have read on other posts about people numbering their applications, from bottom to top, but only for the Skilled Visa applications. Do I need to number my de facto application the same way?

Thanks for any advice!
Hi Jenna,

I think the spouse visa angels Michelle and Pollyanna which bash me up if I'm wrong however to my knowledge there are no checklist/file folioing requirements for spouse visas just yet.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old May 12th 2005, 11:10 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for any advice!
I didnt do this and the whole process was easy as.....I wouldnt stress too much :-) good luck anyway....
Old May 12th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any advice!
We just did a contents sheet for hubby's spouse visa application with numbered items and wrote corresponding numbers on each page so they could find everything easily. (I also enclosed a couple of plastic wallets which are supposed to be a big no-no but I used the cut flush kind and they stopped all the papers sliding about in the envelope).
Old May 12th 2005, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
We just did a contents sheet for hubby's spouse visa application with numbered items and wrote corresponding numbers on each page so they could find everything easily. (I also enclosed a couple of plastic wallets which are supposed to be a big no-no but I used the cut flush kind and they stopped all the papers sliding about in the envelope).
I did total opposite One cover sheet and everything in the same order behind. No staples, no clips, no numbers, no folders nothing.

Please don't stress about it - just imagine you are applying for a skilled visa then remember it is only a spouse - all stress disappears! I don't know but am not convinced they even look at most of the accompanying documentation. I reckon they just look at the form and only look at the rest if they have any queries.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I did total opposite One cover sheet and everything in the same order behind. No staples, no clips, no numbers, no folders nothing.
Yup, me too.
Old May 12th 2005, 10:51 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Jenna,

I think the spouse visa angels Michelle and Pollyanna which bash me up if I'm wrong however to my knowledge there are no checklist/file folioing requirements for spouse visas just yet.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Absolutely - no list, no need to number the pages.

To help I did put mine in numbered sections (eg 1-8, but no individual page numbering) just so they went in line with my table of contents. I have a copy of this if it would help you.

Cheers
Michelle
Old May 13th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

Thanks for any advice!
I put each catergory of evidence in a labelled plastic pocket. I don't think they really care - they'd tell you do's and don'ts otherwise.
Good luck.
Old May 13th 2005, 10:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
I put each catergory of evidence in a labelled plastic pocket. I don't think they really care - they'd tell you do's and don'ts otherwise.
Good luck.
Everything in A4 that will go through a scanner/photocopier in one go is what they want. Staples, pockets, folders etc get in the way. I used one table of contents to explain the relevance of each document and everything was bound with one bull clip.

None of this will fail or severely delay an application.