Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Number of PCC's linked to Processing time ?

Number of PCC's linked to Processing time ?

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

rnpeg will become famous soon enough
Default Number of PCC's linked to Processing time ?

Hi

First time poster. Great site !

Its been 91 days since our CO was assigned. Been monitoring one of the timeline sites and see the average for 175 is about 55 days to visa grant from time CO assigned.

I know all cases are different but was wondering if anybody has an indication if the number of police checks will complicate things. I have 3 and my wife has 4 (3 EU and 1 from China). Do they verify these ?

All doc's submitted and met. Med's and PCC's submitted mid Jan.

Cheers
rnpeg
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:14 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Number of PCC's linked to Processing time ?

No one can tell what they verify and what they don't. If they think they are satisfied with the current amount of verification they will go on.

I don't exactly know how would they confirm/verify the police clearance. May be what they do is look upon you with your passport number and check if you have been flagged by any of the 'agencies' and see if your name appears on anything like exit control list or similar stuff. Once they are satisfied with that..they should grant the visa. No one exactly knows what happens in there except DIAC itself.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

I submitted 2 PCC. Both from HR countries and crossing 3 months with the CO now. I am also guessing that verification of PCC's taking up the time.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:55 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shuvo27
I submitted 2 PCC. Both from HR countries and crossing 3 months with the CO now. I am also guessing that verification of PCC's taking up the time.
Just out of curiosity what is your occupation under which you have applied? Coincidentaly I have also been allocated team 03.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

I think I already answered this question to you in another thread. Computing professiona 2231-79.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:06 pm
Banned

I think I already answered this question to you in another thread. Computing professiona 2231-79.
Oh sorry. Forgot. May you could put in your signature?

Also can you please tell me more about the job telephonic verification? What do they ask and stuff?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Well they did not talk to me. As my admin said, they asked about designation,salary,provident fund,clients,technology I work on and what kind of projects I work with.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:12 pm
Banned

Well they did not talk to me. As my admin said, they asked about designation,salary,provident fund,clients,technology I work on and what kind of projects I work with.
and admin knew all about that? technology and provident fund and salaray etc? I though finance department would know that :/
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

He has access to salary related information and about the technology thing, even I am scared about what he replied. Actually my reference letter was written by my CEO and they should have asked for him, instead they talked with whoever picked up the phone.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response.

I've noticed on the timeline sites, in some of the comments, that there were a lot of PCC's submitted combined with a HR country when the processing time significantly exceeded the average.

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
No one can tell what they verify and what they don't. If they think they are satisfied with the current amount of verification they will go on.

I don't exactly know how would they confirm/verify the police clearance. May be what they do is look upon you with your passport number and check if you have been flagged by any of the 'agencies' and see if your name appears on anything like exit control list or similar stuff. Once they are satisfied with that..they should grant the visa. No one exactly knows what happens in there except DIAC itself.
Agreed.

I assume they must verify more than employment history. Some of the police check doc's would be very easy to forge. They might be waiting for responses from embassies on passport checks.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

In that case I am really screwed here.Cause it took me 3 months go get the pcc from the my local embassy of that HR country and I found that they did not even register my name in some documents. So when I went to recieve the PCC, they denied the fact that I ever applied.If such careless is their approach, will they ever respond to DIAC's request for checkback?
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

double00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rnpeg
Hi

First time poster. Great site !

Its been 91 days since our CO was assigned. Been monitoring one of the timeline sites and see the average for 175 is about 55 days to visa grant from time CO assigned.

I know all cases are different but was wondering if anybody has an indication if the number of police checks will complicate things. I have 3 and my wife has 4 (3 EU and 1 from China). Do they verify these ?

All doc's submitted and met. Med's and PCC's submitted mid Jan.

Cheers
rnpeg

Good luck with the chinese PCC man!! its so much pain in ass...
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

I am not sure about this pcc thing anymore cause I got my visa last week and with my 2 pcc, CO needed only 96 days...so please don't worry too much.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

mahbub1230 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shuvo bhai,

Can you tell me one thing from beginning your CO requested 2 PCC or you submitted pcc without your CO request?
In your documents check list was showing 2 pcc request or not?

Last edited by mahbub1230; Mar 28th 2010 at 6:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.