Now what should I do next ...

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Now what should I do next ...

Hello Everybody,

I am a Pre July 2004 Applicant, Got Medical/PCC/IELTS resquests in May 05,
Submitted all the requested docs (Medical/PCC/IELTS) by Aug 05,
Currently the Status of my application is waiting for: "Internal Checking Procedures" to be completed.

Visas can be granted any moment (almost 18 months passed since applied)

Now my wife is Pregnant, so what is the best option for me:

1. Should I wait and include my child on the current application.

-or-

2. Should I apply for a child visa after the baby is born (considering our Visas will be granted before the baby is born).

Also should I inform DIMIA about the change of circumstances.

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 6:33 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Now what should I do next ...

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello Everybody,

Currently the Status of my application is waiting for: "Internal Checking Procedures" to be completed.

-or-

2. Should I apply for a child visa after the baby is born (considering our Visas will be granted before the baby is born).

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,
If it were me I would contact DIMIA, tell them your wife is pregant, and seeing as you have already been waiting so long is there any chance of you having you visa soon so that you can move to Oz before the baby is born and delays things any further.

Blinking Nora, you've been waiting long enough, you shouldn't have to have anything else to delay it.

Best of luck with the visa and congratulations on the pregnancy.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now what should I do next ...

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello Everybody,

-or-

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,
You need to work through a few scenarios and then take the appropriate action:

e.g.

1) if you got your visas at the end of January and visa states you must arrive by say July 2006, will you be migrating to Australia before baby is born and would you remain in Australia for the birth ?

2) If you want baby to be born in your home country, have you got time to sort medical for baby and add to your application before the July travel date and then you all validate before the initial entry date ?

3) If you do not want to travel to Australia before the birth and say baby is not due until June/July, you all need to do new medical clearances at the same time that baby does, and also renew police clearances.

First scenario does not need any notification to ASPC. 2nd and 3rd Scenarios need immediate notification to ASPC asking them not to grant your visas until after the birth of your child.

So you need to work through the possibilities of when you get your visas and what would be your plan in each case.

Regards

Tony