Now into our 15th month of waiting!!!

Old Feb 28th 2002, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Now into our 15th month of waiting!!!

Hi all,
Just to let everyone share our woe!
We're now into our 15th month of waiting for our PR visa.
Our agent has now confirmed that the wait is 20 months and that the HC in london may require us to redo our medicals! This is after they front loaded our medicals in April of last year as THEY requested!. As they are now unsure about extending the life of the med's, we are looking at spending another £140 for more medicals. How unfair is that then??
The news just gets better and better!
Congrats on Davewithane on his visa but I am not ashamed at admitting that I'm a tad jealous.
Positive vibes everyone
Britbird
Old Feb 28th 2002, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

stuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Now into our 15th month of waiting!!!

Bummer about the medical's, we went through an agent based in Edinburgh v. good service... Make sure you get the agent to pay for the next medicals if they asked you to go in the first place..
Old Mar 1st 2002, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point

I find myself in a similar situation, but: I applied in Belgrade and I have no agent. I phoned to Australian Consulate in Bucharest and some secretary told me that I am not the first one to redo the medicals and police checks, and even more, that this situation is common for those who apply in Belgrade. However, I made some research and I found out that those who had an immigration agent had a much more efficient processing. From what I see, either your agent is incompetent or bad habits are spreading from Balcans toward west.
Old Mar 1st 2002, 11:05 pm
Skipp

Hi britbird

totally agree with you about the medicals...its out of order!!...they insisted on
sending the medicals up front.

Ive been waiting for 10 months (non-IT, asume u r too?) now...(another 10 to
go!...unless it increases again)

sigh!!!

Simon

"britbird" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, Just to let everyone share our woe! We're now into our 15th month of
    > waiting for our PR visa. Our agent has now confirmed that the wait is 20 months and
    > that the HC in london may require us to redo our medicals! This is after they front
    > loaded our medicals in April of last year as THEY requested!. As they are now
    > unsure about extending the life of the med's, we are looking at spending another
    > £140 for more medicals. How unfair is that then?? The news just gets better and
    > better! Congrats on Davewithane on his visa but I am not ashamed at admitting that
    > I'm a tad jealous. Positive vibes everyone Britbird
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 2nd 2002, 3:35 pm
Ahmet Metin

Hi Simon; I am an IT applicant and waiting since 10 months. And it seems that I have
to wait until July 2002 at least. In some Offices(like Ankara) it seems there is no
difference between IT and non-IT. Frusturation. Regards

"skipp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi britbird
    >
    > totally agree with you about the medicals...its out of order!!...they insisted on
    > sending the medicals up front.
    >
    > Ive been waiting for 10 months (non-IT, asume u r too?) now...(another 10 to
    > go!...unless it increases again)
    >
    > sigh!!!
    >
    > Simon
    >
    > "britbird" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi all, Just to let everyone share our woe! We're now into our 15th month of
    > > waiting for our PR visa. Our agent has now confirmed that the wait is 20 months
    > > and that the HC in london may require us to redo our medicals! This is after they
    > > front loaded our medicals in April of last year as THEY requested!. As they are
    > > now unsure about extending the life of the med's, we are looking at spending
    > > another £140 for more medicals. How unfair is that then?? The news just gets
    > > better and better! Congrats on Davewithane on his visa but I am not ashamed at
    > > admitting that I'm a tad jealous. Positive vibes everyone Britbird
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 7th 2002, 3:05 pm
Derik Houghton

hi all we are in are 16th month now. I was talking to my agent yesterday and they
said that London have extended the medicals for a further 12 months making them valid
for 2 years so hopefully we mite get away with it Kath "britbird"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, Just to let everyone share our woe! We're now into our 15th month of
    > waiting for our PR visa. Our agent has now confirmed that the wait is 20 months and
    > that the HC in london may require us to redo our medicals! This is after they front
    > loaded our medicals in April of last year as THEY requested!. As they are now
    > unsure about extending the life of the med's, we are looking at spending another
    > £140 for more medicals. How unfair is that then?? The news just gets better and
    > better! Congrats on Davewithane on his visa but I am not ashamed at admitting that
    > I'm a tad jealous. Positive vibes everyone Britbird
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 7th 2002, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I. Agree with you 100% I also went through an agent , luckily he advised not to submit Medicals until we heard officially. If they requested them then surely they must take in to consideration the length of time this is taking. The AHC Website average waiting time was 12month up until about september last year . then went up to 15 month , now 20???
Old Mar 7th 2002, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kath
Our agent has said that AHC has given the medicals 6 months on top of the first 6 months, making 12 month extention, but this will only take us to Sept/Oct time. Is that enough time to get everything arranged and make first entry? Think that it might be pushing it a wee bit :-)
Britbird
Old Mar 8th 2002, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point

I quotte from the Australian Embassy from Belgrade web page (www.australia.org.yu):

" The current average processing time this type of application (note: skilled independent) is between 5 and 8 months. "

Last updated January 2002

I was told that my pplication will be finished in October 2002 (20 months processing time).
Old Mar 8th 2002, 9:53 am
ndaltonb

Hi Britbird,

Quick question. Is it 15 months from visa application or 15 months from deciding to emigrate and getting the forms?

We decided to emigrate on 2/1/2001 but VetAssess took 5 months so the application only went in on June 1st. Personally, I'm counting from 2/1/2001.

ndaltonb

Old Mar 8th 2002, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been waiting 15month from Visa Application DEC 2000
Old Mar 8th 2002, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

ndaltonb
Our application was lodged on the 15th of December 2000, and therefore the wait is counted from the date of our application which is the date that the AHC received our application. We actually decided to start the emigration process in July 2000.!
Britbird