Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

NOW I'm confused.. Seniors of the Forum, Please advice

NOW I'm confused.. Seniors of the Forum, Please advice

Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

volvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nice
Default NOW I'm confused.. Seniors of the Forum, Please advice

I'm a social worker from India with 3 years 6 months experience with an AASW positive skill assessment done on april. As per the calculator in DIAC website, I've got 125 points overall.

I've applied for Skilled Indipendant 175 by myself on 30th July, online.

Now I've started applying for jobs as I came to know that the State of Victoria has got many vacancies for Social Workers.

What if I get through, will I be getting an option to faster up my 175 visa since it will be goverment job?

Or will I have to reapply for a new visa?

Will this 175 visa application stand against if there is a provision for my employer (when i get job) to sponser my visa?

Please Help...

Any social workers out there?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOW I'm confused.. Seniors of the Forum, Please advice

Originally Posted by volvox
I'm a social worker from India with 3 years 6 months experience with an AASW positive skill assessment done on april. As per the calculator in DIAC website, I've got 125 points overall.

I've applied for Skilled Indipendant 175 by myself on 30th July, online.

Now I've started applying for jobs as I came to know that the State of Victoria has got many vacancies for Social Workers.

What if I get through, will I be getting an option to faster up my 175 visa since it will be goverment job?
No
Or will I have to reapply for a new visa?
No
Will this 175 visa application stand against if there is a provision for my employer (when i get job) to sponser my visa?

Please Help...

Any social workers out there?
If you decide to change to a sponsored visa you will probably need to do a new application.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 5th 2008 at 1:33 am.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

volvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nice

Dear pollyana, thank you very much for the prompt response. Can i ask you little more clarification regarding the answers I'm little confused between "Reapplying for new visa" and "doing a new application"..

basically, whats the difference??? Does it mean, I've to cancel my 175 visa by communicating to DIAC or Do I have to request them to change my type of visa?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dear pollyana, thank you very much for the prompt response. Can i ask you little more clarification regarding the answers I'm little confused between "Reapplying for new visa" and "doing a new application"..

basically, whats the difference??? Does it mean, I've to cancel my 175 visa by communicating to DIAC or Do I have to request them to change my type of visa?
"Reapply" generally means to apply again for the same thing.

If you change to a sponsorship visa then you would be going for a new visa type, so would need to start again. It would probably be worth getting professional advice as to whether this would be a good way to go, or whether continuing with the existing application would be better for you - there are several different types of sponsored visas and some might suit your circumstances betetr than others would.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Pollyana, thank you for that info...
That means if i gt a goodnews that i've got job, its time for me to worry bout the type of visa and worry...