British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   November 2007 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/november-2007-applicants-491197/)

BethandAndrew Nov 11th 2007 5:47 pm

Re: November 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch (Post 5541039)
I am so excited and frankly quite terrified. Our agent says the DIAC will be recieving our application on Monday (12th). Finally, we can join a timeline list thingy! We are applying for a 176 Skilled sponsored visa. We're sponsored by by husband's family, not a company.
How long will it be, do you think, before we get some sort of acknowledgement?

We are Alex (me!) a teacher, Neil (a composer/music producer), Lily (aged 10) and Charlie (aged 8). We're aiming for WA.
So glad to be on this thread at last! :)

Alex

Welcome to the November thread.......big relief for you at last eh?....LOL
Hold on tight for all of the ups and downs you have ahead........but good luck with your application....keep us updated :thumbsup:
Beth x x :wub:

OZ2GO Nov 11th 2007 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch (Post 5541039)
I am so excited and frankly quite terrified. Our agent says the DIAC will be recieving our application on Monday (12th). Finally, we can join a timeline list thingy! We are applying for a 176 Skilled sponsored visa. We're sponsored by by husband's family, not a company.
How long will it be, do you think, before we get some sort of acknowledgement?

We are Alex (me!) a teacher, Neil (a composer/music producer), Lily (aged 10) and Charlie (aged 8). We're aiming for WA.
So glad to be on this thread at last! :)

Alex

Hi there Alex

Good to feel things are moving isn't it? Are you submitting an on-line application or paper based? We applied on-line on 3rd November and received full acknowledgement today. Everybody on here has been really friendly and always willing to help with any queries. Lots of luck. We are all in this together.

Sue:)

Daydreamer123 Nov 12th 2007 10:16 am

Our agent lodged our application online on the 5th November, so we will be joining the November group:)
Its quite scary now that we are actually getting there, we've been thinking about it for so long.
We can't imagine what it will be like when we actually get it. I have now started to worry that we dont have enough money, and told my hubby we shouldnt do Christmas pressies this year to save money. Needless to say he didnt think much of the idea:rofl:

BethandAndrew Nov 12th 2007 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123 (Post 5544433)
Our agent lodged our application online on the 5th November, so we will be joining the November group:)
Its quite scary now that we are actually getting there, we've been thinking about it for so long.
We can't imagine what it will be like when we actually get it. I have now started to worry that we dont have enough money, and told my hubby we shouldnt do Christmas pressies this year to save money. Needless to say he didnt think much of the idea:rofl:

Welcome to the November thread :D Any questions just fire away, someone will answer you on here....or the Sept/Oct threads. Xmas is going to be a very quiet one for us........but hopefully we will have a fab one next year to make up for it :thumbsup:
Let us know how you get on with your application,

Bag End Bunch Nov 12th 2007 4:28 pm

Hi guys!

Our agent has submitted our application online. She said it should be with them today. I noticed on the Sept app thread that some people got their application acknowledged the next day! Is this normal? Sounds like more people have to wait a week or so - would that be about right?

It's nice to have others to talk to about the whole thing. You could get really obssessed! :)

Alex

Sammy T Nov 12th 2007 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch (Post 5545734)
Hi guys!

Our agent has submitted our application online. She said it should be with them today. I noticed on the Sept app thread that some people got their application acknowledged the next day! Is this normal? Sounds like more people have to wait a week or so - would that be about right?

It's nice to have others to talk to about the whole thing. You could get really obssessed! :)

Alex

Hi there

With the online system you should get full acknowledgement very soon, a couple of days usually. We didn't get ours for 4 weeks but thats because they couldn't trace our application in the system and I think they have had some computer glitch since 31/10 so not sure whether that will affect things.
Good luck and hang on tightly for the ride!

Sam

ken777 Nov 12th 2007 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sammy T (Post 5545761)
Hi there

With the online system you should get full acknowledgement very soon, a couple of days usually. We didn't get ours for 4 weeks but thats because they couldn't trace our application in the system and I think they have had some computer glitch since 31/10 so not sure whether that will affect things.
Good luck and hang on tightly for the ride!

Sam

Interesting, i have sent the application on Sep 28th (online) but have not received an acknowledgement, all i have got is a TRN number?
should i be contacting them for a acknowledgement.

Thanks
Ken

Sammy T Nov 12th 2007 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ken777 (Post 5546049)
Interesting, i have sent the application on Sep 28th (online) but have not received an acknowledgement, all i have got is a TRN number?
should i be contacting them for a acknowledgement.

Thanks
Ken

Hi Ken

Have noticed a couple of people on here who never got an acknowledgement as such but still went on to get a CO. So not sure it is essential. Can you log on to check online that your TRN works etc, because we couldn't until they sorted it out.
Good luck with trying to contact them, we have spent a fortune on the phone bill!

Sam

ken777 Nov 12th 2007 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Sammy T (Post 5546627)
Hi Ken

Have noticed a couple of people on here who never got an acknowledgement as such but still went on to get a CO. So not sure it is essential. Can you log on to check online that your TRN works etc, because we couldn't until they sorted it out.
Good luck with trying to contact them, we have spent a fortune on the phone bill!

Sam

Thanks Sam.
I can login and check. Application says "Processing Commenced" and all docs are still required even though i have uploaded them. I think i will wait till tomorrows updates come out and then give them a call.

Ken

scrum Nov 12th 2007 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by ken777 (Post 5546684)
Thanks Sam.
I can login and check. Application says "Processing Commenced" and all docs are still required even though i have uploaded them. I think i will wait till tomorrows updates come out and then give them a call.

Ken

Don't fret about it. We did an online app through our agent and we considered our TRN as our pre acknowledgement / acknowledgement.

The following day we got our CO who requested meds etc. So really we didn't get an acknowledgement as such.

If it says processing commenced and it still says all docs are required even though they have been uploaded then chill out - ours was still saying that last friday when our meds changed to finalised.

As far as I know they will stay as required until your CO manually changes them to met.

Trish

ken777 Nov 12th 2007 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by scrum (Post 5547333)
Don't fret about it. We did an online app through our agent and we considered our TRN as our pre acknowledgement / acknowledgement.

The following day we got our CO who requested meds etc. So really we didn't get an acknowledgement as such.

If it says processing commenced and it still says all docs are required even though they have been uploaded then chill out - ours was still saying that last friday when our meds changed to finalised.

As far as I know they will stay as required until your CO manually changes them to met.

Trish

Thanks Trish.
I did end up calling them (exactly at 9 AM their time); wait time was like 5 mins. They did let me know that acknowledgements are automated via their system and could not let me know why I had not received mine. Though they did tell me that I was in the system and was the application was waiting for a CO to be allocated.
On a seperate note, I am in IT too, I had read somewhere that you had a job offer, so if you dont mind my asking, how did you go about finding a job from oversees.

Thanks,
Ken

Simpleton Nov 12th 2007 11:33 pm

Welll, I'm officially joining in with the November thread! Actually sent the forms etc to our agent at the end of October, but of course with postage time and processing, they submitted to the big bosses on the 8th November.

I have the next batch of forms printed out (Police Clearances and Medicals), and have booked the medicals for December.
Looks like it will be early January before the results would reach Oz, hope they don't get bored of waiting?

After that it's just all fingers and toes crossed that we're good enough for Oz :)

scrum Nov 13th 2007 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Simpleton (Post 5547560)
Welll, I'm officially joining in with the November thread! Actually sent the forms etc to our agent at the end of October, but of course with postage time and processing, they submitted to the big bosses on the 8th November.

I have the next batch of forms printed out (Police Clearances and Medicals), and have booked the medicals for December.
Looks like it will be early January before the results would reach Oz, hope they don't get bored of waiting?

After that it's just all fingers and toes crossed that we're good enough for Oz :)

Congratulations and welcome to the waiting room. LOL

Hope you hear something soon.

Trish

scrum Nov 13th 2007 3:45 am

Originally Posted by ken777 (Post 5547353)
Thanks Trish.
I did end up calling them (exactly at 9 AM their time); wait time was like 5 mins. They did let me know that acknowledgements are automated via their system and could not let me know why I had not received mine. Though they did tell me that I was in the system and was the application was waiting for a CO to be allocated.
On a seperate note, I am in IT too, I had read somewhere that you had a job offer, so if you dont mind my asking, how did you go about finding a job from oversees.

Thanks,
Ken

Ken

We were lucky. Someone (called Merv) posted on here that the company je worked for had vacancies for IT professsionals and were carrying out interviews in London in Aug/Sept this year. I sent off O/H CV and it went from there.

If you have a look at the thread called "Job Offers" then anyone who knows about BE and knows of vacancies will post in there.

We could have gone for a 457 temp visa with the company but by the time Mark physically got the job offer we had already submitted our 176 application.

Best of luck.

Trish

OZ2GO Nov 13th 2007 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Simpleton (Post 5547560)

Hello and welcome. You will be glad that your application has finally been submitted. Hope the medicals go ok in December. If you need any info/help just give us a shout. Best of luck.::thumbsup:

Sue

Bag End Bunch Nov 13th 2007 4:21 pm

Hi all

Our application was acknowledged today! Hooray! We've got to book our meds and police checks so that'll be the next thing.

Is our TRN on the reply attachment they sent to us or is it a separate thing they send out? I read it this morning and I can't see the words Tracking Reference Number. Is it the File Reference? Maybe it's best I don't know it. I can imagine me checking it constantly and forgetting to actually live a life for the next few months!

Alex

halfwaythere Nov 13th 2007 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch (Post 5549966)
Hi all

Our application was acknowledged today! Hooray! We've got to book our meds and police checks so that'll be the next thing.

Is our TRN on the reply attachment they sent to us or is it a separate thing they send out? I read it this morning and I can't see the words Tracking Reference Number. Is it the File Reference? Maybe it's best I don't know it. I can imagine me checking it constantly and forgetting to actually live a life for the next few months!

Alex

why?....we all have

MRG175 Nov 13th 2007 7:25 pm

Hi all
Application acknowledged this morning and given TRN :thumbsup:

Keep telling my self not to check it every day, not to check it every day.
Just put the page on my favorites just in case i need to have a wee look :curse:
How addictive is this!
Lee

iwilldoit Nov 13th 2007 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by MRG175 (Post 5550628)
Hi all
Application acknowledged this morning and given TRN :thumbsup:

Keep telling my self not to check it every day, not to check it every day.
Just put the page on my favorites just in case i need to have a wee look :curse:
How addictive is this!
Lee

Hi Lee
Congratulations on your TRN number.........i myself check 30 to 40 times a day.see what this does to you.....im going mad....:)

Tweenies Nov 19th 2007 12:38 am

Yeah we finally submitted our 175 visa online today :thumbsup:.......so the waiting begins :thumbdown:

BethandAndrew Nov 19th 2007 9:52 am

Congratulations on submitting your application :thumbsup: Good luck with the rest of the process :D

Tweenies Nov 19th 2007 9:02 pm

Thank you beth, I have everything crossed for you to get your visa this week...good luck :)

ebyron Nov 20th 2007 5:22 pm

Hello!!!

Hooray I get to join this thread too!! We've been waiting for ACS to send back their assessment, it arrived last week and from then on it was all systems go! I thought the wait for that was bad enough!!

Applied online 18/11. Handed in police check forms to the Police Station and have got meds booked for the beginning of December. Visa 175. Aiming for Sydney as we hope my husband will have a better chance of finding a job.

Now we've got to start looking at areas to aim for - with two young children i need to make sure there is a good pre school in the area.

So, I guess the next stage I'm waiting / looking for when i log on is Case Officer allocated?

Good luck to everyone!!!:thumbsup:

OZ2GO Nov 20th 2007 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by ebyron (Post 5579272)
Hello!!!

Hooray I get to join this thread too!! We've been waiting for ACS to send back their assessment, it arrived last week and from then on it was all systems go! I thought the wait for that was bad enough!!

Applied online 18/11. Handed in police check forms to the Police Station and have got meds booked for the beginning of December. Visa 175. Aiming for Sydney as we hope my husband will have a better chance of finding a job.

Now we've got to start looking at areas to aim for - with two young children i need to make sure there is a good pre school in the area.

So, I guess the next stage I'm waiting / looking for when i log on is Case Officer allocated?

Good luck to everyone!!!:thumbsup:

HI there and welcome,

You should get your full acknowledgment very soon and remember to join the timeline. We were in Sydney last year, lovely place. Nice to have the support of each other in the waiting room. :thumbup:

Sue

ebyron Nov 20th 2007 5:55 pm

I joined the time line today. :)
The full acknowledgment - is that the email with the TRN number? We rec'd an email that was an 'automatic notification of application'.

Simpleton Nov 22nd 2007 10:23 pm

I'm still trying to get my head around all these terms! Our application has been acknowledged as being recieved, and then 'further processing' two days later, along with a list of required documents (Meds, Police checks, xrays, blood tests etc).
Handed the police checks in at the station today, and just awaiting our medicals in December - that's the most nerve-wracking part of it I think.

Now it's just 'the waiting game' sigghhhhh.

leocrespo Nov 23rd 2007 3:41 am

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone! :lol:

Just lodged my 175 application on Monday and on Tuesday got the acknowledgment. I'm applying from Brazil and I've been reading this forum for months, it has helped a lot! :thumbsup:

I've summited some documents but not all, still waiting for sworn translations to be completed. PCC are already done and Medicals will be tomorrow.

Questions:

1) Do I have to attach anything regarding the Medicals (forms 26EH and 160EH) at DIMA's website? The doctor here in Brazil is not yet familiar with online applications and he's not sure also.

2) Doctor wants to send the Meds to Sydney, even though I got an e-mail from Adelaide's Centre. Is he doing the right thing? He told me every Med should be sent to Sydney...

I've added myself to November's list, hope to get it until Feb. I'm and IT professional heading to Sydney.

Cheers to everyone. :thumbup:

Leonardo.

naveenbabuk Nov 23rd 2007 5:08 am

Re: Hi Everyone

Originally Posted by leocrespo (Post 5590319)
Hi everyone! :lol:

Just lodged my 175 application on Monday and on Tuesday got the acknowledgment. I'm applying from Brazil and I've been reading this forum for months, it has helped a lot! :thumbsup:

I've summited some documents but not all, still waiting for sworn translations to be completed. PCC are already done and Medicals will be tomorrow.

Questions:

1) Do I have to attach anything regarding the Medicals (forms 26EH and 160EH) at DIMA's website? The doctor here in Brazil is not yet familiar with online applications and he's not sure also.

2) Doctor wants to send the Meds to Sydney, even though I got an e-mail from Adelaide's Centre. Is he doing the right thing? He told me every Med should be sent to Sydney...

I've added myself to November's list, hope to get it until Feb. I'm and IT professional heading to Sydney.

Cheers to everyone. :thumbup:

Leonardo.

Yes, u r doctor is right. All offshore applicants medicals should be sent to LCU, Sydney. You can attach the medicals receipt online to let u know u r CO that u have done u r medicals.

Good luck with u r PR.

Cheers
Naveen

soulrebel Nov 23rd 2007 2:24 pm

I guess I should join this thread too, we applied last sat/sunday.

There was actually a problem with the server at immi and they said that saved applications might be lost over the weekend. I nearly died when I saw that message but thankfully we were fine.

I have medicals booked for next week tuesady morning for myself, the wife and the little one.

Police checks have been applied for in holland and should have them by end of next week they said.
There was a bit of a situation with the Irish police in the first station I went to (they are not very organised or clued in over here!!) but I went to a different station and they couldn't have been more helpful and I said it was urgent and they got on the case straightaway and sent it that morning in the internal post to the district office and said I will have it tuesday at the latest.

I have uploaded all my documents to our application but when I check the progress, it says that they are still required.
Is this normal and does it take a few days for someone to check that they are there and to take away this message??:confused:

We are hoping to have visa by March/April and be there by May at the latest. Is this being too optimistic???

Good luck to all.:thumbsup:

ebyron Nov 23rd 2007 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by soulrebel (Post 5592111)
I guess I should join this thread too, we applied last sat/sunday.

There was actually a problem with the server at immi and they said that saved applications might be lost over the weekend. I nearly died when I saw that message but thankfully we were fine.

I have medicals booked for next week tuesady morning for myself, the wife and the little one.

Police checks have been applied for in holland and should have them by end of next week they said.
There was a bit of a situation with the Irish police in the first station I went to (they are not very organised or clued in over here!!) but I went to a different station and they couldn't have been more helpful and I said it was urgent and they got on the case straightaway and sent it that morning in the internal post to the district office and said I will have it tuesday at the latest.

I have uploaded all my documents to our application but when I check the progress, it says that they are still required.
Is this normal and does it take a few days for someone to check that they are there and to take away this message??:confused:

We are hoping to have visa by March/April and be there by May at the latest. Is this being too optimistic???

Good luck to all.:thumbsup:

Have you applied for 175 too?

Best of luck!!

WE applied on the same weekend. Think our police checks are going to take a bit longer!

soulrebel Nov 23rd 2007 3:10 pm

Yep 175 aswell, sorry should have said that.
Good luck to you too. I see you are headed to Sydney! We are moving to Melbourne.
I actually saw your name on the timeline page on freespaces next to mine.:thumbsup:
Am I being too optimistic about March/April for visa grant?

MRG175 Nov 23rd 2007 3:17 pm

Hi all

Welcome all new Novemberees, and good luck.

Well last part of the application for us, got Meds tomorrow:thumbsup: At 9am in Edinburgh so have to leave at 7.30am:thumbdown:. Got ma dads 60th tonight so no piss up for us, have to stick to the council juice:curse:

Could anyone tell me of the address you send your meds too?. I am sending them by courier

Lee

ebyron Nov 23rd 2007 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by soulrebel (Post 5592220)
Yep 175 aswell, sorry should have said that.
Good luck to you too. I see you are headed to Sydney! We are moving to Melbourne.
I actually saw your name on the timeline page on freespaces next to mine.:thumbsup:
Am I being too optimistic about March/April for visa grant?

Could be optimistic judging by what i have read on here. Seems to be a bit of a lottery! Seems to be taking a while for some MEds to be 'finalised' over there at the moment.

PS can you give me the link to the timeline page as i have lost it!!

soulrebel Nov 23rd 2007 3:38 pm

There you are
http://www.freespaces.com/britishexpats/Nov07.html

soulrebel Nov 23rd 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by MRG175 (Post 5592243)
Hi all

Welcome all new Novemberees, and good luck.

Well last part of the application for us, got Meds tomorrow:thumbsup: At 9am in Edinburgh so have to leave at 7.30am:thumbdown:. Got ma dads 60th tonight so no piss up for us, have to stick to the council juice:curse:

Could anyone tell me of the address you send your meds too?. I am sending them by courier

Lee

I think the doctor will have the address and part of his fee will include the postage to the LCU but if you want to courier it to get there quicker just ask him because the courier will have to pick it up from him anyway.

MRG175 Nov 23rd 2007 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by soulrebel (Post 5592296)
I think the doctor will have the address and part of his fee will include the postage to the LCU but if you want to courier it to get there quicker just ask him because the courier will have to pick it up from him anyway.

Thanks soulrebel

Just that I've read that people orginise the courier them selfs for pick up, but i will just wait and see tomorrow

:thumbup:

soulrebel Nov 23rd 2007 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by MRG175 (Post 5592377)
Thanks soulrebel

Just that I've read that people orginise the courier them selfs for pick up, but i will just wait and see tomorrow

:thumbup:

Yeah we might do that rather than rely on the postal service, just ask the doc for the address, I think it might be on the form that you have to bring along to him.

MRG175 Nov 23rd 2007 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by soulrebel (Post 5592466)
Yeah we might do that rather than rely on the posal service, just ask the doc for the address, I think it might be on the form that you have to bring along to him.

Yep everything we have sent has been with courier ,don't trust Royal mail and with the time of year, god knows how long it would take , if even get there

Simpleton Nov 23rd 2007 6:20 pm

Our Doctors quoted for royal mail delivery, we've sent all our documents over by royal mail so far, and they get there in about 3-4 days. I don't know whether to take any chances on this one though, or even whether our Doctor will agree to use courier?
Apparently the Doctors have to send the medicals as everything is returned to them and we don't get access to the results at that stage.
Ours are booked for December 17th so I imagine by the time the results get back and everything is ready to send off, the big christmas rush will be over by then!

ebyron Nov 24th 2007 9:09 am

has everyone had their full acknowledgment yet? We haven't. Money has been taken, and we've rec'd automatic email with TRN number ... but nothing else....:unsure: