View Poll Results: When people are looking to move?
Before June 2007
18.18%
June - September 2007
24.24%
September - December 2007
30.30%
27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

November 2006 application

Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:14 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice
Default Re: November 2006 application

What has happened to Crafty, the original member. I know he had some problems and had to resubmit everything, but he seems to have disappeared.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Big Welcome JimJam and Celtic Roses,

We thought we were running a bit light on November applicants. The more the merrier!

Celtic Roses - my dad's family live in Cavan (nr Belturbet) - that not to far up the road from you,is it?

To you all, the very best of luck. Gives us some background info - where, when, how etc and we can all get to know each other.

Speak soon

Carol
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

JIMJAM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks dondotone for your kind welcome and words of advice. Used the link you suggsted and feel optimisitic, if slightly bemused, by what I saw.

It seems that people have received a CO before others who applied, for the same visa, some time prior to them. Go figure.

Checked out panel doctors for frontloading meds and as fortune would have it our local GP, 5 minutes away, seems to be on the list. Result. Didn't fancy a trip to London to weighed and measured.

Does anyone know if a full CRB check/certificate constitutes police clearance checks, or is it something entirely different?

Bytheway, I'm a 34 yo primary school teacher, wife Heather is a full-time mum/occassional dance teacher and we have a 3 yo girl, Ce Ce. (notice I didn't give wife's age!) Heading to Sydney after changing from Perth to Brisbane. Mainly going for lifestyle change and life experience, plus I have the chance to get visa now. Will be overthehill next year at 35 and wont get 120 points. Not planning on buying property over there which makes Sydney affordable. Will stay on UK market unless we decide Oz is a permanent stay, but looking at a 5 year stay to begin with, or at least until we are eligible for citizenship which obviously opens doors for the future.

thanks again and will be in touch!!

JimJam
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

dondotone will become famous soon enoughdondotone will become famous soon enough

JimJam,

I'm unsure about the CRB check myself. I dunno if it's the same or not. I am in the same position as you though i'm a nursery manager so could get a renewed CRB check free with no prob. I have the DIMA required police check form from the local constabulary and it is totally differant from the CRB application forms we use at work. You have to contact you local police for the form to apply for the police certificate. Best to use the advised way than to try shortcut it I think.

Had a quick look online and the form you need is on the Bournemouth, Dorset police site its called a subject access form follow this link
http://www.dorset.police.uk/infocent...ection/SA1.pdf

Iceman,

looks link we have a mystery on our hands!!

*****LOST****

ONE CRAFTY

LAST SEEN JAN 26TH AT 9.18AM
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:56 pm
Marie

Celtic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hi Cartel

Yes Cavan only 30 miles approx from us here. We lived in London for 10 yrs so know London Colney but we lived in Nth. London (Finchley). We are hoping when/if we get Visa to go to Gold Coast. Never been going blind but plenty research on t.v. and magazines. Scared but excited also, am sure you will know that feeling. What stage you at in your appl and where you headed. We have 3 kids 12, 9 and 4 so they are a big worry but reading other threads especially updates show kids get on better and quicker than the adults sometimes.

Talk soon.

Marie
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celtic Roses
Hi Cartel

Yes Cavan only 30 miles approx from us here. We lived in London for 10 yrs so know London Colney but we lived in Nth. London (Finchley). We are hoping when/if we get Visa to go to Gold Coast. Never been going blind but plenty research on t.v. and magazines. Scared but excited also, am sure you will know that feeling. What stage you at in your appl and where you headed. We have 3 kids 12, 9 and 4 so they are a big worry but reading other threads especially updates show kids get on better and quicker than the adults sometimes.

Talk soon.

Marie

You are starting to scare me.

I am born and brought up in North Finchley. Went to St Michaels in Nether St,and lived in Woodside Avenue N12.

Am 40 years old (Iknow I don't look a day over 39!!!) and know lots of locals. Let's speak more.

I know many people and many pubs down there!!!

Carol

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:13 pm
Marie

Celtic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hi Carol

Very scary because I am going to be 40 yrs old this year, likewise don't look a day over 35 but seem to have lived on a similar planet. Perhaps the adventerous in life follow each other around (that or the saddos). Great to talk to you and will update you as we go along - perhaps we can meet up on the other side!.

Good night - Marie
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crafty,

Please tell us you are not on holiday again! Keep in contact please.

We failed our 1st TRA and I left all contact with all forums I had joined - I felt so deflated. I'd previously planned the suburb, house, school we would be in. I was gutted! It did take the TRA pass for me to start joining in again.

You have passed that and gone beyond. You're our founder, you are allowed no more holiday's. We are with you all the way - please stay in toush - by the way - I have still not been coloured in!!!

Come on Cheeky chappy, come back to us....

Carol
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JIMJAM
Thanks dondotone for your kind welcome and words of advice. Used the link you suggsted and feel optimisitic, if slightly bemused, by what I saw.

It seems that people have received a CO before others who applied, for the same visa, some time prior to them. Go figure.

Checked out panel doctors for frontloading meds and as fortune would have it our local GP, 5 minutes away, seems to be on the list. Result. Didn't fancy a trip to London to weighed and measured.

Does anyone know if a full CRB check/certificate constitutes police clearance checks, or is it something entirely different?

Bytheway, I'm a 34 yo primary school teacher, wife Heather is a full-time mum/occassional dance teacher and we have a 3 yo girl, Ce Ce. (notice I didn't give wife's age!) Heading to Sydney after changing from Perth to Brisbane. Mainly going for lifestyle change and life experience, plus I have the chance to get visa now. Will be overthehill next year at 35 and wont get 120 points. Not planning on buying property over there which makes Sydney affordable. Will stay on UK market unless we decide Oz is a permanent stay, but looking at a 5 year stay to begin with, or at least until we are eligible for citizenship which obviously opens doors for the future.

thanks again and will be in touch!!

JimJam
Hi

Just a quickie response on CRB question. CRB is no use for this malarky. A Police check is needed instead (I know, I also have an enhanced CRB, more detailed than PC but hey ho!)

Welcome to our gang, by the way!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

JIMJAM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Hi

Just a quickie response on CRB question. CRB is no use for this malarky. A Police check is needed instead (I know, I also have an enhanced CRB, more detailed than PC but hey ho!)

Welcome to our gang, by the way!
Thanks again for link dondotone - how helpful and efficient are you!
Muchos gracias also to iwannabethere for clarifying CRB query.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

cratfy is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

Right I am back in the loop. Got all the budgets done at work, so I will have some more time to look after the thread now, I have DHL'ed my application back off this morning. So will be a few months behind you guys, but will keep maintaining this thread.

Will have a new list up by the morning.

Thanks for all your support.

Alex
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Hey! You're back!!!! Phew, we thought we'd lost you!

Ain't it nice to be missed!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

dondotone will become famous soon enoughdondotone will become famous soon enough

Thankgod Crafty ,

We were gonna call the Scooby Gang in!!!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

The Sheps is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: November 2006 applicant.

Hiya, My other half is a diesel fitter too! looking to go to Rockingham, not far from Perth, where are you going?. Has he had an offer for a job yet, what type of wages has he been looking at? We have seen in the region of $1200 a week? We have four kids, must be mad eh! Hope to hear some info from you

Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cratfy
Hello All,

Right I am back in the loop. Got all the budgets done at work, so I will have some more time to look after the thread now, I have DHL'ed my application back off this morning. So will be a few months behind you guys, but will keep maintaining this thread.

Will have a new list up by the morning.

Thanks for all your support.

Alex
Hi Mr Crafty!

Nice to have you back!! Thought we'd done something to offend you.

You never know, they may slot you back in your rightful place, but wherever - we are all in this together and look after each other.

Speak soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.