View Poll Results: When people are looking to move?
Before June 2007
18.18%
June - September 2007
24.24%
September - December 2007
30.30%
27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

November 2006 application

Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:03 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: November 2006 application

I havent posted for a long time now, we are in Hong Kong at the moment, my partner has just got her visa granted (sponcered) i will be flying to Perth on Friday to sit the electrician exam on monday then back to HK again on friday, spend Xmas here and then at last i go to Perth on the 3rd Jan for good yipeeeeeeeeee. we have bought a house there in Joondalup and we hope to be finaly ready to put roots down at last

Tony
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:19 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

I wondered if any of me old cyber mates were still around, so decided to have one last go at posting on the old November 2006 thread. Can't believe where the time has gone. We arrived in Brisbane on 18th October and since then so much has happened. We settled in Redland bay and bought our own place here. It's a lovely place to live, secluded, great for the kids and on the bay. The neighbours are really good as well and we have been fortunate enough to buy in a nice cul de sac, so only 6 houses in the road. You can walk to the water with the fishing tackle in less than 5 minutes. The job is good and we seem less stressed than we used to be. We have decent 4x4 cars and a good lifestyle. The unpacking is nearly done as well. All in all, I think we made a good decision, we are happy with it and looking back, I doubt we would return to England, but will probably go back in a couple of years on holiday, just to see what we left and why.

I really hope you all achieve what you want for 2008, and it would be good to hear from anyone. Email is [email protected]

Carol, when we have the time, we must all get together when the weather clears up a bit more.

James
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Happy new year glad you are settled and it is working out for you Iceman We have the packers coming in the morning and we leave on the 8th january for sunny cairns. Its been a total blur over xmas I cant imagine when I will get my life back again and have some time for myself but Im sure it will come eventually. Our home hasnt sold yet so we will still have that to sort from australia but it will come good aswell just means we wont be able to buy straight away unless we can scrape up a deposit.

Try to keep in touch its lovely to hear peoples stories.

Take Care and be happy
Trudi
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:57 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by sophjam
Happy new year glad you are settled and it is working out for you Iceman We have the packers coming in the morning and we leave on the 8th january for sunny cairns. Its been a total blur over xmas I cant imagine when I will get my life back again and have some time for myself but Im sure it will come eventually. Our home hasnt sold yet so we will still have that to sort from australia but it will come good aswell just means we wont be able to buy straight away unless we can scrape up a deposit.

Take Care and be happy
Trudi
We didn't sell before we came out either, but everything will drop into place. Have a safe flight. You can give us a call if you need help or advice. Good Luck
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

cratfy is on a distinguished road

Hey,

Good to see the thread is just about surviving. I move to Sydney next week. So excited about it now!!!

Alex
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:08 am
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by cratfy
Hey,

Good to see the thread is just about surviving. I move to Sydney next week. So excited about it now!!!

Alex
Started to think you had dispappeared. You should be arriving just in time to have your share of the rain we have had here over the last week !! Have a safe trip and all the best of luck. You are always welcome to drop me an email (I think we might be the first two on this thread)

James
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Will certainly be before us! Looking at making the move in August/September, depending on finding a job for the OH! We are over in March/April so hoping to get in some interviews then! Could make it over in July at a push and if the right job demands it!

Good luck to everyone else making to move though! Keep us posted on how it all goes!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hey,

Alex
Good luck Alex all the best for the future be happy and keep in touchxx Trudi
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Sent mine off 28/12/2007. Sports Podiatrist.
Case Officer given in November as same as employers case officer.
RSMS Visa - Regional Sponsored Migratory Scheme...Cairns
Employers part all finalised, Nomination accepted in November 2007
Police checks all done and sent off.
Medicals booked for 3 weeks time.
Hope to be out there in March/April 2008.
When mine recieved have to then sponsor my partner for PR.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sophjam

Take Care and be happy
Trudi
Hey Trudi,

Where do you guys fly from? As I am flying on the 8th from Heathrow. Not looking forward to saying goodbye to my mum at the airport.

Alex
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi
Sent mine off 28/12/2007. Sports Podiatrist.
Case Officer given in November as same as employers case officer.
RSMS Visa - Regional Sponsored Migratory Scheme...Cairns
Employers part all finalised, Nomination accepted in November 2007
Police checks all done and sent off.
Medicals booked for 3 weeks time.
Hope to be out there in March/April 2008.
When mine recieved have to then sponsor my partner for PR.
While you are more than welcome to join our happy band I think you might have been looking for the November 2007 thread! We are November 2006! We all have our visas now and are heading over the water!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Trudi,

Where do you guys fly from? As I am flying on the 8th from Heathrow. Not looking forward to saying goodbye to my mum at the airport.

Alex
Hi Alex we are leaving from heathrow at 20.50 with cathay pacific to hong kong terminal 3 I think. I feel a bit numb at the moment everyone around me in tears but I havent shed any I just hope Im not saving them for the journey.Best of luck Alex [We are booked into one of the lounges] XX Trudi
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Trudi,

I am an hour later from Terminal 4, so unfortunately our paths will not cross. The nerves are really starting to get me now. Just can't concentrate on anything at the moment. Need to get my packing done.

Good luck

Alex
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Hello,

I'm still here, keep popping on to see whats going on!

We have been in Mandurah, Perth since July and loving every minute. Rented for 1st few months and bought a house now in a great location just minutes from the beach. Hubby has a job as a painter with a great company and I just landed a good part time job with the local council.

Loving it here, really made the right choice.

Hope everyone had a great xmas and good luck for the new year!

Hayley
xx
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Well after 62 pages of posts and 25k of views. My adventure is just about to begin. I would like to thank our community on this thread for all the help over the last year and a bit. I have had highs and lows, and the support this thread (and BR) has given me has made me reliase my dreams.

Well until I am on the other side goodbye, and THANK YOU EVERYONE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.