View Poll Results: When people are looking to move?
Before June 2007
18.18%
June - September 2007
24.24%
September - December 2007
30.30%
27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

November 2006 application

Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:04 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice
Default Re: November 2006 application

Originally Posted by cartel
Sorry about the exam Crafty,

Will you get a chance to re-take before going?

With regard the acknowledgment - I take it you are not using an agent. Our official acknowledgement came through for the 19th (as we thought) and we now have an official letter that give us a couple of reference numbers we can refer to regarding submitting meds, PCC's etc.

I would give it till the end of this week and then if you are without an agent phone and ask. If you are that worried - then phone tonight to ease your mind.

Our agents have told us that it is 5-6 months from receipt of app and the DIMA letter received echoe's this, thus my thinking is 19th November - 20th March is 4 months, by the time it gets there with PCC's should only be about 2-6 weeks before a possible CO is allocated and if everything is A OK he/she may be able to make a decision "tout suite"!!

Good Luck Crafty and all you other November app's.

Remember - keep talking and we might recruit a few more November Applicants!

Cheers

Carol

We were told altogether about 6 months from start to finish. While we were talking to an agent in Australia before we got back, they said an average time was 5 months or so. I do know some cases from September are getting CO's now, but if they are processed from there onwards as quick remains to be seen. Our agent advised to get meds done and PCC's once the acknowledgmwnt came through. PCC's came back really quick and we sent them off last month, meds for 8th Feb, so once we do get a CO everything they need will be in the file and hopefully it can go straight to final decision and speed up the whole thing.

Sorry about the exam Crafty, I'm sure you will pass next time round.
Good Luck to you all.
Keep in touch
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

dondotone will become famous soon enoughdondotone will become famous soon enough

Bad luck Crafty!!! At least things can only get better!!!

I agree with Cartel. Don't panic, speak to your agent or, ring the DIMA at the end of the week to see whats going on.
According to what I have read on prev threads sometimes the DIMA are slow at sending the offical receipt letters out.

We are having prob's getting medical history from OH doctors (everything done on paper) so we are having to wait until they are organised till we can book med's.

Cartel it sounds like you are having the good luck for all of us!!! Your buddies buying your house and waiting until you are ready to do it!!!!!! How sweeeeeet is that!!!

Keeping our finger crossed for us all, especially you Crafty!!!

Dondotone
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

Thanks Dondotone,

The guys came over yesterday and said they love the house. Got Estate Agent coming Thursday PM to value it and if the valuation compares to the figures we were thinking about and have discussed they want to go ahead .

I am not going to assume it's a done deal, but it would be fantastic not to have to put in on the market and have untold amount of people traipsing around. (Can you imagine 2 kids and 2 dogs trying to keep the place tidy all the time? Nope, I don't think so).

Anyway, fingers crossed.......................

Crafty, I have a good feeling about this week for you - It's defo your turn to hear and hear you shall!

Chat soon

Carol
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

cratfy is on a distinguished road

Hi Carol,

Will change yours red once I am back in the office. I emailed them on Thursday so going to give it until the end of the week, and then phone them. It does worry me as I spent so long putting it together. Fingers crossed that they will get back to me this week. Surely they have to find it, as I know exactly who signed for it and when.

As for the exam can do it on the second of June, which will before I go.

Crafty
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

dondotone will become famous soon enoughdondotone will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: November 2006 application

So guys,

what did your families say when you told em you were going? My Mum said "don't blame you" and my sister said and I quote:

"Free holidays for us then!!!"

But, we have not plucked up the courage to tell OH's Dad yet he will be gutted. Mostly everyone is supportive for us. My bosses eyes almost fell out of her head though!!! It was a divine moment.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:45 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by dondotone
So guys,

what did your families say when you told em you were going? My Mum said "don't blame you" and my sister said and I quote:

"Free holidays for us then!!!"

But, we have not plucked up the courage to tell OH's Dad yet he will be gutted. Mostly everyone is supportive for us. My bosses eyes almost fell out of her head though!!! It was a divine moment.
LOL!!!

My mum said something about not seeing her Grandchildren grow up, my MIL said we were hurting them all loads, my dad said Go for it.

I haven't told my Boss yet-I don't know what he will say, but I may have to in case he gets a call from them.

Mixed reactions.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

My folks are being fine to my face but dad is being quite bitchy (if a man can be!) when he talks to my sister about it. He seems to think I have "backed myself into a corner" because I am losing weight before the meds. You'd think he'd be pleased I was doing it, wouldn't you?

Not told in-laws yet and not sure when we will. Not until visa grant for sure. We lost BIL just before Christmas (OH's brother) so they are going to be doubly devastated - one son just died and I'm taking the other one to the other side of the planet (it will be my fault of course!). There fact we are taking the only granddaughter with us is not going to help matters!

However, this could all be moot soon. I have lost the key to our fireproof box. It has in it our tickets, passports and (the bit I need at the moment) the insurance voucher for our new carpet! Aaaaaarghhh!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice
Talking Re: November 2006 application

Hi everyone,

My brother and sister are fine about it - in fact they think it's great that when there kids want to go off travelling the world they will have family in Oz and therefore a good base to start from.

MIL - well what can I say?! She's not bothered about us going, but as for her 'kids' - who is she gonna forcefeed untold amounts of chocolate to when they go. It really is not spoken about. When we mention something, she either ignores it completely or finds a way to put it down. (Am I bothered - face - bothered!).

Friends and work have been fantastic - all planning their holidays, but I know there will be lots of tears when we say our goodbyes.

I cry each day when I watch 'Wanted Down Under' and they show the people the messages from back home - and they are not even my family!

Chat soon

Carol
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Good news! I have managed to pick the lock on my fireproof box!

Maybe I should consider a career change
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

I have heard there is a TV prog about expats moving. Is it any good? I work fulltime and DVD recorder is being a pain so I have not seen it.

Its a bad time to show the prog (Am). The channel surely would have had a bigger audience if it was on in the evening (most people moving are skilled and therefore work during the day). I hope they put it out on DVD to buy.

I think when you have kids you get a much stronger reaction from your families. I have no children so my family have been pretty positive.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:58 pm
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by dondotone
I have heard there is a TV prog about expats moving. Is it any good? I work fulltime and DVD recorder is being a pain so I have not seen it.

Its a bad time to show the prog (Am). The channel surely would have had a bigger audience if it was on in the evening (most people moving are skilled and therefore work during the day). I hope they put it out on DVD to buy.

I think when you have kids you get a much stronger reaction from your families. I have no children so my family have been pretty positive.
It's OK I have seen it on DVD at night after work. It's only fault, in my opinion is that it makes the whole process look easy.Apparently, today's episode makes out that anyone with a job can move to Australia and talks about getting sponsored. It seems that it is portraying the whole visa process as something we all know it isn't, so perhaps it should have been better researched. Also from the episodes I have seen there is not one mention of licensing and how hard that can be for some tradesmen (me included).

Anyway, I have got home really early today, so time to get the tea on.

James
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

We have had to look into licensing. OH is a Carpenter/Joiner so because we are going to Queensland he also needs a license so he can work.

Weird how you need a license for some parts of Aus and not for others. Some parts must have higher standard of workmanship. At least you know if you need work done on your house in Queensland the workman is not gonna turn up on a horse wearing cowboy boots.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Finally got some news, sadly not good news. There was some type of problem with my skilled assestment so going to have a look into it. I am not sure what it is at the moment, but hopefully it is just an admin issue, as I am a qualified accountant with 4 yrs experience so I am not sure what could be wrong. Going to the post office to pick it up in the morning, so hopefully will be able to shed some more light on it.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cratfy
Finally got some news, sadly not good news. There was some type of problem with my skilled assestment so going to have a look into it. I am not sure what it is at the moment, but hopefully it is just an admin issue, as I am a qualified accountant with 4 yrs experience so I am not sure what could be wrong. Going to the post office to pick it up in the morning, so hopefully will be able to shed some more light on it.
Morning Crafty,

Sorry to hear about that. You are still gonna be a November 06 applicant - aren't you? You are the one that got it rolling!

Please keep us informed of how you get on. I'll send you some karma to get you through. We are rooting for you.

Carol
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Carol, don't worry I won't be leaving our group, as we started it together and can't wait for us all to get in, and share in each others joy. I don't want to be in a different group now. I am going to try and get it back in the post on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.