Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Nothing today - who is waiting longest at this stage?

Nothing today - who is waiting longest at this stage?

Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nothing today - who is waiting longest at this stage?

Seems to have slowed down again after a flurry on Monday and Tuesday. Not sure if all the poor souls in pre-July have been sorted, but what about this year - anybody left from February/March? What about April? I noticed on Austimeline yesterday a German guy getting grant and applied on 24th May (the day before ours). DIMIA are being as consistent as ever! Feeling a bit fed up today really and was just wondering where everyone else was at?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nothing today - who is waiting longest at this stage?

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Seems to have slowed down again after a flurry on Monday and Tuesday. Not sure if all the poor souls in pre-July have been sorted, but what about this year - anybody left from February/March? What about April? I noticed on Austimeline yesterday a German guy getting grant and applied on 24th May (the day before ours). DIMIA are being as consistent as ever! Feeling a bit fed up today really and was just wondering where everyone else was at?
Hi,
We applied 8th April, 138 visa, we have done everything ie medicals, bond money/AOS interviews. 1022 and police checks sent a week ago. Literally 5 mins ago the house went on the market. Now I have this sick feeling. We are having to look at secondary schools at the moment I don't know if I am coming or going literally. Sorry your feeling fed up, I go through phases, on Monday I wanted to bawl my eyes out. Tomorrow who knows!
Take care, good luck
Sharon
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:48 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

We are applying 139, AoS approved on 13 September. Everything else done, just waiting for decision. It's particularly tough, I don't suffer fro mthe anxieties that plenty on this forum seem to, but I'm still keen to know the result..

Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

We are fed up too. Every morning I wake up full of hope and when there is no email from DIMIA, my hopes are dashed and I know I have to wait another 24 hours. Been like this for weeks. My application was received at DIMIA on 29th April. 5 months and 1 day. Im MODL too.

There are also June applicants getting there visas as well as May applicants.

The wait goes on.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulb
We are fed up too. Every morning I wake up full of hope and when there is no email from DIMIA, my hopes are dashed and I know I have to wait another 24 hours. Been like this for weeks. My application was received at DIMIA on 29th April. 5 months and 1 day. Im MODL too.

There are also June applicants getting there visas as well as May applicants.

The wait goes on.
Can't you e-mail them enquiring if there are any problems? or even ring them
feel for you Paul, everything is still crossed
jacqui
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Can't you e-mail them enquiring if there are any problems? or even ring them
feel for you Paul, everything is still crossed
jacqui
Hi Jacqui

Im going to leave it a few more days, and maybe send an email next week. Its nearly 3 weeks since I sent the form 1022 back, so hopfully any day now.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:00 am
Just Joined

tekla is on a distinguished road

i think im the most patient person in this side of the world waiting for ages, im a prejuly 04 applicant subclass 139 after having the mes last nov. 04, it was deferred only to know the result this Aug. 05! i had my repeat xray then health undertaking forms was sent last sept. 16. i dont think i can make it to the finish line, im so tired of waiting
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 2:26 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's easy for me to say, but hang in there guys. This is the worst period and all good things will eventually come. When your'e here, all that waiting will seem like an age ago. Enjoy the time you've got left in the UK.

Good luck with it all,

Paul.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Scoofy will become famous soon enough

We sent our meds and additional info on 12 August, main application sent 28 March. Checking email every day in hope we get the pre-grant letter... but nothing so far!
Getting anxious as we are currently in Oz, and are flying to Europe next week to get our visa (we thought we would definitely have gotten it by then so booked this trip a while ago...) Hope it won't take much longer now!!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:30 am

our 139 app went in 23 March 05, so you're not the only one left out.

It may, I hope, depend on which region CO your case has been allocated to, and their workload. We're UK applicants, but our CO is region 4.

Originally Posted by Scoofy
We sent our meds and additional info on 12 August, main application sent 28 March. Checking email every day in hope we get the pre-grant letter... but nothing so far!
Getting anxious as we are currently in Oz, and are flying to Europe next week to get our visa (we thought we would definitely have gotten it by then so booked this trip a while ago...) Hope it won't take much longer now!!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Scoofy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevereed
our 139 app went in 23 March 05, so you're not the only one left out.

It may, I hope, depend on which region CO your case has been allocated to, and their workload. We're UK applicants, but our CO is region 4.
We are skilled independent & MODL; our CO is region 3
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:38 am

we're gonna hear in the next week or so I reckon.....must be near the top of the pile.

Originally Posted by Scoofy
We are skilled independent & MODL; our CO is region 3
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Pheobe is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had our forms in since 31 March 05 for permanent (sponsored) visa. After 3 months were requested to re-do UK police checks. Had them in at DIMIA since end of August and still not heard anything. Just been informed beginning of last week that our case manager has left. So I suppose we'll have to wait again now till they assign us with a new one.

Frustrating or what!! At least they gave us a bridging visa in the meantime. We came out last year on a 457 visa, which ran out in August 05.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

We applied for a 138 visa on the 18th March, had everything done and dusted by 19th August and still waiting ...... Like you, totally fed up as I thought we would have had them by now.

Debs
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

I know how you feel, we are getting fed up too. Every morning we rush down and check the e-mail. We emailed our CO last week and she replied saying that she would be in touch in the next few days. That was last Wednesday. This morning I was full of optimisim - but still nothing. We applied on 15th May MODL. Our house is due to complete on 1st November and I know we are lucky to have sold it (so far, I'm not counting my chickens yet), but I'm starting to get a bit stressed now that we are into October. I feel a bit of a fraud, I've already had one 'leaving meal' and we haven't even got the visa yet!!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.