To or Not to for a baby

Old May 18th 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

anshuman.r.roy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question To or Not to for a baby

Hi All,

I had applied for my MODL 175 Visa(Paper Based) on 21st February. I am stuck in a very sticky situation now. Looking at the snail's pace that CO's are getting assigned, I dont think that we would be getting any CO assigned
atleast for about 1 year now(I actually calculated that the velocity of COs being appointed is 1 day per week, so it might take upto 3 yrs for my CO to get appointed).

Now comes the real dillemma. I m married since 3 yrs now and had planned our baby in around May 2008. But due to this loong visa process it has derailed us totally and left us confused. Our agent tells us that it would take maximum of 4-5 months but practically speaking this would never happen in that time period.

Now my question is that should we plan for a baby now? As I m getting worried that if we were to wait for our COs to get assigned then we would have to wait for atleast 3 yrs. This could severely impact my family life and cause further frustrations.

In this scenario what should I do? Kindly advice.

regards,
Anshuman
Old May 18th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

sehmbi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To or Not to for a baby

Originally Posted by anshuman.r.roy
Hi All,

I had applied for my MODL 175 Visa(Paper Based) on 21st February. I am stuck in a very sticky situation now. Looking at the snail's pace that CO's are getting assigned, I dont think that we would be getting any CO assigned
atleast for about 1 year now(I actually calculated that the velocity of COs being appointed is 1 day per week, so it might take upto 3 yrs for my CO to get appointed).

Now comes the real dillemma. I m married since 3 yrs now and had planned our baby in around May 2008. But due to this loong visa process it has derailed us totally and left us confused. Our agent tells us that it would take maximum of 4-5 months but practically speaking this would never happen in that time period.

Now my question is that should we plan for a baby now? As I m getting worried that if we were to wait for our COs to get assigned then we would have to wait for atleast 3 yrs. This could severely impact my family life and cause further frustrations.

In this scenario what should I do? Kindly advice.

regards,
Anshuman

Anshuman various factors come into affect to determine the time taken to get a visa.
1. In what Category have you applied.
2. Your parent country.
3. Your documentation. (It varies from individual case to case)
Old May 18th 2008, 5:11 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

and always factor in the buggeration factor. Babies dont always happen to plan - ie you may decide to try from today and may still get a CO before nature concurs! You should have the baby when its the right time for your family and work around that. (we waited a long time to try and i ended up aged 34 for my first. then 37 for my second and maybe 39 for my 3rd. I wish we had started earlier as its harder when your a bit older).
Old May 18th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

i agree, it doesn't always happen to plan, i took me nearly 4 years to fall pregnant with my first.
i am an August '07 applicant and pre sept 1st changes, we were told that over 30,000 general skilled applications were submitted in August alone and thats without all the other types of applications also in August. There are many still waiting, but it took about 8 months from application being submitted to visa grant, and once we were assigned a CO it was only 6 days to visa grant.
If it was me i would wait, but at the end of the day the choice is yours and no-one can tell you what to do. Having children is is a huge commitment. Good Luck
Old May 19th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

I can fully empathise and sympathise, we applied in July 2007 and things all went horribly wrong when they stopped the ability to get five points using the Capital Investment Bonds in December on the 136 visa. Our application is in limbo awaiting a head of DIAC decision and I too have been asking myself whether to wait or try for a baby now. I had my 31st birthday in April and that really started the whole biological clock v wait for visa decision debate. It is horrible to not have full control over your life. We decided to give the visa application a bit longer because Australia is such a long way I would not want to fly late in pregnacy etc. I also think it might be harder to emmigrate with a small baby (plus I'd feel bad having a baby and then whisking it straight away from its grandparents etc)....but it is a very personal decision I hope you decde what is right for you.
Old May 27th 2008, 3:39 am
Just Joined

anshuman.r.roy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Joannec2014, hairart, MsElui and sehmbi for your response. Indeed time for a bit of more introspection from my end.

thanks again.