Wikiposts

NORTHERN IRELAND VISA APPLICANTS?

Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:28 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NORTHERN IRELAND VISA APPLICANTS?

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Jen

Good call on the scanner just managed to reserve last one in my local store.
Good job, reserve the cable too, if u dont have one from the original scanner!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

brandyslad is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep,

I am going as a Community Worker and OH as a welder. We applied with me as main applicant as OH did not want to tell his employers so far in advance he would be leaving.

Visa application in - 21st January
CO - 9th Feb
Meds - 13th Feb
Meds rec'd on 6th March and finalised on 12th March
Visa grant 27th March

I hadn't heard anything from my CO for ages so I emailed them to ask if they had rec'd everything, they emailed back within hours to tell me Form 80 for OH was missing so I sent this through and then it was granted by the end of the next week.

We had to prove de facto status too, we sent of two stat decs both signed and scanned in, we did not get them certified as they were typed up and then signed in blue. I then also sent bank statements, phonebills, photos, holiday confirmations, wedding invites, car ownership docs.

When the CO 1st contacted us they wanted more work info so I sent every single payslip for the last year, a really detailed CV and my employers webpage on a screen print in Word.

My OH also had three driving offences and a caution on his police check - now they are from years back. We declared them from the start, I worried about these but there was not a problem. I was especially worried as the caution was for indecent behaviour which sound terrible but he got it for peeing on a night out up and entry and the police walked past. But I explained all this on the visa app and the Form 80.

During the whole process I never once paid for cerification of docs, our solicitor did the Vetassess docs for free and the post office signed one for me as well for free, then a teacher in one of the schools I go into with work did it for the police check.

We did not use an agent.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:34 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandyslad
Yep,

I am going as a Community Worker and OH as a welder. We applied with me as main applicant as OH did not want to tell his employers so far in advance he would be leaving.

CO - 9th Feb
Meds - 13th Feb
Visa grant 27th March

I hadn't heard anything from my CO for ages so I emailed them to ask if they had rec'd everything, they emailed back within hours to tell me Form 80 for OH was missing so I sent this through and then it was granted by the end of the next week.

We had to prove de facto status too, we sent of two stat decs both signed and scanned in, we did not get them certified as they were typed up and then signed in blue. I then also sent bank statements, phonebills, photos, holiday confirmations, wedding invites, car ownership docs.

When the CO 1st contacted us they wanted more work info so I sent every single payslip for the last year, a really detailed CV and my employers webpage on a screen print in Word.

My OH also had three driving offences and a caution on his police check - now they are from years back. We declared them from the start, I worried about these but there was not a problem. I was especially worried as the caution was for indecent behaviour which sound terrible but he got it for peeing on a night out up and entry and the police walked past. But I explained all this on the visa app and the Form 80.

During the whole process I never once paid for cerification of docs, our solicitor did the Vetassess docs for free and the post office signed one for me as well for free, then a teacher in one of the schools I go into with work did it for the police check.

We did not use an agent.
Excellent, u applied for all of this throughout 2009? That's pretty quick, I'm soooooo jealous (GITS! lol) When do you anticipate going over, have you got your house to sell or?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:38 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Yep,

CO - 9th Feb
Meds - 13th Feb
Visa grant 27th March

We did not use an agent.
PS I didn't pay a penny for ceritification of docs either! For some unknown reason my local solicitor said he'd do it for nothing, so I bought him a nice Aussie red wine and some choccies; buying for a man you don't know, isn't the easiest! Skills Assessment my boss did for me, as he's a Principal so....what docs did you need to have verified for your police checks, and did you do them through ACPO? Where'd you do your medicals? Portadown seems to be my closest...
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

We did the Vetassess in October and then put in for State sponsorhip with SA in November, it came back in January. Thankfully our application was in before the new priorities came out or it would have been far longer.

We did our meds in Omagh, it was the guts of £400 for the the meds and X-rays. It was very straightforward. We had to get our photos certified as a true likeness for police checks.

We hope to go at end of May, we are going to rent the house out. I can't even begin to think of the stress of a house sale on top of all this visa biz!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

We did the Vetassess in October and then put in for State sponsorhip with SA in November, it came back in January. Thankfully our application was in before the new priorities came out or it would have been far longer.

We did our meds in Omagh, it was the guts of £400 for the the meds and X-rays. It was very straightforward. We had to get our photos certified as a true likeness for police checks.

We hope to go at end of May, we are going to rent the house out. I can't even begin to think of the stress of a house sale on top of all this visa biz!
I'll not put mine on the market til i get a CO, but need the money to bring with me so....

Well done, I'm sure your heads are all over the place! Exciting times!!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:18 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'll not put mine on the market til i get a CO, but need the money to bring with me so....

Well done, I'm sure your heads are all over the place! Exciting times!!!
Oh I thought you were a 175, whats the difference between it and a 475? I'm confused.com....
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Yes lots to do, going to start into planning tomorrow, get flights booked etc.

The 475 is a state sponsored visa eligible for three years,we are going to Adelaide, if either one of us works for 12 months full time within the 1st two years we can then go for PR. By getting state sponsorship we got an extra 10 points towards the visa. We are obliged to stay and work in South Australia on this visa.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

I'm in a panic now, my oh was involved in car accident (7 yrs ago) 6 points on his licence and £200 fine. Should I have declared this! I totally forgot about it until I read your post.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:29 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Yes lots to do, going to start into planning tomorrow, get flights booked etc.

The 475 is a state sponsored visa eligible for three years,we are going to Adelaide, if either one of us works for 12 months full time within the 1st two years we can then go for PR. By getting state sponsorship we got an extra 10 points towards the visa. We are obliged to stay and work in South Australia on this visa.
Ahhhh ok, thanks for clarifying, so many numbers, so many visas lol

Ur still lucky ducks though! Think of the lovely weather ur going out to, I could still be here in 2011 at the rate the visas are being processed, was quite mild today though, which made a nice change lol
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

I'm in a panic now, my oh was involved in car accident (7 yrs ago) 6 points on his licence and £200 fine. Should I have declared this! I totally forgot about it until I read your post.

You might be best to fill a form I think it is the 1023 form to notify them of incorrect info. I had to do one of these as I did not realise that I had to put in our previous addresses before we moved in together for de facto. The CO asked me to fill it in.

Before I started the visa app I sent away for an info statement to Belfast to get the dates of the offences as we couldn't remember when they were. This was a tenner then I sent away for the ACPO for the visa.

The offence will not affect your visa, sure my OH had a £500 fine and a driving ban of 18 months for DUI plus a dangerous driving charge all for the one incident - he was really heavily fined as he was only 18 when it happened. I debated sending a character ref then when I checked out character requirements on the DIAC website, it is only jail time or a long record or more 'dubious' offences that would stop you on that count. I worried and worried about it but thankfully common sense was exercised by the CO.

Last edited by brandyslad; Mar 29th 2009 at 6:39 am.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Ahhhh ok, thanks for clarifying, so many numbers, so many visas lol

Ur still lucky ducks though! Think of the lovely weather ur going out to, I could still be here in 2011 at the rate the visas are being processed, was quite mild today though, which made a nice change lol
Well it is p****** here, honestly we live in the wettest part of the one of the wettest countries in Europe! The weather is a major draw for me.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well it is p****** here, honestly we live in the wettest part of the one of the wettest countries in Europe! The weather is a major draw for me.
Ditto, just wish Id done this 5 years ago when I started thinking about it, the whole visa process is going to take sooooooo long for me, just kicking myself I didn't do it sooner!! Hindsight eh, wonderful! lol
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Thanks brandyslad

I really had just put that incident to the back of my mind, glad your post jogged my memory (OMG i'm gettin old). Will send that form away to be on the safe side. Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

How's everyone getting on? Anyone making any progress?!