Wikiposts

NORTHERN IRELAND VISA APPLICANTS?

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: NORTHERN IRELAND VISA APPLICANTS?

Hi

Just dropping in to wish you all the best with your visa Application It is a long process but one that is worth it.

We got our 175 visa last may and arrived in Perth in Oct 2008.......with only recently having the house sale done and dusted. Flipping nightmare.

Good luck with the ILETS test in Liverpool I think a few from Northern Ireland have sat the test and there was no problems with it so you should be fine..........

We are from Ballymena (my hubby and I)

Nadine

p.s Gillian I will be waiting patiently to hear from you Wed or Thurs Computer will be kept on to see if you sign in xxxxx
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:02 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi

Just dropping in to wish you all the best with your visa Application It is a long process but one that is worth it.

We got our 175 visa last may and arrived in Perth in Oct 2008.......with only recently having the house sale done and dusted. Flipping nightmare.

Good luck with the ILETS test in Liverpool I think a few from Northern Ireland have sat the test and there was no problems with it so you should be fine..........

We are from Ballymena (my hubby and I)

Nadine

p.s Gillian I will be waiting patiently to hear from you Wed or Thurs Computer will be kept on to see if you sign in xxxxx
Thanks, so are you missing home at all or have you settled in fine?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:19 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I am from Lurgan been here over 4 years.
I'm just down the road from there, not far from Donaghcloney (HI!)... Do you miss NI at all Horse?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Thanks, so are you missing home at all or have you settled in fine?

Well I will be honest with you and say that yeah I do suffer home sickeness............ at times I am not homesick for Northern Ireland I just really miss my best friends and my support networks but that is part of the move and has to be expected so it does.

I do talk to them all the time on msn and skype.......... Skype is brilliant and it means you can see and talk to people I love it and would be lost with out it........................ Dont get me wrong I am not home sick every day

Nadine

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:57 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well I will be honest with you and say that yeah I do suffer home sickeness............ at times I am not homesick for Northern Ireland I just really miss my best friends and my support networks but that is part of the move and has to be expected so it does.

I do talk to them all the time on msn and skype.......... Skype is brilliant and it means you can see and talk to people I love it and would be lost with out it........................ Dont get me wrong I am not home sick every day

Nadine

Good stuff, dont suppose you want to adopt me to speed up my entry to Oz? lol I'm potty trained and very well behaved ha
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good stuff, dont suppose you want to adopt me to speed up my entry to Oz? lol I'm potty trained and very well behaved ha

Dont worry you will get here soon enough so you will.............. I know all about the waiting but before you know it you will be here......... Is it you and hubby/partner? Any kids?

You have prob already stated but where you planning on moving to?

Nadine
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I'm just down the road from there, not far from Donaghcloney (HI!)... Do you miss NI at all Horse?
No don't miss it at all, I just got fed up with the Portuguese and Eastern European invasion back in NI in 2004, so I packed my bag and moved out to Sydney and haven't looked back.

I live with my Aussie Girlfriend and most of my friends are Australian so I have assimilated quite well and most people accept me as an Australian (even though I am not a citizen yet) rather than as an immigrant.

Its funny because I often hear my Aussie friends bagging the shit out of immigrants and then I usually have to point out that I am one as well.......

I miss my family but they are only a phone call away...... or 24 hours on a plane what ever way you want to look at it.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Dont worry you will get here soon enough so you will.............. I know all about the waiting but before you know it you will be here......... Is it you and hubby/partner? Any kids?

You have prob already stated but where you planning on moving to?

Nadine
Just me, my partner is doing a separate, 'Lateral transfer' into the aussie army, so on my application, it's just lil old me....Hopefully Melbourne?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 12:04 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

No don't miss it at all, I just got fed up with the Portuguese and Eastern European invasion back in NI in 2004, so I packed my bag and moved out to Sydney and haven't looked back.

I live with my Aussie Girlfriend and most of my friends are Australian so I have assimilated quite well and most people accept me as an Australian (even though I am not a citizen yet) rather than as an immigrant.

Its funny because I often hear my Aussie friends bagging the shit out of immigrants and then I usually have to point out that I am one as well.......

I miss my family but they are only a phone call away...... or 24 hours on a plane what ever way you want to look at it.
Yeah, that's great, I really envy you, according to an agent i spoke to yesterday i should have no problem being given a visa, but that's probably what they tell everyone lol
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, that's great, I really envy you, according to an agent i spoke to yesterday i should have no problem being given a visa, but that's probably what they tell everyone lol
Quite true but think about this

There are a lot of people posting on this forum and they cannot wait to get to Australia, they are cracking up about how long the application is taking and when they are going to get a CO and CSL priority ...blah blah blah.

When they get here some are going to be disappointed because the place did not live up to their expectations, wether it is the job, the kids or just the lifestyle.

I am pretty lucky because I love the place but there are quite a few who did not quite make it......

Australia might have 300 sunny days of the year.... but its still a working economy and not some sort of holiday resort and so all the day to day issues of life, paying bills, health, working and family life is tested and you are 17,000 KM from your family it can be tough on your soul.

You only get out what you put in.

All I can say is best of luck to everyone who deserves it.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:38 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Quite true but think about this

There are a lot of people posting on this forum and they cannot wait to get to Australia, they are cracking up about how long the application is taking and when they are going to get a CO and CSL priority ...blah blah blah.

When they get here some are going to be disappointed because the place did not live up to their expectations, wether it is the job, the kids or just the lifestyle.

I am pretty lucky because I love the place but there are quite a few who did not quite make it......

Australia might have 300 sunny days of the year.... but its still a working economy and not some sort of holiday resort and so all the day to day issues of life, paying bills, health, working and family life is tested and you are 17,000 KM from your family it can be tough on your soul.

You only get out what you put in.

All I can say is best of luck to everyone who deserves it.
Aww thanks Horsie blokie....I know exactly where you're coming from! I've been thinking about the whole Australia thing since 2003 when I spent some time over there...I guess I've decided @ the age of 31, it's time to stop thinking about it and start doing it! Blackskull really doesn't have very much to offer anymore, and having taught in NI for 9 years, I feel I'm up for a new challenge, and hopefully, all being well, Oz will offer that!? I'm under no illusions that it's some sort of holiday resort, but do know it'll be a d@mned sight better that what this country is slowly but surely turning into!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Aww thanks Horsie blokie....I know exactly where you're coming from! I've been thinking about the whole Australia thing since 2003 when I spent some time over there...I guess I've decided @ the age of 31, it's time to stop thinking about it and start doing it! Blackskull really doesn't have very much to offer anymore, and having taught in NI for 9 years, I feel I'm up for a new challenge, and hopefully, all being well, Oz will offer that!? I'm under no illusions that it's some sort of holiday resort, but do know it'll be a d@mned sight better that what this country is slowly but surely turning into!!!
*than <<< oops, would I fail the IELTS on that wee typo? lol
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

I am from Lurgan been here over 4 years.
Originally from the spadetown twenty myself heading for Brisbane three weeks time

Nev
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

What about the Didlees know quite a few from Donacloney

Nev
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by nevsy
What about the Didlees know quite a few from Donacloney

Nev
Well, its Blackskull actually, but I did once teach in Donaghcloney, albeit just a 6 month maternity leave back when I was wet behind the ears!!! lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.