Normal Tourist Holiday Visa?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default Normal Tourist Holiday Visa?

Right, this might seem a really stupid question...especially as we are just about completed our perm. visa process..
If my father wants to visit us for a month...say in a years time. Travelling from UK to Queensland. Does he have to apply for a visa before travelling or can he fill in a card whilst on the plane?
He is just coming for a visit. Nothing more complex than that. No intention of working...he's retired.
HKA
x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Normal Tourist Holiday Visa?

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Right, this might seem a really stupid question...especially as we are just about completed our perm. visa process..
If my father wants to visit us for a month...say in a years time. Travelling from UK to Queensland. Does he have to apply for a visa before travelling or can he fill in a card whilst on the plane?
He is just coming for a visit. Nothing more complex than that. No intention of working...he's retired.
HKA
x
Mine was done by travel agents when flights booked
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Oz2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just got a holiday visa for travelling to melbourne it is done on line and costs around 10 pound. this is the link
https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/index.html
it is done pretty much instantly and is valid for a year. hope this helps but anything else the site will tell you.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

When we went over on holiday a couple of years ago, we had a tourist visa and it was sorted out by the travel agent when we booked it.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

When I went for a holiday, nothing else, just a holiday, I had to apply for an ETA visa before I left, and then fill out a from on the plane.

The ETA visa cost me £8.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies.
I am just trying to give my dad some clear and simple advice so it is not too much of a chore. He will be booking via Emirates. Would they sort out the visa or does he have to contact IMMI.gov.au and all that.....?
Cheers
HKA
x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:29 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

He has got to apply for an ETA or else he won't even be allowed to get on the plane. You can do it online quite easily, google it for the web site, I think its the Australian Embassy in London, just need your debit/credit card and passport details, its all done electronically.

Lisa
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:30 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Web site: http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The visa that travel agents get for you when going on holiday are the ETAs available at the link in this thread. It is valid for a year, for multiple entry, and you can enter for three months at a time.
You can either get the travel agent to organise it, or do it yourself through that link. Very quick, very easy.

Everyone has to fill in the passenger card on the plane, that's not a visa form, just an info card for Customs and Immigration.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The visa that travel agents get for you when going on holiday are the ETAs available at the link in this thread. It is valid for a year, for multiple entry, and you can enter for three months at a time.
You can either get the travel agent to organise it, or do it yourself through that link. Very quick, very easy.

Everyone has to fill in the passenger card on the plane, that's not a visa form, just an info card for Customs and Immigration.
It's not always quick and easy.....my dad got knocked back for an ETA....no reason is given but apparently there are people who for whatever reason, need a bit more investigation! Could be something as simple as having a name like someone unsavoury.

Problem was this was 2 days before he was due to fly out. Couldn't get through to anyone in Aus house and emails went unanswered. Fortunately I have a friend at Singapore Airlines in London who telexed (yes the airlines are that antiquated) Canberra and the ETA was granted about 5 mins later....not bad considering it was the middle of the night Aus time.

So basically, don't leave it to late to apply for the ETA...just in case.