Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Non MODL application in - now have MODL skill - can I change?

Non MODL application in - now have MODL skill - can I change?

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

peternew_za is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non MODL application in - now have MODL skill - can I change?

Hi All

I tried to search for this on the forum but could not find an answer so sorry if it has been covered already. I have a 136 non modl application with DIMA but the CO has not been assigned yet (June 2006).

I had my qualifications rechecked by the ACS and they informed me today that I now have a MODL occupation !! - happy days !!!!

I had specified the capital investment option on my application as I was short 5 points but would now like to use the MODL points instead of the capital investment option. Is this possable? If so how do I inform them?

Many thanx
Peter
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 6:29 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non MODL application in - now have MODL skill - can I change?

Originally Posted by peternew_za
Hi All

I tried to search for this on the forum but could not find an answer so sorry if it has been covered already. I have a 136 non modl application with DIMA but the CO has not been assigned yet (June 2006).

I had my qualifications rechecked by the ACS and they informed me today that I now have a MODL occupation !! - happy days !!!!

I had specified the capital investment option on my application as I was short 5 points but would now like to use the MODL points instead of the capital investment option. Is this possable? If so how do I inform them?

Many thanx
Peter
Hi Peter,

Well first you have to get ACS to issue you with a new assessment - they're shut at the moment but will reopen in early January - and then you can submit that to DIMA, making sure that you use the web-based contact system to tell them what you're doing (since they may assess you as needing to pay the statutory deposit and in that case your new ACS assessment would only be helpful if you made a new application).

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

peternew_za is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Non MODL application in - now have MODL skill - can I change?

Hi George

Thank you for your reply. I have just received my reassessment from the ACS so will contact DIMA via the web based communication system ASAP.

Would I need to use a Change in Circumstances form when I submit? Do you think it would it make any difference in the timeline at this stage?

Once again many thanks.

Peter