Non migrating kids - xray requirement

Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non migrating kids - xray requirement

Just put in the application, and have the meds booked for Monday. The eldest 2 (non migrating, 12 & 14) have not got xrays booked as I have been told by loads of people, (including welshtony who gave me some very thorough guidance on this), that they don't need to have the xrays, just the medicals.

The forms to download are telling me they do need them - which brings us back to the whole mess of no passport for eldest etc etc.

I honestly thought this one had gone away Has anyone else had the downloads telling them certain requirements were necessary that were wrong?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all
Default Re: Non migrating kids - xray requirement

Originally Posted by NikiL
Just put in the application, and have the meds booked for Monday. The eldest 2 (non migrating, 12 & 14) have not got xrays booked as I have been told by loads of people, (including welshtony who gave me some very thorough guidance on this), that they don't need to have the xrays, just the medicals.

The forms to download are telling me they do need them - which brings us back to the whole mess of no passport for eldest etc etc.

I honestly thought this one had gone away Has anyone else had the downloads telling them certain requirements were necessary that were wrong?
Hi
I think you should ask somebody like George Lombard this question, i was under the impression that all children over 5 had to have xays done, but i may be wrong....ask someone in the know or phone the imm advise line...good luck
Sharon
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Don't know about non migrating children having to have X rays but it is normally all children over the age of 11 years that need one.

But our downloaded medical forms (which we couldn't access until after we had the meds) had some big errors on them, we had one form with all my father in law 's details on them and he is most definitely not coming - so they obviously do make mistakes on these!

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that we have no photo id for the eldest (she's lost her bloody passport), otherwise I'd just book them in on the just in case basis and nowhere will let us have the xrays done without photo id for her. Even had one place tell me that a drivers licence would be ok for id - after I'd told them that she was 14!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Try this thread, there are quite a few others on this subject, just have a search:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+non+migrating

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Believe me, I have been searching and searching, but I can't find anything other than what I've asked already on the xrays. When I was sitting the IELTS a couple of the other guys there had been told they didn't have to have them done, a couple had been told they did.....I know they have to have the medicals, but its the xray bit...

It would fit that they don't need them (and the procedure manual does say that they don't need them) as non of the xray places have ever come across non migrating kids without photo id before. Not sure if they've come across non migrating kids full stop.

Would just really like some confirmation from someone who's got through it with non migrating dependents who didn't have to have them done. Its not doing my blood pressure any good!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I know someone who was told not to get an x-ray done for her 14 year old step-daughter (who wasn't emigrating) and just to do her medicals.
Her CO later insisted that an x-ray was done for the step-daughter, even though all their medicals had already been finalised. By the time they did the x-ray it took another 12 weeks to get their 136 visa granted!!!!!
I can't remember who originally told her not to do the x-ray, but it was either her agent or CO. Then another CO requested the x-ray to be done!!!! What a nightmare
Beth x x
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perhaps it would be best to ring DIAC and ask them direct. It may take some perseverance to get through as the phone lines are always busy but you do get someone eventually ( I think our reocrd was nearly 2 hours, god knows how much that will cost) and they are usually helpful!

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
Believe me, I have been searching and searching, but I can't find anything other than what I've asked already on the xrays. When I was sitting the IELTS a couple of the other guys there had been told they didn't have to have them done, a couple had been told they did.....I know they have to have the medicals, but its the xray bit...

It would fit that they don't need them (and the procedure manual does say that they don't need them) as non of the xray places have ever come across non migrating kids without photo id before. Not sure if they've come across non migrating kids full stop.

Would just really like some confirmation from someone who's got through it with non migrating dependents who didn't have to have them done. Its not doing my blood pressure any good!!

Hi Nik

Attach an explanation to your application why you believe that no chest X-ray is necessary - namely that DIAC's own guidelines clearly state this. Case officers are often wrong in their requests and I'm sure the new on-line applications will not be sophisticated enough to work out when to request a chest X-ray so will automatically request from all 11s and over regardless of whther they are migrating or not.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Tony,

I have to confess at the moment we're looking to get her a replacement passport (she can owe us a few babysitting trips for it) and get her xrays done as soon as we get the passport back, & get the doc to hold the meds for a week so we can get them all sent together.

OH pointed out I'm a natural worrier, and as he said it will just play on my mind the whole time. Don't really want the extra expense, and out of principle I don't want to pay to replace a passport that she was so damned careless with in the first place, but that versus 3 months of twitching......
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:23 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Hi Nik

My non migrating daughter aged 13 had an xray done, the panel Dr told us to do it, so as the cost for Xrays with us was £45 each I didn't really question it, better safe than sorry.

Not sure why you need the passport for the xray and not for the Meds themselves, excuse me if I missed something, but I thought you needed the passport for both? The Med form 26 has space at the top of every page for the passport number and a place for the Dr to sign to say he's seen it. I admit it was a bit stupid when our 5 year old daughters photo was from when she was 4mth old

Hope you get it all sorted OK.

Allan
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Squared it with the doc that we can take the birth cert. However, we've decided to put in for another passport, and then get her xray done afterwards, take it to the doctor then it can all go off together - we can add the passport # to the form then.

Now I can't access the bloody forms for the eldest 2

Don't need this today, waiting for exam results in the morning and I'm always a stress head before results - one reason I took today off (well, that and getting the application in )
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

My step daughter (who isn't coming with us) had to have one, blood tests too...she is 15..Good luck
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:20 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

We had to get xrays for my non migrating stepson who was 12.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys, it looks like despite, as Tony says, them not actually needing it that the case officers want them done! Replacement passport it is, I'd rather work on the basis of getting them done even if they don't need it rather than get 4 months down the line and have another 3 month delay built in.

Thanks to you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.