Nominated Occupation

Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:47 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Nominated Occupation

Hi

I applied for a 175 MODL visa online. Just a quick question folks, if someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

My Nominated occupation is Mechanical Engineer. That is also the occupation on the skills assessment, and my acedamic degree.

However my recent work experience is as a 'production & maintainence engineer' The two occupations have similar job description, and the same classification code: ASCO 2126-11 for Mech. and ASCO2126-13 for Production engineer.

Could my case officer still refuse me a visa due to the fact that my work experience is as a production engineer, and this occupation does not attract bonus 15 points for MODL.

Thanks in advance guys, please help me out here.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nominated Occupation

Have you looked at the criteria for MODL points?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:20 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nominated Occupation

Hi Jaj

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have read the criteria and it says 'you must be employed in your nominated occupation or a closely related occupation'

But whats got me worried is that it really is upto my case officer, wether or not, he thinks I deserve points for MODL. and because there is no right to review I can't even contest the decision, if my case officer does decide to reject my application on that basis.

Is there anyway I can bring this to the attention of my case officer ?