No Deeming / Inferred from Date

Old Jan 23rd 2003, 8:41 am
Just Joined

amarshah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Deeming / Inferred from Date

One of my friends recently got his +ve skills assessment from ACS (RPL). As per the numerous postings here on ACS RPL assessments, it seems that these letters (from ACS) have a deeming / inferred from date. My friends letter does not have any such thing mentioned. He has 9 years exp (total).

The letter reads.. " For the purpose of your application you have as of October 2000 satisfied the requirements of the ACS PIM 2 Issue 1, 1 October 2000."

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 2231-xx of the ASCO Code."

My question is from which date will DIMIA 'recognise' his exp ?? Will DIMIA count all 9 years of exp ??

Please Help ??
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 9:07 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Deeming / Inferred from Date

Originally posted by amarshah
One of my friends recently got his +ve skills assessment from ACS (RPL). <snip> My friends letter does not have any such thing mentioned. He has 9 years exp (total).

The letter reads.. "For the purpose of your application you have as of October 2000 satisfied the requirements of the ACS PIM 2 Issue 1, 1 October 2000."

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 2231-xx of the ASCO Code."

My question is from which date will DIMIA 'recognise' his exp ?? Will DIMIA count all 9 years of exp ??
No, your interpretation of the letter from ACS is way off mark. Your friend did indeed get a deeming date, of October 2000. Read the first line of the quoted portion and you'll see very clearly that "...as of October 2000 satisfied..." refers to the deeming date or 'met-requirements' date.

In your friend's case, the maximum number of 'visible' working experience would be from Oct 2000 till today, assuming he's been working non-stop since then. This gives him 2 years and 3 months of work experience from Oct 2000 till Jan 2003. Not enough to get 10 points for specific work experience, but sufficient for a 60-point SOL occupation's recent work experience criterion (assuming non-stop SOL employment since Oct 2000).

Peter
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

amarshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank's Peter.