Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

no contact by the case officer since december

no contact by the case officer since december

Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

yasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no contact by the case officer since december

i applied for 175 in july 2009. Later in november the case officer was allocated in team 3. I was asked to submit form 80 and i did submit that in third week of november.
till now the status is showing all documents required. can any body advise me on the same.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:23 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: no contact by the case officer since december

Originally Posted by yasser
i applied for 175 in july 2009. Later in november the case officer was allocated in team 3. I was asked to submit form 80 and i did submit that in third week of november.
till now the status is showing all documents required. can any body advise me on the same.
You'll have further contact when it is appropriate.
A lot of people in Australia are on holidays from late December through most of January, including people who work for DIAC.
Have a cold beer or two and relax.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

try sending them a PLE.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone has been back at work for a good month now. Very very few people take the school holidays off other than the students and teachers. DIAC definitely don't work around school holidays, but it's kind of irrelevant. Just be patient, when they need or want to contact you they will. Just get on with your current life and don't stress about it.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Everyone has been back at work for a good month now. Very very few people take the school holidays off other than the students and teachers. DIAC definitely don't work around school holidays, but it's kind of irrelevant. Just be patient, when they need or want to contact you they will. Just get on with your current life and don't stress about it.
Hi,
any idea, if one gets 70 days for meds and PCC, then will the application be processed only after 70 days, or do they pick the application in between as well. My medicals are in Referred" status since 29th jan. Whatever timelines i have traced so far, it didn't take more than 2 weeks for meds to finalise.
any pointers will be helpful

tia!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

dong is an unknown quantity at this point

In my case, I am even more frustrated and waiting since oct last year and didn't received any progress update and I am also with team 3.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozmania
Hi,
any idea, if one gets 70 days for meds and PCC, then will the application be processed only after 70 days, or do they pick the application in between as well. My medicals are in Referred" status since 29th jan. Whatever timelines i have traced so far, it didn't take more than 2 weeks for meds to finalise.
any pointers will be helpful

tia!
Ignore the Online Status page. Some COs update the information regularly, most don't. People frequently receive their grant letters whilst the status page reads that they still haven't received certain forms. It's a nonsense system in my book. It's simply not worth checking the status and it can make you go mad!!!!!!

You will hear when you hear and just because others hear before you whilst having applied at the same means nothing. Other peoples time lines are irrelevant because no cases are identical and no COs are identical.

Your future life is in the hands of an outside force so ignore it. Your current life is in your hands - concentrate on that one
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ignore the Online Status page. Some COs update the information regularly, most don't. People frequently receive their grant letters whilst the status page reads that they still haven't received certain forms. It's a nonsense system in my book. It's simply not worth checking the status and it can make you go mad!!!!!!

You will hear when you hear and just because others hear before you whilst having applied at the same means nothing. Other peoples time lines are irrelevant because no cases are identical and no COs are identical.

Your future life is in the hands of an outside force so ignore it. Your current life is in your hands - concentrate on that one
thanks moneypenny20. Honestly, i needed these words to stay sane.
I think the mistake i did was that once my meds turned to referred, i planned quite a few things at my end assumiong that i will get the grant soon... and now the feeling of not being able to pursue my plans is driving me crazy.

anyways thanks again.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by ozmania
thanks moneypenny20. Honestly, i needed these words to stay sane.
I think the mistake i did was that once my meds turned to referred, i planned quite a few things at my end assumiong that i will get the grant soon... and now the feeling of not being able to pursue my plans is driving me crazy.

anyways thanks again.
No worries. Every one of us has been there, done that, itching to get on with our new lives whilst being controlled by outside forces. You can only get on with the usual, otherwise you go balmy
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

Day before Yesterday, DIAC did my Job verification by calling my Manager. Do they do it after all other processing is over? Any idea, how much longer might it take after job verification?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by shuvo27
Day before Yesterday, DIAC did my Job verification by calling my Manager. Do they do it after all other processing is over? Any idea, how much longer might it take after job verification?
As long as that piece of string you kept because it may come in handy one day. They do checks as and when.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

dong is an unknown quantity at this point

oh you are also waiting from this team.

Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

Dong,when were U allocated CO? Why is it that everyone is complaining about team 3. My bad, I am in that team too.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

There is no sense in speculating when case officers will contact people. They are busy working on applications and don't have time to "check in" with all of their case files.

As for which team your application is assigned to, it's not important to your application. It's very likely that teams are assigned based on your country of application, so for example applications from the Indian subcontinent would be assigned to team * where applications from UK are assigned to team #.

Employment verification is done at the time DIAC feels it should be done. It could be the first thing done or the last. Since none of us here works at ASPC there is nobody who can say for sure. And, even if we did work for DIAC nobody could comment on a specific file.

Please people have some patience and realise that your application is being processed and you will have a decision as soon as one is made.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Obviously yet again this will be another thread that goes round and round in circles getting nowhere fast.

Could posters please remember that speculating about timelines and teams etc is pointless and does nothing more than stress everyone out because there are no answers.

Thread closed.