Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Wikiposts

News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Old Sep 18th 2005, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Just thought I would bump this back up
Yes, I don't want our precious thread to be left behind either. We have sent our medicals to Sydney unrequested. Guess it made us feel a bit better, like we were doing something. Still it will be a month or so until we get any sort of request or communication from DIMIA, it seems. And we are 138 so still have to do the AOS bit. I assure myself we'll get some sort of news before the festive season. Winter is setting in here while over there it is Spring and that's hard. Mind you, a tornado touched down in Perth where my sister lives so for once I was glad to be here rather than there. Yikes!

Anne I see you are also in Surrey. We are in the Richmond area.

Fingers crossed for all other June applicants out there.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Hi,

My application was acknowledged on 8th June (CC charged on 6th). Medicals & PCCs have been also sent recently. I expect a 1022 request in 3-4 weeks.
It seems that they start requesting things after 19 weeks.
There is a recent update at austimeline http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=2602
, she got it in 4 months and 6 days. If we are lucky we could get it soon

Cheers,

TB
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Our application went in 14th June 136 skilled ind MODL gen plumber. We had an email from our CO yesterday asking for more information on employment references. They are not specific enough to gain the extra points we need for specific work experience Help!! I was initially pleased to see that we have got a CO already but I am now bricking it in case we can't get the much needed evidence together!

Hi,

Try to get employment references according to the ASCO codes. There is a detailed description about occupations at:

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/free....%2E1997&Latest

Your CO checks in order to compare your references against the standard.

I hope it helps,

Cheers,

TB
Old Sep 18th 2005, 4:04 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibidabo
Hi,

Try to get employment references according to the ASCO codes. There is a detailed description about occupations at:

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/free....%2E1997&Latest

Your CO checks in order to compare your references against the standard.

I hope it helps,

Cheers,

TB
Thanks for that Karma on its way
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by happymum
Yes, I don't want our precious thread to be left behind either. We have sent our medicals to Sydney unrequested. Guess it made us feel a bit better, like we were doing something. Still it will be a month or so until we get any sort of request or communication from DIMIA, it seems. And we are 138 so still have to do the AOS bit. I assure myself we'll get some sort of news before the festive season. Winter is setting in here while over there it is Spring and that's hard. Mind you, a tornado touched down in Perth where my sister lives so for once I was glad to be here rather than there. Yikes!

Anne I see you are also in Surrey. We are in the Richmond area.

Fingers crossed for all other June applicants out there.
Hi happymum. I am in Farnham and I also have a sister out in Perth. Well Rockingham to be more precise. Looks like we will be following a similar trail. We were originally going 138 before they put plumbers on the MODL.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Hi happymum. I am in Farnham and I also have a sister out in Perth. Well Rockingham to be more precise. Looks like we will be following a similar trail. We were originally going 138 before they put plumbers on the MODL.
Ah, that's you, me and Shaz&Dee all with sisters in Perth! Wow what luck to get plumbers on the MODL, you must have been elated! Yours will go much quicker than ours I imagine, being 136 and MODL. You could even be there for Christmas, lucky things!

Fingers crossed we should ALL hear something in October for sure.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by happymum
Ah, that's you, me and Shaz&Dee all with sisters in Perth! Wow what luck to get plumbers on the MODL, you must have been elated! Yours will go much quicker than ours I imagine, being 136 and MODL. You could even be there for Christmas, lucky things!

Fingers crossed we should ALL hear something in October for sure.

Hi All,

I've also got sisters in Perth, two of them!!!!

We are also 136 and MODL, do you really think we could be there for Crimbo!!!
That would be fantastic. I suppose it depends on how long it takes to sell the house. After all the horror stories I've read on here, I'm dreading that bit!!!

Good luck to everyone.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Just thought I would bump this back up
14 weeks on Monday for us
jacqui
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:34 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
14 weeks on Monday for us
jacqui
No news for us yet but have sent off for our police checks and booked meds for 5 October.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:44 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

I've been waiting for a June 05 thread, I'm begining of June but not heard anything other than acknowledgement. Its a waiting game!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:00 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOM
Hi there,
I know it's early days, but it is nice to know who is out there, waiting for news....

Anything happening??

Lets hear from you!
Just got in this evening to find an email...................
....................we've been assigned a CO and she has requested our medicals!!!

We were only acknowledged on 20 June so its 13 weeks today. Typical isn't it, we weren't expecting to hear anything for ages so have only just sent off for our police checks and booked the meds for 5 October thinking we had plenty of time. I'm in a state of shock to be honest!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by The A Team
....................we've been assigned a CO and she has requested our medicals!!!

We were only acknowledged on 20 June so its 13 weeks today. Typical isn't it, we weren't expecting to hear anything for ages so have only just sent off for our police checks and booked the meds for 5 October thinking we had plenty of time. I'm in a state of shock to be honest!
Ooo well done Looks like you will be quicker than us then as we have still to get extra info into them. You must have been very good and ticked all the boxes, crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's. Have they asked for the form 1022 as well? That's the one for no change of circumstances. Our co has asked for that to be sent off with our extra info. Does that mean he is being in a positive frame of mind?
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:12 am
cheeky tart

Ooo well done Looks like you will be quicker than us then as we have still to get extra info into them. You must have been very good and ticked all the boxes, crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's. Have they asked for the form 1022 as well? That's the one for no change of circumstances. Our co has asked for that to be sent off with our extra info. Does that mean he is being in a positive frame of mind?
Yes they have asked for the form 1022 and the latest set of accounts for our business! Luckily I got on to our accountants last week in the light of your CO requesting yours and they should be ready in 2 weeks. I'm just shocked that they're seems to be absolutely no way of second guessing when you're going to be assigned a CO. There seems no pattern at all!! Aaarrgghh I wish I'd front loaded now!!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The A Team

Great news, I wish our were requested today we have the same ack date as you,
hope everything goes well for you
jacqui
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:20 am
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Great news, I wish our were requested today we have the same ack date as you,
hope everything goes well for you
jacqui
OMG and you've front loaded as well haven't you, so you could go straight to visa grant. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll hear something soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.