Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future
Default Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

Originally Posted by GurpreetSandhu
Wow!!! Congratulations Sel, Now it should b my turn.

Thanx Michelle for your concerns, and everyone else for your support in these tough times.

For everyone to know, after the telephone enquiry with my HR department on Sept 27th, AHC staff made two visits to my work place. Once they visited the wrong address (a sub office of our company) and then they again visited the actual place of my work 10 days back.

I don't know how much it will take for them to take a final decision now.

Regards

Gurpreet
DIMIA has started working again... I saw one got it on austimeline today and one medical request...... It will be eight months tomorrow..... Any news for you Milindbe....

Gurpreet
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

milindbe will become famous soon enoughmilindbe will become famous soon enough

DIMIA has started working again... I saw one got it on austimeline today and one medical request...... It will be eight months tomorrow..... Any news for you Milindbe....

Gurpreet
yes, some news..

YUP, We received it TODAY!!!
I can't believe it, had to leave from office early since i could not think anything rational no longer.. Just wonderful way to start a New Year!!

Gurpreet, trust me, you will be next!!
Just hang in there for little more...
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:39 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

many congrats to you,

hang on in there gurpreet there cant be much else left for DIMIA to do but grant now.
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by sel
I didn't expect to hear anything until the new year but we "got it" yesterday

You will be next Gurpreet !!!! hang in there mate
Old Jan 4th 2006, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by milindbe
yes, some news..

I can't believe it, had to leave from office early since i could not think anything rational no longer.. Just wonderful way to start a New Year!!

Congratulation!
When do you want to go?
Old Jan 4th 2006, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

milindbe will become famous soon enoughmilindbe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tibidabo
Congratulation!
When do you want to go?
Want to, today!

..can go, only after giving notice to office, arranging sutff, early spring hopefully.. I've heard that might also be a good time to settle in Australia (Brisbane)...
Old Jan 4th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Want to, today!

..can go, only after giving notice to office, arranging sutff, early spring hopefully.. I've heard that might also be a good time to settle in Australia (Brisbane)...
Yesterday I bought the tickets so I am going to Sydney on 31st January. I could have gone earlier, but my wife wanted to go skiing with her parents one more time.
Brisbane is a good place all year.
How do you fly? I use Austrian Airlines as it has a direct flight from Vienna to Sydney, so it stops only for refueling in Kuala Lumpur. Though it doesn't fly to Brisbane.

Last edited by tibidabo; Jan 4th 2006 at 1:14 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

yes, some news..

WOW!!! Many Congratulations, really happy for you... can u share how does it feel to get the visa after 8 months lol..... Now it has given me some hope .... I am next I know......

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

WOW!!! Many Congratulations, really happy for you... can u share how does it feel to get the visa after 8 months lol..... Now it has given me some hope .... I am next I know......

Regards

Gurpreet
keeping everything crossed for you
jacqui
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

kerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nice
Unhappy Re: News from April/May 2005- 136 Skilled Visa Applicants!!!!

I'm in a similar time line as you Gurpreet. I am MODL (a nurse) and our application began in May 2005, our PCCs were requested November and sent Nov 22nd but we have heard nothing since.

I sent PCCs and medicals months before and they were all clear but i forgot daughters PCC which were sent Nov along with my and husbands 2nd PCCs
(1st set would have ran out Feb2006).

So like many we wait...................but are getting alittle worried now as house contracts are due to be signed very soon and my notice at work finishes in 1 week!

Kerry
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:28 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kerryinuk
I'm in a similar time line as you Gurpreet. I am MODL (a nurse) and our application began in May 2005, our PCCs were requested November and sent Nov 22nd but we have heard nothing since.

I sent PCCs and medicals months before and they were all clear but i forgot daughters PCC which were sent Nov along with my and husbands 2nd PCCs
(1st set would have ran out Feb2006).

So like many we wait...................but are getting alittle worried now as house contracts are due to be signed very soon and my notice at work finishes in 1 week!

Kerry

kerry

is it worth you sending a polite email??

as a nurse, surley you should have had it long before now........

just an idea

keep me posted

manda (off nursing forum)
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

kerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nicekerryinuk is just really nice

Thought long and hard about sending another email but i don't wish to push our luck, CO may think we are being really pushy! i really don't know what to do?
Maybe if i email her and say as a nurse Ive noticed others in this profession have received their visa i could ask if there is a problem? Or i could go with my feelings and tell her i am in-titled to a response of some sort, and ask if she has a heart or not! ( joking really )
Or do i keep my mouth shut and continue to wait...............

views welcome

Kerry x
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:56 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought long and hard about sending another email but i don't wish to push our luck, CO may think we are being really pushy! i really don't know what to do?
Maybe if i email her and say as a nurse Ive noticed others in this profession have received their visa i could ask if there is a problem? Or i could go with my feelings and tell her i am in-titled to a response of some sort, and ask if she has a heart or not! ( joking really )

views welcome

Kerry x

kerry

personally i would send a very polite and very sorry for writing email.........
but thats just my personal opinion!! and others may have different views???

you have been waiting ages, and you are right, nurses seem to get theirs quicker............

if you look on garys timeline (nursing one) you are the only one waiting....... and there are plenty after you that have had their visa , you never know a friendly email may prompt them to look at your file...........................keep me posted with what you do

mand
Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

views welcome

Kerry x
Hi! Kerry,

Wecome to the thread... I would suggest you to send an email, asking if the documents have been received, or by just saying that "this is just to inform you that the documents asked by you were sent on such an such date". and you can also politely ask if they need anything else and how much more time its going to take.

regards

Gurpreet

Last edited by GurpreetSandhu; Jan 5th 2006 at 1:51 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks guys for your options and yes i think a nice email may just help. So i will let you know if i hear any response from CO.

Kerry
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:50 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

We haven't heard anything from them in 7 months, still waiting for a CO (non MODL). Sent an e-mail about a month ago but no reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.