Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Newbie to the site info required on what my chances could be

Newbie to the site info required on what my chances could be

Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

rocket1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie to the site info required on what my chances could be

Hi All,
Have read loads and now know quite a few people going off to Perth & Adelaide. They are all builders, plumbers etc.
I am a bookkeeper currently working for a corporate lawyers in London for the past 10 years (legal cashiering for 5 of those).
I am 36 my Husband is 48 (he is a house husband and cares for our 2 boys age 4 & 7).
Does anyone know if it is worth going forward or do I need to be a fully qualified accountant along with so many years experience to at least get a look in?
We would have approx £150,000.00 to go with also are bookkeeper or anything in that line (legal cashiering) in demand, any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Ronniekent
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:56 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbie to the site info required on what my chances could be

have you tried contacting an agent for a free assessment? Some charge you but alot dont. theres plenty of threads about agents on here if your unsure what to do x
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:52 pm
Come on down...........

a and ts mum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie to the site info required on what my chances could be

Originally Posted by rocket1971
Hi All,
Have read loads and now know quite a few people going off to Perth & Adelaide. They are all builders, plumbers etc.
I am a bookkeeper currently working for a corporate lawyers in London for the past 10 years (legal cashiering for 5 of those).
I am 36 my Husband is 48 (he is a house husband and cares for our 2 boys age 4 & 7).
Does anyone know if it is worth going forward or do I need to be a fully qualified accountant along with so many years experience to at least get a look in?
We would have approx £150,000.00 to go with also are bookkeeper or anything in that line (legal cashiering) in demand, any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Ronniekent

Have a look on immi.gov.au, you will find, after playing around for a while, the MODL (in demand list) and the SOL (occupation list) I'm sure bookkeeper isn't on there but I think I have seen legal cashiering (or something similar). You must be qualified with recent experience, you can also do your points score on there.

I would, as already advised, speak to an agent even if it's just to find out where you stand.

Good luck!