Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Newbie - question re visa sponsorship from SA

Wikiposts

Newbie - question re visa sponsorship from SA

Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:26 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbie - question re visa sponsorship from SA

I found the SA form easier than the WA form....................the only thing with the SA form was getting someone to sign and stamp the financial assets page, cause i didn't want to pay £40 for a notary public In the end, after receiving some very good advise from another BE member, i called in to the Halifax and they did it for free
Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Basty
Oh right - wierd isn't it, you would have thought that they would all be the same from state to state!!!
Something else to confuse us all with then hey

Completely different Basty - the SA form was really easy compared to the WA one.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Completely different Basty - the SA form was really easy compared to the WA one.
Well I always make my life difficult - not by choice mind
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Basty
Well I always make my life difficult - not by choice mind

That makes two of us!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
That makes two of us!!!!
Seems to me like we are 2 peas in a pod
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

sambagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Hi, have you been to any recruitment expo's? If you take your c.v and have a skill they are recruiting for there is a good chance you may be offered a job with relocation package on temporary 457 (pro and cons) and they can get you there in 2/3 months. I am speaking from experience as we went to the one in Manchester last week.
Hi jollyswagman,

Which was the one in Manchester?? I didn't hear about that one Gutting as Im just down the road! I haven't been to any, and was unfortunately too late in attending the one this weekend in London but Im strongly considering going to the one during the second weekend in April (again London). I'm just really concerned because I think my relevant work experience might start to expire at the end of May, so if I don't submit my final application before then I may have lost out on the chance of a 475 altogether.

But I would definitely consider the 457. I hope this expo will be along the lines of the one you went to, would be good to feel there really is some hope of me getting there!!! lol

Thanks for the info
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sambagirl
Hi jollyswagman,

Which was the one in Manchester?? I didn't hear about that one Gutting as Im just down the road! I haven't been to any, and was unfortunately too late in attending the one this weekend in London but Im strongly considering going to the one during the second weekend in April (again London). I'm just really concerned because I think my relevant work experience might start to expire at the end of May, so if I don't submit my final application before then I may have lost out on the chance of a 475 altogether.

But I would definitely consider the 457. I hope this expo will be along the lines of the one you went to, would be good to feel there really is some hope of me getting there!!! lol

Thanks for the info
Sambagirl

There's an expo in Leeds the weekend before the London one, 5th to 6th.
I guess that's closer for you. Have a look at this http://www.workingin-australia.com/ although I've tried to buy tickets in advance and can't get it to work.

Charlene
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:41 am

We should've gone to the one in Manchester last October, but having read really bad reports on here, we decided not to bother. Not sure if that was a good decision or not
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Sambagirl

I guess that's closer for you. Have a look at this http://www.workingin-australia.com/ although I've tried to buy tickets in advance and can't get it to work.

Charlene
Hey Charlene,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I can't make that one, which would have been great as haven't been back to Leeds since I graduated from there! If anything changes and I can go, I'll send you a PM and maybe we can meet up Hope you manage to get your tickets ok
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Sambagirl

Charlene
Hi Charlene,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I can't make this one, which is a real shame as I haven't been back to Leeds since I graduated from there in 2005 But if anything changes Ill PM you and if you want we can meet up. Might be good to share thoughts and ideas

Hope you manage to get your tickets soon!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

We just thought we'd go and make our own mind up. I've read a lot of threads about them too so I'm going with an open mind.
I think it's porbably the wrong time in the process for us at the moment (only just sent off skills assessment, hoping to get visa app in before end of March) but if I can pick up some useful info then I guess it will be worth it.
I looked at the outlind for the London one but decided to not make the trip 'cos it was too far and it looked like it was trying to cover too many countries in one go, Leeds is Australia only.
I have heard the rumours of everyone taking their CV's and just trying to get the fast ticket in via sponsorship and although I'll take mine, I don't expect a miracle job offer as I don't do a job that an employer would wait 6 month for me to get there
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:09 am

We just thought we'd go and make our own mind up. I've read a lot of threads about them too so I'm going with an open mind.
I think it's porbably the wrong time in the process for us at the moment (only just sent off skills assessment, hoping to get visa app in before end of March) but if I can pick up some useful info then I guess it will be worth it.
I looked at the outlind for the London one but decided to not make the trip 'cos it was too far and it looked like it was trying to cover too many countries in one go, Leeds is Australia only.
I have heard the rumours of everyone taking their CV's and just trying to get the fast ticket in via sponsorship and although I'll take mine, I don't expect a miracle job offer as I don't do a job that an employer would wait 6 month for me to get there

I think you're doing the right thing. My OH talked me out of going, i don't think he wanted to spend the £15 a head

Good luck when you go - let us know how you got on.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi, if you look on the website which was listed on this thread for Leeds and Manchester there is a contact email and they will advise you of which if any companys are recruiting in your area of work. I have to say the \Manchester Expo was not very well advertised and was very quiet on the day, however we were lucky to have been offered employment by mouth at the expo and have had follow up email, we are now waiting for email as to what time and date impending phone interview will be!! Am getting impatient now they said it would be this week so fingers crossed. We took copys of cv and attached passport photos which they were impressed with the idea of that (Thanks British Expats for tip). If i can help at all please let me know!
Also if you go on a 457 you may be able to claim lafha if you still have investments in uk!