Newbie in need of help.

Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Rapid1980paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbie in need of help.

yes it was a test just to check if i should apply and where i stood. Also how am i meant to prove my trade if i used to work for a company 10 years ago and there not going anymore as that accounted for 3 years, i will be sitting down tonight with the biggest cup of tea you have ever seen and going through all the info you guys have kindly given me so tomorrow my head will be a little clearer and i will have a direct plan of action, just hard when you have a 3 year old jumping all over the place.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rapid1980paul
Any other advise from anyone with regards to my other questions would be appreicated, i have done an online skills test and had just enough points and from what i am told by embassy all i need to do is send my EOI in the first instance and wait to see if i get a reply.

i just need help in finding out where i can get my skills assessed and if theres anywhere in UK so i can get my EOI sent off ASAP in order to be invited to apply which isnt guaranteed for anyone anyway.

So im told my first point of call is to send EOI but wante to clarify the questions in original post before i submit it. I understand theres a wealth of info on emmigration website but speaking to others who have 'been there and done that' is also beneficial.

Paul
The embassy is not where you should be going for advice. You need to sit down with that link I provided you earlier and do some reading. Everything you need to do, including links to skills lists and where to do things like skills assessments, IELTS, etc.

You can certainly lodge an EOI without your skills assessment, but as Has been said you cannot lodge a valid application without it. Do some reading and if you still have questions tomorrow come back and ask away. In the meantime, though get reading.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

wow i wasnt taught in school to right ' I MUST ' in capitals, world has gone mad or was i just not educated correctly. thanks for the heads up.
Sarcasm really is unwarranted when people are just trying to be helpful.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:35 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for reply, yes im kind of against sending it before i have found out the facts, as was told i have 60 days to provide proof ect once been invited i was worried about loosing the 5 points for reaching 33 before getting invited but all i can do is follow the process and wait like everyone else what will be will be, i mean theres plenty of people that emmigrate after there 33 and are skilled tradesman so what constitutes more points than the next man/ woman apart from experience. No you have to have proof you have a valid assessment AT TIME OF INVITATION, your invitation to apply will be open for 60 days to submit your visa application.

Im still confused about the skills assesment, are they online things or something because had look on link you posted and there all based in oz?
I would check the link provided by old.sparkles, my occupation uses a different assessing authority so I only had to submit certified copies of my degree. Others may require you to sit a practical or submit references, portfolios, etc.

Also the IELTS test is that online or are there test centres in UK, i honestly dont know if its just me but i cant find specific info anywhere. The IELTS is written in person, you will need to pre-register and take your passport with you to the test. If you click on the link one of the buttons says 'Find my nearest test centre' to find your nearest test centre and testing date
Hi, have answered your questions in red.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sarcasm really is unwarranted when people are just trying to be helpful.
Hi thanks for your help and im sorry you managed to take my comment out of context, with out wanting to get into a big debate out of curiosity how did you manage to read any sarcasm with in what i wrote? if any sarcasm was intended it was not towards the person that advised that the words ' I must ' should be written as ' I MUST ' am i missing something here as i was not taught to write MUST in capitals hence my comment the worlds gone crazy, if i am worng then i hold my school accountable. This was my point on that particular comment.

Also i appreciate everyones help and would never mock or make sarcastic remarks to ANYONE who is trying to help me but what you need to understand yourself is that not everyone knows the process and sometimes when entering a life changing decision it is nice to speak to people that explain things in non political mannor than scoping through countless amount of pages searching for a needle in a haystack.

I asked a few questions looking for quick answers to put my mind at rest, im fully aware that with a few spare hours i can find out the info myself however that goes for everyone doesnt it? in that case there would be no british expats.com site.

Like i said i appreciate yours and others help just wanted to clear a few things up.

thanks

Paul

Last edited by Rapid1980paul; Mar 4th 2013 at 7:10 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Hi, have answered your questions in red.
thanks msmyrtle

I am spending tonight going through all the links people have advised me to visit, if i still have question tomorrow would you be happy to help me further.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

hope you're getting your head around it all ..just to say, yes you misunderstood a bit of what Mikelincs was saying. He was just pointing out that the word "I" should always (MUST) be written as a capital letter ( this matters because of IELTS). He didn't mean "must" should be written in capitals lol- read his post through again now. Good luck!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by campervanfan
hope you're getting your head around it all ..just to say, yes you misunderstood a bit of what Mikelincs was saying. He was just pointing out that the word "I" should always (MUST) be written as a capital letter ( this matters because of IELTS). He didn't mean "must" should be written in capitals lol- read his post through again now. Good luck!
Oh lol yes i see now, i was questioning my literature skills after reading it the first time haha thanks for putting me straight. No not really getting my head around the process, just been on the link someone gave me with regards to the skills assessment, still not clear lol i cant seem to find any info on there where it says a clear breakdown of the process, even the price structure contradicts itself as i worked out for each step the total would be the equivalent of £3500 then on application forms $650, im guessing you pay for each step seperatly. im going back to the site now to read it all again, i think im looking for a part that says ' paul you can get your skills assessed in the uk ' clearly not going to find that though. Its just full of alot of mumbo jumbo when all they need to do it say it like it is ' if your not living in australia you need to do X Y and Z ' i have emailed them 3 times over last 2 weeks and not one reply so im just going to phone them tomorrow night be worth paying £10 in phone calls to get what i need answered i think. I need to move forward fast. i oops I think that will be best. just for the record none of my comments are being sarcastic towards anyone im just a joker at times and cant always aplogise if people take things out of context, its not my intention to offend anyone. Just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited by Rapid1980paul; Mar 4th 2013 at 8:23 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I gather it's possible to have an agent help you in certain stages rather than the whole process . It might be worth considering this to get you through the skills stage which would help time-wise. make sure they are mARA registered.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by campervanfan
I gather it's possible to have an agent help you in certain stages rather than the whole process . It might be worth considering this to get you through the skills stage which would help time-wise. make sure they are mARA registered.
Hi yes i think your right, will make some calls tomorrow and check out prices, my friend went that route few years ago was told 1 price paid £2500 told wouldnt cost more than £4000 in total then they demanded more money to complete process obviosuly they had no choice but to pay it, they got to oz but if a company says it cost x and then 6 months want £2k more i dont have it just to spare, i would need a max stop figure.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lol yes i see now, i was questioning my literature skills after reading it the first time haha thanks for putting me straight. No not really getting my head around the process, just been on the link someone gave me with regards to the skills assessment, still not clear lol i cant seem to find any info on there where it says a clear breakdown of the process, even the price structure contradicts itself as i worked out for each step the total would be the equivalent of £3500 then on application forms $650, im guessing you pay for each step seperatly. im going back to the site now to read it all again, i think im looking for a part that says ' paul you can get your skills assessed in the uk ' clearly not going to find that though. Its just full of alot of mumbo jumbo when all they need to do it say it like it is ' if your not living in australia you need to do X Y and Z ' i have emailed them 3 times over last 2 weeks and not one reply so im just going to phone them tomorrow night be worth paying £10 in phone calls to get what i need answered i think. I need to move forward fast. i oops I think that will be best. just for the record none of my comments are being sarcastic towards anyone im just a joker at times and cant always aplogise if people take things out of context, its not my intention to offend anyone. Just wanted to clear that up.
Paul,

I'm sorry you feel so lost - I thought the outline of the process on the vetassess site was pretty clear. As a plumber you need to do a self evaluation to see if your skills cover those expected of a plumber in Australia - this is done on the tradeset website. When you have completed that you can start completing the forms for submission to vetassess for the assessment of your qualifications, training and employment. If that is successful, then you can carry out the practical assessment in the UK (you should find a title on the left that says 'In country assessment'. If you click on that it will take you to a page that lists dates and locations of assessments outside of Australia and the skills that can be assessed at those times - plumbers can be assessed for their practical skills on April 27th provided the other steps have been completed and payment made by 12th April. Dates for later in the year will be added later.

Payment for skills assessment is done in stages - you do not need to pay for tradeset, assessment of training etc $600 or $650 + GST depending on method chosen, and finally the practical assessment $1500 + GST (This is pathway 1 - no Australian qualifications for licensed trade which means practical assessment).

It is a good idea to have a read through the site, as well as the skill select site, so you have an understanding of the process. If you are unsure, ask as many questions as needed and as advised, you can always employ an agent to ensure that you take the correct path otherwise you could spend a lot of money with nothing at the end.

Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

wow i wasnt taught in school to right ' I MUST ' in capitals, world has gone mad or was i just not educated correctly. thanks for the heads up.
It wasn't I MUST, but a comment that the word 'I' must be written in capitals, the MUST was just to emphasise that popint, sorry if you saw otherwise.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It wasn't I MUST, but a comment that the word 'I' must be written in capitals, the MUST was just to emphasise that popint, sorry if you saw otherwise.
Hi mikelincs yes someone else pointed that out lol my mistake, one good thing that has come out of it is I am now conciously correcting 'i' everytime I type it now so extra points for me wasnt having a dig at you as someone suggested but i thought they expected I MUST to be capitalised lol hense my comment the worlds gone mad, thought there was a grammer change i wasnt aware of lol im clearly coming accross really thick tonight but im finding the whole process as information overload at the moment with so much info to take in. I think your all right i need to take time over the next week to sit down and read everything slowly. i was panicking because i loose 5 points in 3 months for reaching 33 but now im being realistic and understand theres no way in hell im going to complete both test in time and get invited to apply with in 3 months.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Paul,

I'm sorry you feel so lost - I thought the outline of the process on the vetassess site was pretty clear. As a plumber you need to do a self evaluation to see if your skills cover those expected of a plumber in Australia - this is done on the tradeset website. When you have completed that you can start completing the forms for submission to vetassess for the assessment of your qualifications, training and employment. If that is successful, then you can carry out the practical assessment in the UK (you should find a title on the left that says 'In country assessment'. If you click on that it will take you to a page that lists dates and locations of assessments outside of Australia and the skills that can be assessed at those times - plumbers can be assessed for their practical skills on April 27th provided the other steps have been completed and payment made by 12th April. Dates for later in the year will be added later.

Payment for skills assessment is done in stages - you do not need to pay for tradeset, assessment of training etc $600 or $650 + GST depending on method chosen, and finally the practical assessment $1500 + GST (This is pathway 1 - no Australian qualifications for licensed trade which means practical assessment).

It is a good idea to have a read through the site, as well as the skill select site, so you have an understanding of the process. If you are unsure, ask as many questions as needed and as advised, you can always employ an agent to ensure that you take the correct path otherwise you could spend a lot of money with nothing at the end.

Good luck
Hi old.sprakles

thankd for your help, only feeling lost with it all because its like information overload at the moment, its difficult when you have to take in so much info at once but your right i need to take time to study the info and links people have supplied and fully understand the process. with regards to prices on vetassess i worked it out to cost £3500 for the 4 stages but will re check that. im glad you have answered my question about can i get assesed in UK.

I would go through a company to deal with but i have heard horror storys from people, paying a set price then halway through being told to pay another £1000 here and £1000 there. Im sure once i have got my head around the process il be more than capable of sorting myself. Although im coming accross a little thick tonight im not usually lol. Just outside my comfort zone on this one until im a little clearer on things.

thanks for your help and il hold you to the more questions part lol as im sure i will have a few more
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi old.sprakles

thankd for your help, only feeling lost with it all because its like information overload at the moment, its difficult when you have to take in so much info at once but your right i need to take time to study the info and links people have supplied and fully understand the process. with regards to prices on vetassess i worked it out to cost £3500 for the 4 stages but will re check that. im glad you have answered my question about can i get assesed in UK.

I would go through a company to deal with but i have heard horror storys from people, paying a set price then halway through being told to pay another £1000 here and £1000 there. Im sure once i have got my head around the process il be more than capable of sorting myself. Although im coming accross a little thick tonight im not usually lol. Just outside my comfort zone on this one until im a little clearer on things.

thanks for your help and il hold you to the more questions part lol as im sure i will have a few more
Hi Paul,

The prices given are for the skills assessment only. Within each stage, although there are different options, eg technical interview and practical assessment, you only do one depending on the skill being assessed. So you pay the $1500 + GST for the practical assessment at stage 3 as plumbing is a licensed trade.

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.