British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   New SOL and points test Released Effective 1st July, 2011 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/new-sol-points-test-released-effective-1st-july-2011-a-719755/)

wayne and tegan Jul 10th 2011 10:53 pm

Re: New SOL and points test Released Effective 1st July, 2011

:( we cant believe it, so so so gutted... i quit my very well paid trucking job to train and work as a vehicle body repairer just to get to oz

I started working in a bodyshop as a vehicle body repairer back in feb 2010, the previous year i did a level 2 at college that got me the job.

Currently working towards the level 3 and gaining the work experience,

What are the chances of the list changing in our favour in the next couple of years?

Pollyana Jul 11th 2011 11:39 am

Originally Posted by wayne and tegan (Post 9487227)
:( we cant believe it, so so so gutted... i quit my very well paid trucking job to train and work as a vehicle body repairer just to get to oz

I started working in a bodyshop as a vehicle body repairer back in feb 2010, the previous year i did a level 2 at college that got me the job.

Currently working towards the level 3 and gaining the work experience,

What are the chances of the list changing in our favour in the next couple of years?

Unfortunately no-one can predict when the list will change again. Over the years every change thats happened has been at short (or no) notice.

raochennuri Aug 7th 2011 11:11 am

Thanks!

rajasekar Aug 14th 2011 6:43 am

Hi all. I have applied to Engineers Australia for assessment. applied on 25-Mar-2011 and got a reply from assessment officer advising to send some additional documents. I have already send the documents to assessment officer.I may get my assessment outcome in couple of weeks.Now my doubt is that, in the new points test system DIAC has mentioned 5 points for 3 yr work experience in SOL (overseas). So is it mandatory to get assessment for our work experience also.
:confused:

ROMFT_WO2RN Aug 14th 2011 7:24 am

Originally Posted by rajasekar (Post 9558080)
Hi all. I have applied to Engineers Australia for assessment. applied on 25-Mar-2011 and got a reply from assessment officer advising to send some additional documents. I have already send the documents to assessment officer.I may get my assessment outcome in couple of weeks.Now my doubt is that, in the new points test system DIAC has mentioned 5 points for 3 yr work experience in SOL (overseas). So is it mandatory to get assessment for our work experience also.
:confused:

you provide that evidence with your application and your CO, when assigned, will assess that.

rajasekar Aug 14th 2011 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9558148)
you provide that evidence with your application and your CO, when assigned, will assess that.

Thanks for that reply.. Is it required to lodge a new application. In my case its in final stage of assessment. Shall i mail my assessor and ask about appending the documents for additional assessment. Does anyone have done this process?. Any idea how long this process takes?

ROMFT_WO2RN Aug 14th 2011 10:01 am

Originally Posted by rajasekar (Post 9558311)
Thanks for that reply.. Is it required to lodge a new application. In my case its in final stage of assessment. Shall i mail my assessor and ask about appending the documents for additional assessment. Does anyone have done this process?. Any idea how long this process takes?

are you talking about EA or DIAC?

rajasekar Aug 14th 2011 10:08 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN (Post 9558354)
are you talking about EA or DIAC?

Engineers australia Skills assessment. I have lodged application on 25-Mar-11, assessor advised to send additional certified true copies on 19-Jul-11. I have send the requested documents on 5-Aug-11.

ROMFT_WO2RN Aug 14th 2011 10:31 am

Originally Posted by rajasekar (Post 9558372)
Engineers australia Skills assessment. I have lodged application on 25-Mar-11, assessor advised to send additional certified true copies on 19-Jul-11. I have send the requested documents on 5-Aug-11.

if you've sent what they asked for then no need for a new application.

DIAC will then also assess your experience/job description claims when you are assigned a CO - at some point in the future. :)