New SOL

Old Jul 31st 2010, 10:44 am
Banned

mmohd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New SOL

Hi,

I have a query on the new SOL. I received my Result letter from ACS in June and now applying for a review of my application. I saw the new SOL list with ANZSCO code and I am little confused there. I am from India and IT professional with 4+ years of experience in system administration. Which shcedule am I suppose to check (schedule1/2/3/4). Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default Re: New SOL

Originally Posted by mmohd
Hi,

I have a query on the new SOL. I received my Result letter from ACS in June and now applying for a review of my application. I saw the new SOL list with ANZSCO code and I am little confused there. I am from India and IT professional with 4+ years of experience in system administration. Which shcedule am I suppose to check (schedule1/2/3/4). Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks
New applicants after 1 July only need to look at Schedule 3 for independent applications.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:18 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New SOL

Originally Posted by mmohd
Hi,

Thanks
Schedule 1 = Old SOL with old (ANSO) codes that does not exist anymore
Schedule 2 = Old SOL with new (ANZCO) codes that applies only to those going under transitional arrangements ( i.e. students in Australia holding certain type of visas of 8th Feb when announcement was made)
Schedule 3 = New SOL applicable to all applicants including you
Schedule 4 = Old SOL now called as State and Territory SOL.. when SMP will be announced, it will contain occupations from this list..

Ref: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

In short.... you check list 3... if your occupation is not there and it is in schedule 4, then you have to wait for SMP to be announced and see if you get lucky and your occupation becomes part of SMP....

Hope that helps...