New Shorter Processing Times on the way?

Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Shorter Processing Times on the way?

This from Go Matilda (thanks Alan)
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=305

"Skilled Processing Generally
- The Skilled Processing Centre intends to encourage the front end loading of all offshore applications (ie applications under subclass numbers 134, 136, 137, 138, and 139)

- It is intended that all such applications will also be assessed within seven days of receipt in Adelaide. The acknowledgement of receipt of the visa application will then be despatched within that same timeframe with a request for the lodgement of any
outstanding documentation"

That certainly sounds brilliant news. I wonder how long it'll take to get to that stage (ie clearing enough applications from the system to allow for such quick processing).
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Shorter Processing Times on the way?

Originally posted by marco121068

- The Skilled Processing Centre intends to encourage the front end loading of all offshore applications (ie applications under subclass numbers 134, 136, 137, 138, and 139)

- It is intended that all such applications will also be assessed within seven days of receipt in Adelaide. The acknowledgement of receipt of the visa application will then be despatched within that same timeframe with a request for the lodgement of any

That certainly sounds brilliant news. I wonder how long it'll take to get to that stage (ie clearing enough applications from the system to allow for such quick processing).

i just read that on alans sight and was wondering the following. I am sending off my skilled indep 136 visa on june 28th. does this now mean that i front load it? what does front loading mean? does it mean put your medicals and police checks in with the app? if so do i arrange to get them now , so i can my front loaded app sent off next week.
thinking about it though, should i just send my 136 visa off as it is, and then send the rest when it all comes through
cheers for any help

hope this news mean that app will go through quickly. hope so, i want to get to oz asap.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:00 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by threlly
i just read that on alans sight and was wondering the following. I am sending off my skilled indep 136 visa on june 28th. does this now mean that i front load it? what does front loading mean? does it mean put your medicals and police checks in with the app? if so do i arrange to get them now , so i can my front loaded app sent off next week.
thinking about it though, should i just send my 136 visa off as it is, and then send the rest when it all comes through
cheers for any help

hope this news mean that app will go through quickly. hope so, i want to get to oz asap.
How does this affect existing applications?

Does this potentially mean that new applications (say for a subclass 136) in the new migration year will effectively "overtake" exisiting applications from the previous migration year?

Interesting though...
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:03 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
How does this affect existing applications?

Does this potentially mean that new applications (say for a subclass 136) in the new migration year will effectively "overtake" exisiting applications from the previous migration year?

Interesting though...

very interesting

I agree - will new apps over take old apps
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:03 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Oh my god this tension is killing me.
I am also concernce how about the applications that are submitted till now will they be processed early.

Hmmmmmm
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

cheers for any help

Threlly ...
Now don't take this advice ... as it may be horribly wrong, and bite us in the bum .

We have front loaded (Skilled Independant - wife is a nurse) Police checks (req and back), meds (they have been sent by doc straight to DIMIA), so we're just awaiting skills assessment, which is taking the longest ....
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ecando
Threlly ...
Now don't take this advice ... as it may be horribly wrong, and bite us in the bum .

We have front loaded (Skilled Independant - wife is a nurse) Police checks (req and back), meds (they have been sent by doc straight to DIMIA), so we're just awaiting skills assessment, which is taking the longest ....

i thought you could only send off your app when u had received your positive skills assessment - or have i read this wrong and u are front-loading and sending your app when u get your skills assessment
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:44 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

i thought you could only send off your app when u had received your positive skills assessment - or have i read this wrong and u are front-loading and sending your app when u get your skills assessment
I have to concur with your thoughts.

I was told before applying that two essential things to provide are (a) valid application and (b) positive skills assessment.

Have I missed something?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

shaz777 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there

are you saying that you have posted your skills test, meds and police report and are waiting for the visa now?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Threlly ...

Missed a bit off ... we haven't yet sent the app, we're awaiting the skills assessment to come back ... but everything else is ready to go ...
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

shaz777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ecando
Sorry Threlly ...

Missed a bit off ... we haven't yet sent the app, we're awaiting the skills assessment to come back ... but everything else is ready to go ...
Hope long do you think you will have to wait now?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by shaz777
Hope long do you think you will have to wait now?
Hi Shaz ...

The skills assessment is to ANC (Nursing Council) and the process is 6-8 weeks. CC debited 19th May. Expected date is 9th July ...

Then send off the visa ... MODL skills is 4-6 months
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

sylviacrt is an unknown quantity at this point

Could Alan give an advice to those who already have the 'regular' 136 application lodged?

Should we do our medicals and send them asap?

How long will they take to grant the Visa after that 'express' assessment?
How will DIMIA set the entry dates in this new schema?

Are these timing details already defined?

Thanks a lot !!!
Sylvia.

- It is intended that all such applications will also be assessed within seven days of receipt in Adelaide.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:48 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Please understand that I perceive these changes are more of a "wish list" on the part of the Skilled Processing Centre than definite changes => I would recommend that you make no changes to the timing of the lodgement of your documents (eg medicals) at the moment.

In other words I would usually recommend that you don't send the results of medicals and police reports until you are advised to do so by your case officer, or by your migration agent.

Best regards.

Originally posted by sylviacrt
Could Alan give an advice to those who already have the 'regular' 136 application lodged?

Should we do our medicals and send them asap?

How long will they take to grant the Visa after that 'express' assessment?
How will DIMIA set the entry dates in this new schema?

Are these timing details already defined?

Thanks a lot !!!
Sylvia.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

sylviacrt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alan for your answer!!!!!
Sylvia.