New MODL List

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Ahmas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New MODL List

Originally Posted by ritu1234
Dear friends
Thanks for original poster...
The new MODL, which is expected to be announced next month (November), the Minister can specify that

(a) a certain occupation will be considered a MODL occupation for a specific visa class,. Say, only for Class VB, onshore Skilled (Residence) visas
(b) a specific occupation will be considered a MODL occupation for a specific visa subclass within a visa class, say, for subclass 176 (state sponsored) only within visa class VE
(c) an occupation will be a MODL occupation by reference to specific characteristic like requiring applicant to have proficient English. (say the occupation Accountant with IELTS score of 7 or more)

The effective date of 22nd September suggests that we may expect the above mentioned details and characteristics for MODL occupations in the new MODL to be announced soon.

Also, I wont be surprised if the CSL, which we understood from previous announcement is to be phased out, is built into the new MODL, at least for some occupations.

I am sure the migration agents who visit this forum will be able to give further valuable input on this.

November is not far away. Hope we will get answers to many of our queries soon.
Australian Immigration - Legislation Change Update

Ritu
how did you know that the new MODL will be announced in NOV?

I don't think you are right. As mentioned by one of migration agents posting here , the final suggestion of the new MODL will be given to the minster in December, so the expected time for changes may be early next year.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

if my current occupation is in CSL, and new MODL removes my occupation,

in that situation, will it affect my current subclass 175 application ?

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:19 am
Just Joined

OlegT will become famous soon enoughOlegT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by whtzau
if my current occupation is in CSL, and new MODL removes my occupation,

in that situation, will it affect my current subclass 175 application ?

Yes, it will
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

for the new MODL, will CO assess applicants' documents and condition based on the time when applicants lodge for visa pplcation ?

is there anyone could give comment for my concern ? thanks.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ahmas
how did you know that the new MODL will be announced in NOV?

I don't think you are right. As mentioned by one of migration agents posting here , the final suggestion of the new MODL will be given to the minster in December, so the expected time for changes may be early next year.
Hey Hey halt for the minutes, Ritu is saying Nov, u r saying December or next year, who is right, is this all written anywhere, can any one give the exact date of revised MODL or we all just guessing
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:25 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

accept my speculation, i think by the end of this month
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OlegT
Yes, it will
No , you are not right. it would be up to the minster decision. even DIAC heads don't know at the moment.

dears,

We have to stop spreading panic. My agent told me that there is nothing confirmed at the moment. nobody can tell what will the new MODL include or exclude.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by jovipk
we all just guessing
Yes thats the answer hope u got it now...

when DIAC can change priority list on Sep 23 without letting any one know...do u really think DIAC has communicated the exact date of MODL phase out? and its consequences?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jovipk
Hey Hey halt for the minutes, Ritu is saying Nov, u r saying December or next year, who is right, is this all written anywhere, can any one give the exact date of revised MODL or we all just guessing
No one can give you the date of the next MODL revision. Its all guesswork and is causing people unnecessary stress worrying about it.
On those grounds, thread closed.