New member - please be gentle!

Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation New member - please be gentle!

Hi everybody, after reading loads of posts on here & everybody seems to be friendly and helpful I'll finally take the plunge. I'll give you a brief insight into our situation and ask a few questions.
Went to Adelaide in Feb - wife & kids loved it. On our return we contacted an agent(Overseas emigration) who told us our best option was for Toni(wife) to apply for SIR as childcare coordinator, but would have to apply before 22nd July when Toni reaches the ripe old age of 30(desparate for points). As Toni's qualification was not a full degree we couldn't apply for this occupation. The loophole is-apply as a 40 point occupation and use work experience to gain sponsorship off a state. SA requires 50 & 60 point occupations only so waste of time going to Adelaide. Only option is Victoria as they really need childcare occupations.
Agent sent qualifications off to Vetassess on May 10th and we are still awaiting a result. Its getting a bit tight for time as when we get the result we still have to obtain sponsorship from Vic. After reading all the threads on here I'm not hopeful of having everything ready to go for July 22nd though agent still remains upbeat.
My main worry though is the $100k bond. Agent tells us that when they request it you only have 70 days to deposit money and like most people my capital is all tied to the house, is this true and can you get an extension or should I start thinking about putting our home on the market. Obviously we don't want to sell the house unless we have a concrete chance of obtaining the visa. This chicken and egg scenario is our major concern.
Does anybody know when the extra points for English come on line? - this could be our saving grace.
One other announcement that has been made is that from July 1st childcare coordinator will be assessed by TRA(more work experience based as opposed to paper qualifications). This hopefully means that we can claim 50 points even though we'd have to spend more money on a new assessment. Hey we might even be able to apply for STNI & go to SA or WA.
Phew that was hard work!
Sorry it's long winded but this is our situation, sitting and waiting like everybody else.
Your inputs & thoughts gratefully received - now off to watch the footy.

Ian. S
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:18 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default Re: New member - please be gentle!

Just wanted to say hi.

I'm fairly new to the forum myself so don't know enough about the Visa process to be able to answer your question, but just wanted to welcome you.

Loads of brilliant help, tips and advice will no doubt fly your way shortly.

Good luck

Ali X
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: New member - please be gentle!

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Just wanted to say hi.

I'm fairly new to the forum myself so don't know enough about the Visa process to be able to answer your question, but just wanted to welcome you.

Loads of brilliant help, tips and advice will no doubt fly your way shortly.

Good luck

Ali X
Which visa are you applying for & how far along are you? Have you any defo plans?

Good luck to you also

Ian
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:25 pm
The Analog Kid

sa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian S
dont know the answerer to your question but i am sure someone will
just wanted to say welcome
lots of helpful people here.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian_s
Hi everybody, after reading loads of posts on here & everybody seems to be friendly and helpful I'll finally take the plunge. I'll give you a brief insight into our situation and ask a few questions.
Went to Adelaide in Feb - wife & kids loved it. On our return we contacted an agent(Overseas emigration) who told us our best option was for Toni(wife) to apply for SIR as childcare coordinator, but would have to apply before 22nd July when Toni reaches the ripe old age of 30(desparate for points). As Toni's qualification was not a full degree we couldn't apply for this occupation. The loophole is-apply as a 40 point occupation and use work experience to gain sponsorship off a state. SA requires 50 & 60 point occupations only so waste of time going to Adelaide. Only option is Victoria as they really need childcare occupations.
Agent sent qualifications off to Vetassess on May 10th and we are still awaiting a result. Its getting a bit tight for time as when we get the result we still have to obtain sponsorship from Vic. After reading all the threads on here I'm not hopeful of having everything ready to go for July 22nd though agent still remains upbeat.
My main worry though is the $100k bond. Agent tells us that when they request it you only have 70 days to deposit money and like most people my capital is all tied to the house, is this true and can you get an extension or should I start thinking about putting our home on the market. Obviously we don't want to sell the house unless we have a concrete chance of obtaining the visa. This chicken and egg scenario is our major concern.
Does anybody know when the extra points for English come on line? - this could be our saving grace.
One other announcement that has been made is that from July 1st childcare coordinator will be assessed by TRA(more work experience based as opposed to paper qualifications). This hopefully means that we can claim 50 points even though we'd have to spend more money on a new assessment. Hey we might even be able to apply for STNI & go to SA or WA.
Phew that was hard work!
Sorry it's long winded but this is our situation, sitting and waiting like everybody else.

Ian. S

My immediate thoughts are that you should definately wait to hear from Vetassess before you sell your house.

As to the rest, well it's all a bit of a gamble isn't it. On the one hand you need the age points for the SIR but on the other the rules could change in your favour and enable you to apply for the STNI. I wouldn't like to speculate on either really.

You've also got to ask yourself, what if you sell your house and don't get accepted?, are you willing to lose your house. I mean you can always buy another, but is that what you want?. Or the other alternative is look into borrowing the money for the bond, and then paying it all back when you sell your house, if you get accepted. If you don't get accepted then you wouldn't need to go ahead with the loan so you've not actually lost anything.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Phew that was hard work!

Ian. S
Hi Ian

I am currently going down the 457 route for child care co-ordinator. Although I had used an agent to get my qualifications assessed by Vetassess, the employer wasn't willing to wait that long so they put me in touch with the qualifications unit for the department of education over there. It cost me $50 but had a result the day they received my paperwork. The Vetassess assessment has since come through and although it says I am OK. It only states that my qualifications are enough to emigrate where as the QU one actually states which Australian Qualification I can get a job for. I have just finished my degree with the Open University and I was assessed as A* which I believe is the highest grade and is needed for a co-ordinator.

I am going to WA but was told I couldn't get STNI as it is not a 60 pointer but would qualify for an SIR but don't know if that will be changing on 1st July. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the STNI and SIR visa's weren't points tested. Could someone please clarify this? I am creeping up to 40 and they were still willing to give me a go but personal family reasons out in Oz meant that we had to move quickly to help and I managed to get job straight away.

One bit of good news. If you go to WA, especially South West, you will have no problems getting a job as a co-ordinator. I had many job offers but without a visa, was unable to get there quick enough.

Good luck

Debs
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the STNI and SIR visa's weren't points tested. Could someone please clarify this?
Debs

Dont know anything about child co-ordinator Debs but the STNI visa is a 70 points visa.
Tracie
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Dont know anything about child co-ordinator Debs but the STNI visa is a 70 points visa.
Tracie[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. We (because of our age) couldn't get normal skilled independent because of lack of points and when I spoke to Perth office they said that didn't matter so I presumed there was no points system. They must have meant I had enough points for this one then.

Thanks again

Debs
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Same thing with me. lost 5 points when I turned 35 so instead of paying the bond to gain points I just changed to a 137 (STNI) . We were going to Perth anyway so it made no difference at all to us.
Tracie
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Phew that was hard work!

Ian. S
welcome ian...so your question is does anybody know when the extra points for english come online?? I take it you are going for a 136 visa too??
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the STNI and SIR visa's weren't points tested. Could someone please clarify this?
Debs

Tracie
And the SIR visa is 110 points
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:13 pm
Rocko since Feb 07

markrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nice
Smile Re: New member - please be gentle!

Hi there!

Sorry all this is a bit over my head. I only looked into the visa types we could apply for. Just wanted to say hi! I am sure you will get some good advice, we have found all the people here very helpful.

Good luck in joining in this waiting game.

Angie(and Mark)
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:24 pm
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Ian
Just wanted to say welcome to the site. Sorry don't know much about your visa type to be able to offer any advice. But a warm welcome to you anyway and good luck.
sponge
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:28 pm
Visa Granted - yahoo!

PrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nice
Talking Re: New member - please be gentle!

Phew that was hard work!

Ian. S
Hi Ian, Can't really help you - as I'm new my self, but wnated to say welcome and that I have had heaps of help so far and I'm sure you wil too. It's really friendly and nice to talk to people going thru the same thing! And it's great to hear when people get their visa granted! It gives you hope!

Welcome again, Jenni
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PrincessUK
Hi Ian, Can't really help you - as I'm new my self, but wnated to say welcome and that I have had heaps of help so far and I'm sure you wil too. It's really friendly and nice to talk to people going thru the same thing! And it's great to hear when people get their visa granted! It gives you hope!

Welcome again, Jenni
Hi,

Sorry I ain't got a clue about your original question but we used OE as our agent and found them to be VERY good.

Hope this helps a little and good luck,

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.