Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New job - want to hide about my immi application

New job - want to hide about my immi application

Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

passionite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New job - want to hide about my immi application

Hi

I have joined a new company last month. I need to trigger 1022 about the change in cirumstance and its very important that this new company should not know about my ongoing 175 application.

Shall I mention this concern while sending 1022?

Will DIAC understand this sensitivity and act accordingly?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

passionite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New job - want to hide about my immi application

Nobody here wanted that their current employer shouldn't know about their immigration application while DIAC tries to talk to HR or somebody while doing background checks?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by passionite
Nobody here wanted that their current employer shouldn't know about their immigration application while DIAC tries to talk to HR or somebody while doing background checks?
Why are you hiding your intention from your employer? Surely you are planning to tell them some time that you're moving? What if DIAC needs a reference from your new employer?

Really mate, honesty is the best policy.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why are you hiding your intention from your employer? Surely you are planning to tell them some time that you're moving? What if DIAC needs a reference from your new employer?

Really mate, honesty is the best policy.
I think this is a bit of a simplistic response. The OP hasn't yet said at what point he actually intends to move to Australia, so why should he tell his current employer before he needs to. It definitely wouldn't do him any favours at work for them to know he is considering leaving. That's like telling your current employer that you are interviewing for other jobs before you get another job offer. It's something that may never happen so why rock the boat?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi

I have joined a new company last month. I need to trigger 1022 about the change in cirumstance and its very important that this new company should not know about my ongoing 175 application.

If they do employment verification

- Just put your HR/or some of senior who can vouch your job as singatory in refer letter and tell them fact and ask them hide to your boss

If you could manage this there is no prob in it
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrudu
I think this is a bit of a simplistic response. The OP hasn't yet said at what point he actually intends to move to Australia, so why should he tell his current employer before he needs to. It definitely wouldn't do him any favours at work for them to know he is considering leaving. That's like telling your current employer that you are interviewing for other jobs before you get another job offer. It's something that may never happen so why rock the boat?
True, but isn't it better to tell the boss that they have applied for immigration but may not hear about a visa for a couple of years and then may not move for another couple of years than for DIAC to rock up and ask about employment verification for a visa application?

Both my husband and I did exactly that. I told my then boss about our plans to apply for a visa at my interview. I explained that it could take up to a year to be granted a visa (in fact it was exactly 1 year after I told him) and that if we were granted a visa we would have up to 5 years to move. He was fine with it and even certified all my husband's TRA documents and our visa application docs for free.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:18 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New job - want to hide about my immi application

Hi

.. no worries..., DIAC does employment verification for the jobs before your visa application...However, u need to mention about this change in circumstances... I doubt if they do job verification for your new job!!!... ...as Scrudu says Why blow the trumpet....

I changed my job just one month before my visa approval...but I cud nt inform ... as I was busy with my new job, relocation etc..... was planning to fill 1022( Me being bit lazy to fill,scan N send..)... jus then I got my visa approval...

... work smart guys N gals !!!

Last edited by divsman; Sep 16th 2009 at 10:58 am.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

I know it is not the same, as my missus is the main applicant, but I started a new job for a very large government dept here in the UK I told my Manager who is in charge of my work place that I am intending to emigrate to Australia in the future and this will help me when I do the same job in Aus he was fine with it.

I think it is better to be truthful from the offset with your employer then they will not feel you have been untruthful. or obtained the job under false pretense.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:59 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

I told my boss that I was applying and now I am being left out of all the new exciting stuff. I guess they must think 'why bother with the training/ involvement as she'll be off soon enough'. I've not even got visa as yet but needed reference from boss, so I totally know where your coming from.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

I told my employer that I am ONLY thinking of going australia and got the work reference that way, you never know but your application might not be successful.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:55 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by laguna33p
I told my employer that I am ONLY thinking of going australia and got the work reference that way, you never know but your application might not be successful.
That's exactly what I'm saying, I have only applied and they are well aware of the fact that I as yet have not been approved for my visa but still..........
I've heard a few people on this forum reporting similar things, I suppose that's just the way.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:53 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

I have not only told my employer, but also had the HR letter and duties statement from my two bosses made out to the DIAC (rather to whom it may concern). Also, made a verbal contract about minimum two years stay - in exchange for the corporate wheels, but still honesty goes a hell of a long way in getting your things done.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:09 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by newjersey
I have not only told my employer, but also had the HR letter and duties statement from my two bosses made out to the DIAC (rather to whom it may concern). Also, made a verbal contract about minimum two years stay - in exchange for the corporate wheels, but still honesty goes a hell of a long way in getting your things done.
Not if your just starting a job..
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has been in his/her new job for a month. Advising them that there is a vague possibility that DIAC could contact them about his/her job/work in the future is obviously the way to go. You won't be going anywhere for at least a year anyway. You simply tell HR that you have no idea if you're going to get a visa or when. Honesty is the best policy in life. Lies on purpose or by omission tend to come back and bite you on the bum at some point.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The OP has been in his/her new job for a month.
According to the OP's post, the visa application was submitted sometime ago.

If that is correct, then yes, do form 1022. But DIAC would not contact your new employer for any kind of verification. DIAC are interested in the applicant's work experience prior to applying for the visa. (Because applicants need to have the appropriate work experience at the time of application - and provide the employer reference etc to back that up.)

The OP needs to worry about his old employer! Hopefully, the OP left his old employer on very good terms. Therefore, if DIAC does phone/visit the old employer, they are still happy to confirm all the details in the employer refererence (instead of being bloody minded and pretending the OP never worked there).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.