New Form 40 - editable pdf version anyone?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 11:42 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Form 40 - editable pdf version anyone?

I have the old form 40, all completed by my sponsor and ready to go, but am aware since November '05 a new version has come out! so, I have an idea, if I can get the new form 40 where you can type into it, I can complete it myself and attach the signature page from the old form 40, to the back of the new version, and submit it that way.

So, does anyone have a version of it, like the editable 47sk pdf file recently posted?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Re: New Form 40 - editable pdf version anyone?

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
I have the old form 40, all completed by my sponsor and ready to go, but am aware since November '05 a new version has come out! so, I have an idea, if I can get the new form 40 where you can type into it, I can complete it myself and attach the signature page from the old form 40, to the back of the new version, and submit it that way.

So, does anyone have a version of it, like the editable 47sk pdf file recently posted?

PM me and i will send you one by return
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:45 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jonjon, but I cannot edit it... : (

Does anyone else have a copy at all? One that does not require Adobe writer?
Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:45 am
C&R

Just in case anyone else has a need for an editable version of the Form 40, or any other forms, I have found a software called foxit pdf editor, you just download it, open the pdf file you want to edit/complete and click away filling in the boxes. It's really good, and very easy!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case anyone else has a need for an editable version of the Form 40, or any other forms, I have found a software called foxit pdf editor, you just download it, open the pdf file you want to edit/complete and click away filling in the boxes. It's really good, and very easy!
Have you got the link for foxit???
Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:17 am
C&R

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Have you got the link for foxit???
Here you go - http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/pe_intro.php
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on free download.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

cool package and easy to use
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:32 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by jonjon
cool package and easy to use
It most certainly is - except when you print out the pages, the software automatically inserts - 'edited by foxit' on every page you have modified ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! The only way round this is to upgrade to the full version and pay $99 - or, I might just risk sending the old version of the form already completed by my sponsor, and wait and see what happens.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

It most certainly is - except when you print out the pages, the software automatically inserts - 'edited by foxit' on every page you have modified ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! The only way round this is to upgrade to the full version and pay $99 - or, I might just risk sending the old version of the form already completed by my sponsor, and wait and see what happens.
Hi Claire & Richard

I have had a play around for you and the best I can do is to convert the 40 form to tiff files and import them into word for you. Whilst you cannot click and type in the boxes what you can do is insert a word text box over the top of each box and type you text into this. As long as you set the text box properties to no fill & no boards this will work fine, just take a little time,

Hope this helps

Regards

Jon
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Doc1.doc (897.5 KB, 98 views)
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:30 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonjon
Hi Claire & Richard

I have had a play around for you and the best I can do is to convert the 40 form to tiff files and import them into word for you. Whilst you cannot click and type in the boxes what you can do is insert a word text box over the top of each box and type you text into this. As long as you set the text box properties to no fill & no boards this will work fine, just take a little time,

Hope this helps

Regards

Jon
Hi Jon,

DIMIA are a little paranoid about their forms being edited to remove uncomfortable questions but I don't see anything wrong with providing the forms with filled fields, in fact by making the fillable pdf form files available to subscribers to their database (mainly migration agents) they in fact encourage it...

So your solution looks ok, although I agree it's a bit slower.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Jon,

DIMIA are a little paranoid about their forms being edited to remove uncomfortable questions but I don't see anything wrong with providing the forms with filled fields, in fact by making the fillable pdf form files available to subscribers to their database (mainly migration agents) they in fact encourage it...

So your solution looks ok, although I agree it's a bit slower.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Hi George,

Hope you had a merry Christmas and happy new year. I was also conscious that the forms are under copywrite as well

Regards

Jon
Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Superb Claire&Richard... looks like jonjon is on the case too!! I think it looks a lot neater and professional if forms are typed out.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 1:40 am
C&R

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Superb Claire&Richard... looks like jonjon is on the case too!! I think it looks a lot neater and professional if forms are typed out.
Thanks jonjon for helping us find a solution!
I am unfamiliar with using text boxes on word, and having trouble working out how to use it and insert text onto the form itself using your attachment. When I click on the text box, it reduces the size of the form, and I type onto a blank page, but am unsure how to get this text into the correct box. I shall endeavour to crack this though, but if you can help further with how to use the text boxes it would be much much appreciated.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 2:24 am
C&R

ohmygod, I have worked out a solution. Taking on board jonjons attachment, and advice re - text boxes, I copied each page into Publisher, and inserted the text this way, the form now looks perfect! yippee!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohmygod, I have worked out a solution. Taking on board jonjons attachment, and advice re - text boxes, I copied each page into Publisher, and inserted the text this way, the form now looks perfect! yippee!
Clever Clogs. haha... well done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.