New Fees for TRA Dunno when they'll start!

Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:19 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Fees for TRA Dunno when they'll start!

Hi,
OH downloaded the application form from Department of employment and workplace relations.... I was checking through the form before sending it and looked at the fees
OMG!!! 90 WORKING days, for those who are arithmetically challenged that's 18 weeks!) then there is an express fee which will be $595 for processing in 20 working days. Well I was having a kittens because I'd already ordered my bankers draft for $300....
I looked at it again today on the TRA website, just to make sure I was ordering the right amount of money. The form he downloaded has dispappeared, and the fee has returned to $300.....

Do you think that this is the shape of things to come after 1st July????
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Re: New Fees for TRA Dunno when they'll start!

hi just phoned the bank about a bank cheque but not to sure what they meant can you help me is it just a money order or a forigen draft that i have to send
thanx and good luck
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:32 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We used HiFX to get our bankers draft made out in Australian dollars. We are using them for a money exchange when we get out there, so there was no charge for having the cheque made up, although the exchange rate wasn't that brilliant because it was only $300! nationwide BS charge £40 or £50 per cheque, so it was cheaper using HiFX. There are other companies that will provide the service too.
If you look on the application notes there's instructions on who to have the cheque made out to.
Hope this helps some!
What are you applying to get recognised?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

applying for joiner,carpenter heading to perth just trying to get everything together for tra.What about you
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:31 am
Ping pong PoM

Applying for Toolmaker, really want to go to Queensland.
Everything is done now, just need to add some finishing touches and it's going off tomorrow
We're off to do a reckie on August 7th! Can't wait 6 weeks, and 5 days to go!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
We used HiFX to get our bankers draft made out in Australian dollars. We are using them for a money exchange when we get out there, so there was no charge for having the cheque made up, although the exchange rate wasn't that brilliant because it was only $300! nationwide BS charge £40 or £50 per cheque, so it was cheaper using HiFX. There are other companies that will provide the service too.
If you look on the application notes there's instructions on who to have the cheque made out to.
Hope this helps some!
HSBC charged me £15 for bankers draft...............
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

I've used my local branch of NatWest for bank drafts, they charged £18 per cheque, requested on Monday morning, cheque with me on Tuesday morning so pretty good service, I reckon.
Sammy
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:10 pm
Ping pong PoM

Wow! something the banks do cheaper!
Truth be known once I found out the price at the BS, I went straight to Hi fx
But I'll def keep that in mind in future

Ali x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Hope this helps some!
We were charged £12 by Nationwide, which is their standard charge, i would ask them to check what they told you in case you want one in the future.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:37 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
OH downloaded the application form from Department of employment and workplace relations.... I was checking through the form before sending it and looked at the fees
OMG!!! 90 WORKING days, for those who are arithmetically challenged that's 18 weeks!) then there is an express fee which will be $595 for processing in 20 working days. Well I was having a kittens because I'd already ordered my bankers draft for $300....
I looked at it again today on the TRA website, just to make sure I was ordering the right amount of money. The form he downloaded has dispappeared, and the fee has returned to $300.....

Do you think that this is the shape of things to come after 1st July????
Hi Ali,

Those are the fees from about four years ago - wouldn't surprise me if they did go up again but I suspect he's just found the wrong form.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:42 pm
Ping pong PoM

Good lord!!!
Well it just goes to show that fees, like investments, can go down as well as up!!!

Thanks George, I've not been able to find them again since he printed them off, but it's refreshing to see that TRA have lowered their fees!

Ali x