New Fees

Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:55 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Fees

The new fees have now been brought into law - those interested can see it at http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/5EED26DB519AD48CCA2572FF0024BB32/$file/0709257A-070607EV.doc so the next step is for DIAC to release the latest form 990i - may have done so already. In response to all those who are interested, the fee payable for a GSM application will normally be A$2060.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:21 pm
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Default Re: New Fees

WOW i cant believe how much the skills assessment is going up from september 1st, that is one mighty increase, £125 to £930 at todays rate.
</IMG></IMG>
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I better get mine done asap then and into tra,if thats the case,thats crazy amount
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

George, in your experience what date are DIMA likely to go by when judging how much to charge for the visa application. Our's was sent in the post last week (with the old fee detailed - as we knew nothing of the changes) and hopefully will arrive this week, but we are concerned that it may take a couple of days longer and therefore not arrive until after 1 Jul.

Rich
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:57 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
George, in your experience what date are DIMA likely to go by when judging how much to charge for the visa application. Our's was sent in the post last week (with the old fee detailed - as we knew nothing of the changes) and hopefully will arrive this week, but we are concerned that it may take a couple of days longer and therefore not arrive until after 1 Jul.

Rich
Hi Rich,

The official line is that if it's not received before 1 July (ie must have reached the front counter by then), the new fee applies.

I have been told informally that some DIAC offices (not ASPC) may not insist on the new fee since notification of the fee only took place this week, but given that such an approach is totally illegal I don't expect to see that written down anywhere.

In the case of the ASPC they will send you an "invalid application" notice and encourage you to pay the correct amount by credit card, which you can fax and will not affect your recorded date of receipt.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

George, that is a welcome piece of information. I was concerned that the whole application may have been delayed/rejected, for the sake of £30 Hopefully, all is good news anyway as I have received confirmation this morning from AusPost that they delivered the application on 28 Jun, so the receipted date should be before the weekend.

Many thanks again,

Rich

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Rich,

The official line is that if it's not received before 1 July (ie must have reached the front counter by then), the new fee applies.

I have been told informally that some DIAC offices (not ASPC) may not insist on the new fee since notification of the fee only took place this week, but given that such an approach is totally illegal I don't expect to see that written down anywhere.

In the case of the ASPC they will send you an "invalid application" notice and encourage you to pay the correct amount by credit card, which you can fax and will not affect your recorded date of receipt.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:56 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have the prices been updated on the website for form applications? If not have you any timescale on when this will happen George?
Thanks, J x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Have the prices been updated on the website for form applications? If not have you any timescale on when this will happen George?
Thanks, J x
Hi J (I do realise I'm not George) but I think that the website could be updated by 1000 Aus time, as that is when they are due to publish the 1 Jul changes etc.

If I am talking rubblish I will crawl back into my hole and leave the experts to it

Rich
Old Jul 1st 2007, 3:14 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Hi J (I do realise I'm not George) but I think that the website could be updated by 1000 Aus time, as that is when they are due to publish the 1 Jul changes etc.

If I am talking rubblish I will crawl back into my hole and leave the experts to it

Rich
Hi Guys,

The new form 990i is there now. See www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf . Enjoy...

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:56 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Guys,

The new form 990i is there now. See www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf . Enjoy...

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thankyou whiz and George for your replies
J x