New Family Member after VISA Grant letter

Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Family Member after VISA Grant letter

Originally Posted by Altavista
I don't understand how people could leave their new born child just for the sake of visa and migrating to new land.

Just imagine what will your child think when he grow up that their parents left him to his uncle/aunt just for the sake of visa.

No offence but to me it is shameful act.
I have to agree (and this is me personally, not me with a mods hat on!).

It may be that in some cultures it is usual to abandon your baby to your extended family for them to bring up, and maybe when the child is older the child will not see anything strange in that if it is a cultural norm.
However from the point of view of both Britain and Australia this is not the norm, and as this is predominantly a forum for British Expats thats why a lot of people on here would not view this as acceptable. To have a child and then leave that child behind while the rest of the family migrates to another country is totally at odds with family values in both the UK and Aus, and if a family were to do that and it became known in their new Australian community their new friends and neighbours would almost certainly find it a difficult situation to deal with.

And as you say....to grow up knowing that a visa and the money already spent was more important to your parents than you were, their own child.....it doesn't bear thinking about.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
Is this thread for real?
i was thinking this too
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

creed147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
Since you've already got your visa then you'll have to apply for a child visa for the baby.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/child/101/

There is no way to add the baby to the visa once it's granted. So you'll have to go through the child visa process.
I'm applying under Visa 175 (Critical Skill List) and currently I have a CO assigned. We are expecting our first child in Early July and I have informed it via email as well as Change of Circumstances form.

Is there anything I can do to delay the grant of my (& my wifes) Visa till our baby is born?
Obviously I'd prefer to include our child in to our PR form rather than go for separate Visa process for baby?

Uchitha.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by creed147
I'm applying under Visa 175 (Critical Skill List) and currently I have a CO assigned. We are expecting our first child in Early July and I have informed it via email as well as Change of Circumstances form.

Is there anything I can do to delay the grant of my (& my wifes) Visa till our baby is born?
Obviously I'd prefer to include our child in to our PR form rather than go for separate Visa process for baby?

Uchitha.
Sure. If you haven't done your medicals yet you can let your case officer know that your wife does not wish to do the x-ray until after the baby is born and he/she will put the application on hold. Once the babe is born you will need to get a birth certificate & passport ASAP and then let the CO know you're ready to proceed. Even if you've done the meds already you can still ask the CO to put the application on hold until after the baby comes. Just let him or her know when the little one comes along and your application can proceed.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modasser
God has blessed me a baby after 15 days of Visa grant Letter.

But the visa cost a bloody fortune so I am giving the baby away.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:39 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RenShen
But the visa cost a bloody fortune so I am giving the baby away.
I still don't quite understand why the original poster didn't put the application on hold until the baby was born. Given that the baby was born only 2 weeks after the grant they could have notified the case officer to wait for the baby. Would have saved the cost of the child application fee.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

antifunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Not necessarily the child has to be abandoned and still the parents can migrate.

1. Parents can take care of the child for first 9-10 months (when it can't live without mother). Because you have 1 yr to make initial entry. Even after the entry they can again come back to home country until parents are assured that baby is not physically dependent on them.

2. Later on, it can be adopted by uncle/aunt/grandfather or first kin in the home country and parents can migrate.

Why isn't that possible, specially for subcontinental people who have strong families ties and your uncle/aunt will love to raise you with all possible parental love.
I never knew ppl can go to such limits for just getting a VISA!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by water man
They have spent lot money and effort to the visa
You dont deserve kids!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sure. If you haven't done your medicals yet you can let your case officer know that your wife does not wish to do the x-ray until after the baby is born and he/she will put the application on hold. Once the babe is born you will need to get a birth certificate & passport ASAP and then let the CO know you're ready to proceed. Even if you've done the meds already you can still ask the CO to put the application on hold until after the baby comes. Just let him or her know when the little one comes along and your application can proceed.
Thank you very much!

What's the most accepted and efficient way to communicate with the CO? As far as I know there are 3 possible methods.
1. Email to aspc2.processing general email address
2. Use online form @ http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm
3. Contact CO directly

What do you suggest?

Uchitha.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

They can leave baby with their parents (if it my case I will do the same) once their visa validated hope they can apply for VISA for a baby without any prob.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

If the child had a medical condition meaning the visa was not granted, most likely that will not change. They don't refuse visas for silly little things, so it would be leaving the baby forever.

I can not understand why anyone would choose to have a baby (which is a choice, you can cross your legs if no contraception is available) then YOU should be prepared to look after and love it!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
If the child had a medical condition meaning the visa was not granted, most likely that will not change. They don't refuse visas for silly little things, so it would be leaving the baby forever.

I can not understand why anyone would choose to have a baby (which is a choice, you can cross your legs if no contraception is available) then YOU should be prepared to look after and love it!
Aus Govt has summed it up very well by saying "Pregnancy and Australian immigration don't mix well"

But incidently it can't be avoided in most of the cases because many married people in the age of 28-30 apply which is the time of having a baby in most of the cases.

Last edited by mpgrewal; Jun 1st 2009 at 10:17 am.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Aus Govt has summed it up very well by saying "Pregnancy and Australian immigration don't mix well"
Can you please give a reference to such where Australian Govt gave such statement?? I highly doubt it!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

But incidently it can't be avoided in most of the cases because many married people in the age of 28-30 apply which is the time of having a baby in most of the cases.
I am a 30 year old married person (hubbie is older), who normally would be thinking of having kids, infact we did think about it. Then we decided we wanted to come to Oz. The only way for us to get here was on a student visa, so no babies for at least 3 years. It certainly IS avoidable if you want it to be.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
It certainly IS avoidable if you want it to be.
Yes it is. But it depends on ones priorities. For me having a kid is the best thing that's going to happen to us and way ahead of migrating to anywhere. If all other things have fallen in to place I won't delay having a kid just because of a migration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.