Wikiposts

New Checklist from DIMIA

Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

ozpotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Checklist from DIMIA

Originally Posted by NKKK
how do we number the pages of the documents?

do we "write page number with a pen" on the pages of application forms and
each document we include?
I was wondering that and also "number the pages from the bottom up" does that mean page 1 at the bottom? This is very confusing, maybe a plan to get us all to use agents. I would be interested to hear whether any agents can suggest on here the numbering system they will use.

Cheers
OP
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:36 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozpotty
I was wondering that and also "number the pages from the bottom up" does that mean page 1 at the bottom? This is very confusing, maybe a plan to get us all to use agents. I would be interested to hear whether any agents can suggest on here the numbering system they will use.

Cheers
OP
Hi OP,

We won't be using Roman numerals. Does that help? :-)

What they want you to do is collate your application and then, when it's assembled in the correct order, write "1" in the top right hand corner of the very bottom page. On the next page from the bottom, write "2" , and so it goes...

And how many more professional secrets do you want? :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

God forbid they make any aspect of all this straightforward. They are very good at making new rules but not so hot at explaining to general folk who haven't a clue how DIMIA work.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

ozpotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi OP,

We won't be using Roman numerals. Does that help? :-)

What they want you to do is collate your application and then, when it's assembled in the correct order, write "1" in the top right hand corner of the very bottom page. On the next page from the bottom, write "2" , and so it goes...

And how many more professional secrets do you want? :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George for the secret :-)
So it is back to front then. This is even more confusing than I thought. The checklist asks for evidence of primary applicant's age (Sch 2a) and further down asks for certified copies of birth certificates or other evidence of age (Personal Documents a)). So I include TWO certified copies of my birth certificate??? Nothings simple is it???

Cheers
OP
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozpotty
Thanks George for the secret :-)
So it is back to front then. This is even more confusing than I thought. The checklist asks for evidence of primary applicant's age (Sch 2a) and further down asks for certified copies of birth certificates or other evidence of age (Personal Documents a)). So I include TWO certified copies of my birth certificate??? Nothings simple is it???

Cheers
OP
I suppose one is enough.. and you just refer to the same "folio number" in the checklist if they require the same document.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:50 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Ok.. Now that we've sorted out how to put it together...

On the new checklist it just asks for
- Satisfactory Skills Declaration (form from granting body I assume)
- Evidence of recent work experience ( Reference from Employer )

It doesnt ask for a full copy of everything you submit to the skills people to get your assesment which I understood was required... Have they changed the rules or is it just 'assumed' under the sat-skills declaration...

anyone got any idea?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

mwhannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: New Checklist from DIMIA

Oops. . . I put some of my supporting documents in plastic sleeves - which contained a label at the front outlining what the documents were and for which "points" category. (I stupidly thought this would make it easier for the processing guys to sort my documents). The main application forms I left outside of the plastic sleeves.

Do DIMIA get really picky about this, or will I be okay? I can't imagine that they would dock me for this. . maybe just put my application at the bottom of the pile??
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:54 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Allan,

It means you have to take your clothes off, perform a special dance, mutter an invocation to the great leader and then, using a pen, put the number 1 at the top right hand corner of the page at the very bottom of your bundle of documents. This is an iterative process, ending at the top page in your bundle. If you like I can get one of the programmers here to write it in assembly language :-) Circling the number is a matter of personal preference. The first three instructions above are also optional.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

With reference to the checklist, and I quote, "It is essential that
you number the pages from the bottom up."

Any idea of what they mean by "bottom up"? *scratch head*

Thanks!

cheers,[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:51 pm
joveazey

Wink Re: New Checklist from DIMIA

After reading this thread, all I can say is......

I'M GLAD I'M USING AN AGENT !!!!!

Jo

Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

put the number 1 at the top right hand corner of the page at the very bottom of your bundle of documents. This is an iterative process, ending at the top page in your bundle.
Thanks George for the dummy proof descrption :-)
We will give number to each page in the application,

but it is still not clear for me how to make "sub folders" using tabs.. (i m real thick)

Will you give any more professional secrets on this?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by spalen
Ok.. Now that we've sorted out how to put it together...

On the new checklist it just asks for
- Satisfactory Skills Declaration (form from granting body I assume)
- Evidence of recent work experience ( Reference from Employer )

It doesnt ask for a full copy of everything you submit to the skills people to get your assesment which I understood was required... Have they changed the rules or is it just 'assumed' under the sat-skills declaration...

anyone got any idea?

Spalen or anyone else,

Just wondered what you ended up doing on this point. Did you include the full set of Skills Assessment documents where the Checklist requests 'Satisfactory Skills Assessment' as this is requested on the checklist on the 47SK or just include the Assessment letter then distribute other documents from the Skills Assessment elsewhere in the app where relevant (i.e. 'Evidence of Specific of Experience')

Like everyone else probably has at this stage recently, I'm currently trying to get my head around the three checklists out there (Booklet 6 / page 18-20 ; Form 47SK / Page 23 Part J ; and Offshore Skilled Section - ASPC Document Checklist - Subclass 136). Are they all necessary as there definitely seems to be discrepancies, possibilty for misinterpretation, potential duplication of documentation, etc

Any feedback much appreciated

Paul
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

georgebittar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hunser
Spalen or anyone else,

Just wondered what you ended up doing on this point. Did you include the full set of Skills Assessment documents where the Checklist requests 'Satisfactory Skills Assessment' as this is requested on the checklist on the 47SK or just include the Assessment letter then distribute other documents from the Skills Assessment elsewhere in the app where relevant (i.e. 'Evidence of Specific of Experience')

Like everyone else probably has at this stage recently, I'm currently trying to get my head around the three checklists out there (Booklet 6 / page 18-20 ; Form 47SK / Page 23 Part J ; and Offshore Skilled Section - ASPC Document Checklist - Subclass 136). Are they all necessary as there definitely seems to be discrepancies, possibilty for misinterpretation, potential duplication of documentation, etc

Any feedback much appreciated

Paul
Hi Paul,

I've put, as you said, the full Set of skills assessment docs as the "sactisfatory skills assessment" and it was OK.

hope this helps.
George
Old Mar 21st 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used a pencil to number the pages at the lower right corner. Bought color paper divider tabs from a stationery store and put them between sections. You can define your own sections such as 47SK, Assessment, IELTS, etc.

On top of that I also attached a small cover letter.

No staple!!! use clips that can be removed easily.

I hope that made my CO life a lot more comfortable.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:34 am
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

I am about to finalise my application and I'm a bit confused by this whole checklist thing.

I get the whole lowest number at the bottom thing (seems a strange way to do it but hey) but I am not sure on the following:

Does your application form go to the bottom of pack and get number 1 or at the top and get numbered 100 for arguments sake?

Anyone any clearer if you have to send all the documents relating to your skills assessment or just the letter saying you passed?

Thanks

JKA
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

10000000=1
01000000=2
11000000=3
00100000=4
10100000=5

and so on in biary
lace

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.