Wikiposts

New Checklist from DIMIA

Old Oct 6th 2004, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road
Default New Checklist from DIMIA

A while ago there was a thread on here which had the contents of an email sent from DIMIA stating that from the end of September, applicants are to attach a checklist to enable faster processing.

By the 1st of October, I couldn't find a thing about it on the DIMIA site and there was another thread about it not being there.

Well.......IT IS NOW! just found it

Just thought I should let people know, incase your just about to apply!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:05 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Checklist from DIMIA

Originally Posted by DeniseH
A while ago there was a thread on here which had the contents of an email sent from DIMIA stating that from the end of September, applicants are to attach a checklist to enable faster processing.

By the 1st of October, I couldn't find a thing about it on the DIMIA site and there was another thread about it not being there.

Cheers-thanks for lettin folks know!
Donna.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:07 am
Just Joined

David Yardley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Denise, any chance you could post a link to the page?

thanks, Dave Y.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by David Yardley
Hi Denise, any chance you could post a link to the page?

thanks, Dave Y.
They are all over the place!
eg.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...re_general.htm
Old Oct 7th 2004, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..
thanks for the information.. I was looking for that..

i might sound thick but i couldnt figure out how to present application documentation with this new checklist..

where do we get "folio"? how do we do sub-divings in folio? or tabs-flags?
how do we number the pages? Is it something that we should buy?

--- excerpt from the checklist -----
It is important that you folio and present all documents in the order outlined below. It is essential that
that you number the pages from the bottom up. Please use sub-dividing tabs/flags in your application
wherever the filing symbol is shown.
-----------------------------------
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Denise - Top Information - thanks so much for posting it.

All the best
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi NKKK

- Folio is just english for 'folder'

- It just means put all the papers in a folder in the order listed on the checklist.
- Number each page of the paper (ie write the page number on it )
- Seperate each section that DIMIA identifies on the checklist with a seperator sheet with a tab (you buy these from stationery stores).

They just want teh applications presented in an ordered folder, with each section easily identified,and easy to get to, and numbered pages.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Hi DeniseH

Thanks for that. I presume as we are using an agent, he will do all this for us.

Cheers

Jan
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:35 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, the checklist specifically says NOT to use a folder. I'm a bit baffled by what they mean by folio, as well. I assume they just mean that they want you to organise the papers together.

Quote from the skilled independent checklist (http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...klists/136.pdf):

"It is important that you folio and present all documents in the order outlined below. It is essential that that you number the pages from the bottom up. Please use sub-dividing tabs/flags in your application wherever the filing symbol is shown.
Note: Keep papers together with large clip and place in a large envelope.
Do NOT place them in a binder, folder or plastic sleeve"
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:49 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
Actually, the checklist specifically says NOT to use a folder. I'm a bit baffled by what they mean by folio, as well. I assume they just mean that they want you to organise the papers together.

Quote from the skilled independent checklist (http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...klists/136.pdf):

"It is important that you folio and present all documents in the order outlined below. It is essential that that you number the pages from the bottom up. Please use sub-dividing tabs/flags in your application wherever the filing symbol is shown.
Note: Keep papers together with large clip and place in a large envelope.
Do NOT place them in a binder, folder or plastic sleeve"
Hi Saraliz,

A folio, in public service speak, is a page from a file. The verb "to folio" means to write page numbers on each page in a file.

Therefore they want you to number each page after the application has been assembled. This will present some challenges to people who insist on printing double sided forms or use paper smaller or larger than A4. We've just started using these this week, main problem is that some documents perform multiple functions and it's a fiddly job, much easier when there was a simple order of assembly.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:51 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

ok so their intepretation of folio means ( as it says later )

"Keep papers together with a large clip and place in a large envelope - DO NOT place them in a binder folder or plastic sleeve"

So ...

folio in this sense means 'bundle' as in bundle them all together, in order, with tabs seperating where they show the ';filing;' sign.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
ok so their intepretation of folio means ( as it says later )

"Keep papers together with a large clip and place in a large envelope - DO NOT place them in a binder folder or plastic sleeve"

So ...

folio in this sense means 'bundle' as in bundle them all together, in order, with tabs seperating where they show the ';filing;' sign.
Hi Spalen,

It's not common I find myself in disagreement with someone who's an AIM approved manager (because there aren't many of you :-), but you'll have to take it from me that Australian public servants use the term "folio" as I have. And when referring to pages in a file they will say "see folio 17 -28, 32" for example.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:22 am
ah-beng

:-)

hey sorry George - didnt realise . Cheers!.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

how do we number the pages of the documents?

do we "write page number with a pen" on the pages of application forms and
each document we include?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:23 pm
Allan

George Lombard <member8124@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > ok so their intepretation of folio means ( as it says later )
    > >
    > > "Keep papers together with a large clip and place in a large envelope
    > > - DO NOT place them in a binder folder or plastic sleeve"
    > >
    > > So ...
    > >
    > >
    > > folio in this sense means 'bundle' as in bundle them all together, in
    > > order, with tabs seperating where they show the ';filing;' sign.
    >
    > Hi Spalen,
    >
    > It's not common I find myself in disagreement with someone who's an AIM
    > approved manager (because there aren't many of you :-), but you'll have
    > to take it from me that Australian public servants use the term "folio"
    > as I have. And when referring to pages in a file they will say "see
    > folio 17 -28, 32" for example.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > George Lombard
    >
    > www.austimmigration.com.au

Hi George,

With reference to the checklist, and I quote, "It is essential that
you number the pages from the bottom up."

Any idea of what they mean by "bottom up"? *scratch head*

Thanks!

cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.