new baby and 457 visa

Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

je2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new baby and 457 visa

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me here...
We are on a 457, and have been for more than 2 years we ready to apply for reisdency sponsored again by employer but we have a new baby, I went to get the baby added to medicare and they wouldnt without a copy of the babys visa which he hasnt been added to yet so im trying to do that but i dont know which form i need to fill in, ive done a search on here but most posts say baby automatically get visa so im a little confused and we need to sort this asap to apply for residency and baby has a speicalist appointment and they wont bulk bill if hes not on medicare!

thanks and i hope someone can help
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new baby and 457 visa

I believe you have to take the baby's Birth Certificate & passport & they will register for Medicare based on those
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by je2011
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me here...
We are on a 457, and have been for more than 2 years we ready to apply for reisdency sponsored again by employer but we have a new baby, I went to get the baby added to medicare and they wouldnt without a copy of the babys visa which he hasnt been added to yet so im trying to do that but i dont know which form i need to fill in, ive done a search on here but most posts say baby automatically get visa so im a little confused and we need to sort this asap to apply for residency and baby has a speicalist appointment and they wont bulk bill if hes not on medicare!

thanks and i hope someone can help
The baby did automatically get a 457 visa. When babies are born in Australia to parents on temporary visas, this is what happens. Perhaps go to a DIAC office and try to get evidence of visa?
Old Nov 17th 2012, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

It is a formality, but to start the ball rolling you must have a letter from the sponsoring employer for the 457 visa, which states that they (employer) accepts the responsibility of the additional person on the 457 sponsorship visa.Y ou then fill out the application form for the 457 for the baby and lodge with DIAC. Had to help a colleague do this last year and it only took a couple of weeks to come through.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briar
It is a formality, but to start the ball rolling you must have a letter from the sponsoring employer for the 457 visa, which states that they (employer) accepts the responsibility of the additional person on the 457 sponsorship visa.Y ou then fill out the application form for the 457 for the baby and lodge with DIAC. Had to help a colleague do this last year and it only took a couple of weeks to come through.
I don't think that is the case foe a new baby.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

In fairness you would assume the employer would have some say so, they are responsible for the removal of dependents from Australia and they would have to be involved in some way.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:25 am
Just Joined

je2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

originally when i rang immigration they told me to fill in the 1066 form which didnt seem to make sense filling in a newborns marital status so i rang back and they said I had been given the wrong information the baby did automatically get the visa but until they send me the confirmation with his name added on I just need to send them a letter from employer, birth certificate and copy of passport! thanks for the help guys!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:39 am
Just Joined

gowlett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my wife who is 457 visa holder has taken newborn baby back to the UK. We have UK passport and aus birth certificate completed but have not added to the visa.

She's coming home in 2 weeks and terrified she'll be turned away at airport because baby isn't on. Seems easy enough to add on but given she's away and with passport in hand....

Thanks for any advice
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to DIAC asap!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briar
Talk to DIAC asap!
Exactly! can be done just as easily over there as over here.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:22 am
Just Joined

gowlett is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in case anyone else does this in future you can send docs via email to the following:

NEW BORN BABIES

Babies born in Australia are deemed to hold the same visa their parents held at time of birth. There is no fee payable. To add your newborn, please submit the following to this mailbox [email protected]:
• Certified copy of parents’ passport biographical pages
• Certified copy of baby’s passport biographical page (if available)
• Certified copy of baby’s birth certificate

Cheers
Ian
Old Aug 28th 2013, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

I've just done this, it's easy.

I filled out form 1022 and got a certified copy of the birth certificate, and a certified copy of my passport with being the primary 457 visa holder. I haven't got a passport for the baby yet but if you have one send a certified copy of that too, by email to [email protected].

The subject of your email needs to be:

TRN 123456789, Joe Bloggs, 01-Aug-1970, 45678900

TRN is the original 457 Visa transaction number.
Joe Bloggs is the primary visa holder name
01-Aug-1970 is the primary visa holder date of birth
45678900 is the passport number of the primary visa holder.

The baby is automatically granted the same visa as the parent in this instance.

Then after this we took a print of the email and they added him to our medicare straightaway.

For your info, we sent the email on the 30th July, and received the visa notification back on the 7th August 2013.

We didn't have to pay anything or get any approval or notification from my employer.

I would get your wife to go to a solicitor or police station to get the copies certified to email to you here to add to the form 1022. Good luck!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

cKent is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you describe the change on the 1022 form?