Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

new addition to family whilst applying for 175

new addition to family whilst applying for 175

Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

cwmtaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new addition to family whilst applying for 175

I am currently applying for a 175 visa online with the DIAC. As i am about to be made redundant shortly and received my TRA i want to get on with submitting the form asap. There will be a new addition to our family during july and therefore i was wondering would it be ok to submit my application knowing there will be four of us when we move?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

lynnhou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new addition to family whilst applying for 175

Originally Posted by cwmtaboy
I am currently applying for a 175 visa online with the DIAC. As i am about to be made redundant shortly and received my TRA i want to get on with submitting the form asap. There will be a new addition to our family during july and therefore i was wondering would it be ok to submit my application knowing there will be four of us when we move?
I read something about this on the application form. It was something to the effect of letting them know when the baby is born, in writing, and he/she will be added to the application at no extra cost.
Good luck
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

cwmtaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks i'll go back through my application and check.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:31 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I was pregnant when we put our application in. There's no problem adding the new baby to the visa while it's still in progress. If the visa is granted though before you add the baby then they have no way to add it after the fact.

So, just make sure that you do not do your medicals (all of you) until after the baby arrives. No point in anyone doing them because it will just shorten your validation time for everyone. Once the baby has arrived get the baby a birth certificate and passport. Fill out the change of circumstances form (1022 I think) and then send all that info out.

Once you've done all that you can all go and do your medicals and send that off.

It's no problem really. We applied for our visa in June 2006, had the baby in August and then sent off passport and birth certificate in September. Medicals were done at the end of October and then we had our visa in December. This is almost 3 years ago now, so the time scales have probably changed.

Good luck with the visa and the baby.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

You'll have to wait to do the medicals anyway I think as you're pregnant. They won't do the X-ray till after the babies born, but I noticed the same thing on the application about adding new additions post application.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

indoirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cwmtaboy
I will recommend that you apply immediately. If you are doing online, after getting the confirmation email, you can intimate the DIAC by an email that applicant is pregnant. and once the baby is born, you can intimate the DIAC about the change of circumstance and send the copy of birth certificates and passport. DIAC recommend to do the medicals as a family unit. so you will have to wait until the baby is born (also you cant do xray when pregnant).
if a case officer is allocated before the baby is born, he may keep your file in abeyance..
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by indoirish
I will recommend that you apply immediately. If you are doing online, after getting the confirmation email, you can intimate the DIAC by an email that applicant is pregnant. and once the baby is born, you can intimate the DIAC about the change of circumstance and send the copy of birth certificates and passport. DIAC recommend to do the medicals as a family unit. so you will have to wait until the baby is born (also you cant do xray when pregnant).
if a case officer is allocated before the baby is born, he may keep your file in abeyance..
...so does that mean that if you can't go for the medicals when it is requested (due to pregnancy or medical reason), they will wait longer than the normal 2 months and put your file on hold?
....We are thinking about having another child but was wondering about timing. Just about to apply for 175/176 if all goes well with skills assessment (result due any time now).

thx
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
You'll have to wait to do the medicals anyway I think as you're pregnant. They won't do the X-ray till after the babies born,
Some doctors will do, as far as I am aware. But considering that pregnant women can't normally fly after 6 months, the option of going ahead with x-ray under medical advice is more applicable to onshore PR cases.