Negative Assessment

Old Aug 8th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all
Unhappy Negative Assessment

Hi

Just thought I would share with everyone our disappointing news we received on return from a two week holiday. On our return I received the long awaited response from Vetassess regarding my assessment - Negative

I have waited 9 months for this to come through and it's negative - what to do next.............anyone got any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:35 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Negative Assessment

Did they say why it's negative?

Might be a good idea to get in touch with an agent to see if they can help, George Lombard is great and regularly posts here.

Hope that is some small comfort...
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all
Default Re: Negative Assessment

Originally Posted by bridiej
Did they say why it's negative?

Might be a good idea to get in touch with an agent to see if they can help, George Lombard is great and regularly posts here.

Hope that is some small comfort...

Didn't really say why it was negative. Have emailed George to see if he can help.......your right, I think the way to go is to get an agent.

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2004, 1:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa and greg
Hi

Just thought I would share with everyone our disappointing news we received on return from a two week holiday. On our return I received the long awaited response from Vetassess regarding my assessment - Negative

I have waited 9 months for this to come through and it's negative - what to do next.............anyone got any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa
I got a negative form the ACS a bit back but at least the letter stated why. I'm waiting til November to start again but in the meantime going to Oz for a holiday at the end of October and seeing if I can get sponsored for a temp visa while going through the PR process again.

Is there some contact name / number on the letter so you can call / email and ask why? It seems a bit ridiculous to take so long to assess you in the first place and then not give you any feedback.

The advice on getting an agent is good advice too I would say. Sounds like you need the eye of an expert to look over your case.

Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 1:49 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Lisa
Lisa

I know exactly what you are going through, we failed through TRA in April and lodged and appeal, sent some more info and now have been waiting 15 weeks. Get yourself an agent (George Lombard or Alan Collett), costs a bit but is well worth it.

Lucy
Old Aug 8th 2004, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmoore
I got a negative form the ACS a bit back but at least the letter stated why. I'm waiting til November to start again but in the meantime going to Oz for a holiday at the end of October and seeing if I can get sponsored for a temp visa while going through the PR process again.

Is there some contact name / number on the letter so you can call / email and ask why? It seems a bit ridiculous to take so long to assess you in the first place and then not give you any feedback.

The advice on getting an agent is good advice too I would say. Sounds like you need the eye of an expert to look over your case.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your negative assessment - very disheartening isn't it. I have emailed them asking why. I don't understand, as far as I'm aware they are asking for an HND or similar, and my diploma which I sent them is equivalent to an HND. Still I'm sure they have their reasons, I just wish they had got back to me sooner than 9 months, then maybe I could have done something about it and been on track again.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:04 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about your negative assessment - very disheartening isn't it. I have emailed them asking why. I don't understand, as far as I'm aware they are asking for an HND or similar, and my diploma which I sent them is equivalent to an HND. Still I'm sure they have their reasons, I just wish they had got back to me sooner than 9 months, then maybe I could have done something about it and been on track again.
Hi Lisa

I also got a negative assessment from ACS. But then I went through ACS RPL with the help of george everything went smooth. Just check with the agent. They are the right person now to help you out.

Cheers
Badri
Old Aug 8th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badri
Hi Lisa

I also got a negative assessment from ACS. But then I went through ACS RPL with the help of george everything went smooth. Just check with the agent. They are the right person now to help you out.

Cheers
Badri
Thanks for this.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

really, really sorry to hear this, especially after such a long, drawn out wait....I think the best advice has already been given....get in touch with an agent to help you...if VETASSES say no, there must be an assessing body suitable to get your skills passed with, it may just be a case of matching up your skills/ qual with an alternative description on the SOL...as I said, I am sure an agent will be best to ask about this.

Don't give up, knock backs make success sweeter. Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bettytweena
really, really sorry to hear this, especially after such a long, drawn out wait....I think the best advice has already been given....get in touch with an agent to help you...if VETASSES say no, there must be an assessing body suitable to get your skills passed with, it may just be a case of matching up your skills/ qual with an alternative description on the SOL...as I said, I am sure an agent will be best to ask about this.

Don't give up, knock backs make success sweeter. Good luck.

Thanks for your kind words. I have been in touch with George Lombard and with a bit of luck he will be able to help us. We have really naive, we should have gone through and agent in the first place, that will teach us.

Again thankyou for your kind words, and thanks to all who have answered, life doesn't seem so bad now.........