Negative ACS assessment, what to do next?

Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:23 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Negative ACS assessment, what to do next?

Originally Posted by baazighar
I agree with armandra,
My designation is "Senior Consultant" and I got assessed as "Developer Programmer" as I provided my reference letter in such a way that it suits ACS requirements for Developer Programmer.
hope it helps
I think Armandra is absolutely right.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Shahanita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We have just received news from our agent that my husband is considered as unskilled from ACS as he has applied for ICT business analyst.. but he has 7yrs of experience in same field they have considered all the work experience but have missed a recent one and that evaluation they have not listed in results which is approx 4 and half yrs experience... we know we have to appeal...just wanted to check how come recent work exp is being missed by ACS...is this the case with anyone???

Thanks....
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

baljinsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shahanita
Hi,

We have just received news from our agent that my husband is considered as unskilled from ACS as he has applied for ICT business analyst.. but he has 7yrs of experience in same field they have considered all the work experience but have missed a recent one and that evaluation they have not listed in results which is approx 4 and half yrs experience... we know we have to appeal...just wanted to check how come recent work exp is being missed by ACS...is this the case with anyone???

Thanks....
Hi Shahanita,

I would like to ask:

1) For 4.5 years of recent expereince, was the detailed duties/responsibilities document provided to ACS? Do you really know your agent has done it properly?

2) What documents were sent as a proof for this 4.5 years of exp? Please let us know.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi baljinsi...

Thanks for ur reply we have provided documents... Appointment letter of company, reference letter of roles and responsibilities....
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi baljinsi...

Thanks for ur reply we have provided documents... Appointment letter of company, reference letter of roles and responsibilities....
Hi Sahanita,

I could have suggested you guys to support it with Payslips, Tax statements, salary statement, service statement etc.

Anyways Further to this:

1) Is this expereince mentioned as "Not assessable" on letter issued by ACS? Do you guys have visited your agent and seen the Assessment result? Let me know what's mentioned on the letter for this period?

2) Can you paste the main points of the reference letter (duties/responsibilities) for this 4.5 years and for the previous company what you sent to ACS--I can try to compare both of them and try to assess? Later you can follow step 3 once we decide about these 2 steps.

3) Before the appeal, please write to ACS that your husband is in same occupation all the years, also mention that you ppl have provided so and so documents , why it was not assessable? Write them that you guys are afraid if documents are lost/misplaced in transit ?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Hi baljinsi...

We have forwarded Appointment letter of current organization does that mean service statement...our agent says that will be taken care in second stage, we have not submitted payslips..tax statements and salary statements...

1)4.5yrs experience is not there in assesment results they have missed that... and all other experiences they have counted...
2)definately ill paste all the roles and responsibilities of current and previous organisation for assessment...i have pasted below...
3)yeah we are definately writing it to ACS for correction of their assessment..

Thanks for your help
:cool:

Roles and Responsibilities of current organisation.

• Involved in mentoring junior resources for software development and assisting PMO team in monitoring (reviews), configuration. He was also part of data conversion testing and training if business applications/reports using Oracle – JD Edwards ERP.
• To supervise junior resources and oversee their professional development and training.
• To interact with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications and timelines for ERP software implementation.
• To design and develop the customizations called for extensive interactions and guiding the technical team, to ensure that functional specifications that were provided were successfully converted into applications/reports meeting specific client requirements
• Providing status of project related activities and issue to appropriate management team
• Coordination and participation in testing of implemented software functionally
• Provide quick assistance to client reported issues related to project modules.

Roles and Responsibilities of previous organisation

• Conducting AS - IS Process
• Performing TO – BE and GAP analysis
• Performing system setup and configuration
• Perform CRP testing and UAT
• Help in master data conversions
• Help CNC team member to prepare user security matrix and implement it.
• Preparation of functional specifications and testing
• Prepare user manuals
• Performing GO –Live activities and giving user training
• Performing post GO – Live Support
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi baljinsi...

We have forwarded Appointment letter of current organization does that mean service statement...our agent says that will be taken care in second stage, we have not submitted payslips..tax statements and salary statements...

1)4.5yrs experience is not there in assesment results they have missed that... and all other experiences they have counted...
2)definately ill paste all the roles and responsibilities of current and previous organisation for assessment...i have pasted below...
3)yeah we are definately writing it to ACS for correction of their assessment..

Thanks for your help

Roles and Responsibilities of current organisation.

• Involved in mentoring junior resources for software development and assisting PMO team in monitoring (reviews), configuration. He was also part of data conversion testing and training if business applications/reports using Oracle – JD Edwards ERP.
• To supervise junior resources and oversee their professional development and training.
• To interact with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications and timelines for ERP software implementation.
• To design and develop the customizations called for extensive interactions and guiding the technical team, to ensure that functional specifications that were provided were successfully converted into applications/reports meeting specific client requirements
• Providing status of project related activities and issue to appropriate management team
• Coordination and participation in testing of implemented software functionally
• Provide quick assistance to client reported issues related to project modules.

Roles and Responsibilities of previous organisation

• Conducting AS - IS Process
• Performing TO – BE and GAP analysis
• Performing system setup and configuration
• Perform CRP testing and UAT
• Help in master data conversions
• Help CNC team member to prepare user security matrix and implement it.
• Preparation of functional specifications and testing
• Prepare user manuals
• Performing GO –Live activities and giving user training
• Performing post GO – Live Support

I believe,

If they get a single document for a particular period of experience, they will difinitely put an infomation on assessment result. If they find the document insufficient, they will write "Not assessable". I am surprised, even you ppl have sent Duty statements/appointment letter, they have not mentioned anything about that period. Something needs to be re-viewed here.
Roles and responsibilities related to current Org seem to be more detailed and justified. Related to previous, you guys have put a lot of short forms (Never recommended).
I believe, ACS wants you to mention all technical tools names where you perform all these tasks. But still to me , your current Org related Duty statement seems to be good enough. If in future, you ppl have to provide more support to this letter, please try to furnish more details through every technical tool used in the project. When we spend 4.5 years in an organization, it's good to mention NUMBER of implementation/support projects one handled ( and also to give an estimation of client size)--(Not really the project/client names). This is all for a good application.

Well, ACS also recommends that you should send Salary staments etc. It is always good to send them , so that they could understand that during the period you were on a paid job. When an assesor finds so much of documents for a particular period ,It creates interest of the assessor to evaluate that period of employment. Further if he finds an insufficient information , he asks for more detailed duties or so.

When you apply to DIAC, then also you need to send all these documents.

Keep me updated about your message to ACS. You can send a private message on this forum for any confidential information. Hope things may get good to you ppl---

-Baljinsi
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...

I have sent a priveate message..

thanks
You may want to remove that PDF from your post. Do you really want to post all that personal information all over a free public internet forum?

And why are you sending personal information to some random stranger on the 'net? Do you know him? Is he an agent? Or at least able to help you in some way? FFS man! Think before you go posting stuff.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You may want to remove that PDF from your post. Do you really want to post all that personal information all over a free public internet forum?

And why are you sending personal information to some random stranger on the 'net? Do you know him? Is he an agent? Or at least able to help you in some way? FFS man! Think before you go posting stuff.
Dear Expats,
Do not get stressful or fearful with Dorothy's comment above. Ppl here are to help each other.
Dorothy is correct As we all know in many cases, Any personal information on any public website is risky. So rather attaching anything, it is good idea to paste the content which is important. Specially reference numbers/Names etc can be removed or changed.

Many ppl exchange ideas on received emails/assessments, but we just need to get it smartly---Also as I wrote in my previous post we have a way to send private message to an individual when we need to send such an information (then also remove reference numbers/names).

Cheers,
-Baljinsi
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks....doorthy and baljinsi....

I was very much confused....so have acted weiredly...
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

BEuser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baljinsi
I would strongly suggest you to go for new application as software Engineer. This time make sure that you take a thorough look over the responsibilities of Software engineer (261313) in ANZSCO book issued by immigration..and then accordingly you prepare your REFERENCE letters. In that case you will definitely get it--I have been assessed positively as Systems Analyst. I prepared my all letters myself according to given duties in the ANZSCO code.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Thanks Baljinsi

You were right. I did the same and got +ve ACS result.

Really appreciate your comments!!

Btw I submitted almost the same documents as I did when I applied as Business Analyst. This time they counted all my experience (including the one which was previously assessed as Business Analyst) in the Software Engineer Category.

My only point is that ACS should not be so strict about the nominated occupation if they think that based on the documents submitted by the applicant he/she can easily fall under some other SOL category then at least they should give them such option rather than demanding a whole sum of money again !
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aarkay
one can only wonder from the letter text, that probably I am not performing duties of an analyst programmer.

I do not feel there is a use asking for review and spending $300 for it, and later getting a reply that we still do not find you suitable.

I feel what BEUser did sounds good, a new application with code changed to "Software Engineer" with toned down D&R in the reference letter.

But these different D&R in my new reference letter(in new application as per ANZSCO "Software Engineer") will this be a cause of worry? Because from my prev app ACS can pull out different D&R and can question that(where I applied for "Analyst Programmer").

Also, I do not understand how will I show my company designation similar to "Software Engineer", the names are as such (Assistant System Engineer) that they do not reflect Software experience from the name.

I will file it after 1st July 2011, after changes in the DIAC rules.

BEUser and Armandra, Please give your input and thoughts, your words do boost the moral.

Thanks.
As I mentioned in other posts, I have got +ve skill assessment and I applied as Software Engineer. I slightly modified / elaborated my duties in the letter but nothing in the new letter clashed with my already submitted letter. ACS counted all my experience in and I have got 5 years and 2 months of Software Engineering experience counted in total

Btw guys I am planning to move to UK first and try my luck there ( I have got Tier 1 visa for the UK).
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Baljinsi

I have just read the time lines in which you got SS visa and it has interested me very much.

Actually I have also got VIC State Sponsorship however I have not applied for immigration visa because I also got immigration for the UK and I plan to move there in 2 months time!

But with UK the thing is that you have to keep getting extensions for visa after certain time and that mean additional fee and RISK!! :P

Also to apply for UK visa for my wife and child I need to pay AUD 2444 so I am thinking instead of calling them to the UK I just file an application for immigration to Australia coz the total fee for me and family would be AUD 2525 (any one pls correct me if I am mistaken here about the fee;fyi my wife have IELTS over all band 8 and 8 or above in all sections)

So I think I should apply for Ausi Immigration now and go to the UK for a month or two and see the situation there, if the prospects look good then I will call up my family to the UK other wise I will move to Ausi ?

What do others think ... suggestion welcome by all..
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEuser
Baljinsi

I have just read the time lines in which you got SS visa and it has interested me very much.

Actually I have also got VIC State Sponsorship however I have not applied for immigration visa because I also got immigration for the UK and I plan to move there in 2 months time!

But with UK the thing is that you have to keep getting extensions for visa after certain time and that mean additional fee and RISK!! :P

Also to apply for UK visa for my wife and child I need to pay AUD 2444 so I am thinking instead of calling them to the UK I just file an application for immigration to Australia coz the total fee for me and family would be AUD 2525 (any one pls correct me if I am mistaken here about the fee;fyi my wife have IELTS over all band 8 and 8 or above in all sections)

So I think I should apply for Ausi Immigration now and go to the UK for a month or two and see the situation there, if the prospects look good then I will call up my family to the UK other wise I will move to Ausi ?

What do others think ... suggestion welcome by all..
Hi BEuser,
Congrats on getting assessed positively...

Applying for aus is a very good idea as the fee you mentioned is for whole family (as your spouse is haveing score of 8+, though I never know how this much is achieved )...
VIC SS visa wud take a month effectively if you have PCCs/ Medical ready. You will have a validity of almost 10-12 months to enter AUS once. Then your Permanent Residence visa gets validated and you can come and go for whole 5 years.
It is mandatory to live for 2 years (as a whole) to get Return Resident Visa for next 5 years. But if you stay for 4 years in Aus..then you can apply for Citizenship.
If you have good jobs opportunities in VIC, AUS...I wud suggest you to enter Aus in this growing economy phase. Hardly things will take 1-2 months for you. You can also bring your family with you. I wud left the idea of UK if job market of VIC favours my occupations.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 8:51 am
Just Joined

aarkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats BEUser...

great news man.... I do understand the happiness that one can get in +ve assessment(that is the first step), because I am undergoing the same pain (coz of my own mistake)...

wish you luck for your application process ahead...

aarkay

Originally Posted by BEuser
As I mentioned in other posts, I have got +ve skill assessment and I applied as Software Engineer. I slightly modified / elaborated my duties in the letter but nothing in the new letter clashed with my already submitted letter. ACS counted all my experience in and I have got 5 years and 2 months of Software Engineering experience counted in total

Btw guys I am planning to move to UK first and try my luck there ( I have got Tier 1 visa for the UK).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.